Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default The C2E2 Spider-man 60th Panel, some interesting things been said.

https://www.thepopverse.com/marvel-s...-c2e2-liveblog

5:53 PM
    "The thing with Peter Parker is that he always has to be relatable," Cebulski says. "With Peter, it's something we have to handle really delicately." Getting Peter married or having a family is something that Marvel has no interested in.

5:56 PM
    The Nick Spencer run gets a round of applause when a fan mentions it, but says that they felt a "sharp shift in direction" midway through the run. "I wouldn't say halfway through," Cebulski says, but towards the end, there were storylines that had to be adjusted. "There wasn't anything dramatic or anything we had to force down anyone's throats," he says.

also ?????

6:01 PM
    Mary Jane/Black Cat will be launched in December, to explore the relationship between the two characters, Cebulski says. "We will never disregard or disrespect Mary Jane," he promises.

anyone been there and have info, i would like to know who's writing it and drawing.

We're finally getting a Mary Jane/Black Cat series!?

It's gotta be McKay, right?

“MJs new X-Men connection will be explored.”

Great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

"The thing with Peter Parker is that he always has to be relatable," Cebulski says. "With Peter, it's something we have to handle really delicately." Getting Peter married or having a family is something that Marvel has no interested in.

The Nick Spencer run gets a round of applause when a fan mentions it, but says that they felt a "sharp shift in direction" midway through the run. "I wouldn't say halfway through," Cebulski says, but towards the end, there were storylines that had to be adjusted. "There wasn't anything dramatic or anything we had to force down anyone's throats," he says.

also ?????

Mary Jane/Black Cat will be launched in December, to explore the relationship between the two characters, Cebulski says. "We will never disregard or disrespect Mary Jane," he promises.

anyone been there and have info, i would like to know who's writing it and drawing.
    Interesting article thank you for posting. I really disagree with the point in the interview there are no bad characters, they just have not been written well yet. Living Brain was perhaps the one bad character Ditko created and as far as I know it took over half a century to bring him back. Guess what? he is no better today. Alpha is another character who has been buried. Why? Because he sucks. As for MJ, what is the problem with her being married to Peter? I will give credit for at least admitting she is his true love and not Gwen, Felicia, Carly or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    “MJs new X-Men connection will be explored.”

Great.
    So random yet now it's a plot point.

Really not too crazy about this Black Cat/Mary Jane book either. Most likely means neither one of them will be in the main Spider-Man titles very much or at all and I don’t enjoy loveless Peter stories/runs.
    Last edited by hoth82; 08-06-2022 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

also ?????

Yeah, I'm starting to lose interest in Spider-Man if this is the route they decide to go. Date someone-->break up--> go back to MJ--> break up with MJ--> repeat. Guess I'll be dead before I see 616 Peter and MJ married and with kids.

If the MJ/Black Cat mini is written by Jed MacKay I'm interested, if not then I can wait.

Really not too crazy about this Black Cat/Mary Jane book either. Most likely means neither one of them will be in the main Spider-Man titles very much or at all and I don’t enjoy loveless Peter stories/runs.
    At the same time, I trust them more in their own series than written by Zeb Wells.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Interesting article thank you for posting. I really disagree with the point in the interview there are no bad characters, they just have not been written well yet. Living Brain was perhaps the one bad character Ditko created and as far as I know it took over half a century to bring him back. Guess what? he is no better today. Alpha is another character who has been buried. Why? Because he sucks. As for MJ, what is the problem with her being married to Peter? I will give credit for at least admitting she is his true love and not Gwen, Felicia, Carly or anyone else.
    Guess that means MJ will still be with Paul and the kiddies

Mighty Member

Or yet another new supporting character as Peter's new love interest

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    We don't know. That could be changed at any moment too

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At the same time, I trust them more in their own series than written by Zeb Wells.
    Depends on who’s writing it and what they do with them.

Joy.

If it’s not Mary Jane, Felicia or to a lesser extent, Betty, I’m not interested.

Depending on the writer, they could just ignore it like the plague.
    Or no romance because Wells is focusing on a bunch of other stuff.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Depending on the writer, they could just ignore it like the plague.

Or no romance because Wells is focusing on a bunch of other stuff.
    At least Peter is going to get a job again (even if it means working for Osborn)