Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default How can Dazzler fit in with today’s music industry ?

Dazzler is an interesting mutant, she’s definitely had her ups and downs and had always tried to follow her own path. Allison never intended to be a superhero but was dragged into it due to different circumstances out of her control. Her goals of building a successful music career for herself had always been her passion. Of course we all know how difficult the the business of the music industry can be, and she had to hide being a mutant for fear of being blacklisted in her industry and personal safety from mutant haters.
    The music industry is rough one day your up the next day your down artists don’t make money like the used to from record sales and have to find other means to make money. Some artists do reality shows, social media + brand ambassadors, clothing + perfume lines and etc.

My main question is, in today’s music industry which female artist do you see Dazzler fitting right into fashion & music style ?? I personally always saw dazzler moving from disco to the pop genre where is a bit of a mix.

Examples:
    Lady Gaga: who’s style I can see her emulating
    Dua Lipa: who just had a disco inspired album
    Ariana Grande: an adult version

Definitely Gaga. Madonna or Cher, too, but that would mean aging her.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The best wat to get info the spotlights would be;
    Use auto-sync on all your tracks
    Steal samples from other artist
    Show as much as posible of your body
    Take a boobjob and butt filler
    Look as slutty and cheap as possible
    Post every sneez or smile on Insta

That will take you far enough Alison
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

She should take inspiration from CupcaKke. Then her songs will be remixed and go viral, ensuring an audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Dazzler is an interesting mutant...

My main question is, in today’s music industry which female artist do you see Dazzler fitting right into fashion & music style ?? I personally always saw dazzler moving from disco to the pop genre where is a bit of a mix.

Examples:
    Lady Gaga: who’s style I can see her emulating
    Dua Lipa: who just had a disco inspired album
    Ariana Grande: an adult version
    Yeah, these are good ladies and Dazzler's music would indeed have a combo of each in her own.

However, I suppose that Dazzler would have been the OG whose music genre they all followed!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Get an album produced by Bling's parents.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

For sure. Considering that disco keeps returning in some new form, she would just have to tweak her sound to match the current flavor. I've been listening to a few tracks from Kylie Minogue's 2021 "Disco" at the gym and they slap, Kiss of Life being my favorite. It's a duet and I can easily imagine it being Kylie and Alison.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    For sure. Considering that disco keeps returning in some new form, she would just have to tweak her sound to match the current flavor. I've been listening to a few tracks from Kylie Minogue's 2021 "Disco" at the gym and they slap, Kiss of Life being my favorite. It's a duet and I can easily imagine it being Kylie and Alison.
    I have been listening to Kylie's 2020/21 Disco on repeat the past couple of weeks and honestly - it's exactly the the sound and lyricism I would expect from Alison/Dazzler. It's perfect.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Boomers love disco, and they have all the money. Dazzler will be fine.

Based on Dua Lipa constantly making retro music Dazzler would be something like that

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I have been listening to Kylie's 2020/21 Disco on repeat the past couple of weeks and honestly - it's exactly the the sound and lyricism I would expect from Alison/Dazzler. It's perfect.
    Oh yes that's right, it came out in 2020 and I learned about it with the Guest List Edition. I agree regarding the sound fitting so well with Alison the more I listen to it. If I close my eyes that's her on Real Groove with Dua Lipa.
    Southeast FL here, hello neighbor.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I hate disco with the power of the fire of a thousand suns. However, this doesn't mean I have no dog in this fight; I agree with the folks saying Dua Lipa.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

BANNED

Back in the day [circa the turn of this century], given Dazz's [meta] longevity even then, my BIG idea for her was always this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maverick_(company)
    Maverick was an American entertainment company founded in 1992 by Madonna, Frederick DeMann, and Veronica "Ronnie" Dashev, and formerly owned and operated by Warner Music Group. It included a record label (Maverick Records), a film production company (Maverick Films), book publishing, music publishing, a Latin record division (Maverick Música), and a television production company. The first releases for the company were Madonna's 1992 coffee table publication Sex and her studio album Erotica, which were released simultaneously to great controversy as well as success. By the early 1990s, the existence of Maverick Records was "anomaly" as she became in one of the first female artists to have a real label, and one of the few women to run her own entertainment company according to J. Randy Taraborrelli. ...
    I also saw symmetrical parallels in her unique, almost chameleon-like ability to span genres & reinvent herself, for the times.

This could still work today, and maybe even more successfully so, then it might've then:

I see even folk/country being in her realm. There's nothing she can't do, w/boffo STYLE!

Maybe during her concerts she can wear different and unique clothes designed by Jumbo!

As the queen of it, of course. I mean, she's Dazzler. I'd also be down for a Dazzler talk show ala Kelly Clarkson.