Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    But why do you think the marriage won't be returning?
    Because its boring and people only care about Peter as a focus not Peter and MJ sharing the focus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Lol. I think he has insurance through his reserve Avengers membership!
    I dont think so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Most of Peters stories is about him being loveless and without a love interest.
    That's never been the case

Because its boring
    It was the most interesting he'd ever been.

and people only care about Peter as a focus
    Peter as the focus all of the time without someone to devote some of that energy to is even more boring
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-16-2022 at 08:47 AM.

I wonder how soon we'll get more MJ/Black Cat info since it's coming in December.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how soon we'll get more MJ/Black Cat info since it's coming in December.
    I'm thinking the promotional artwork must spoil an upcoming story or they would have put out more information by now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Peter as the focus all of the time without someone to devote some of that energy to is even more boring
    If the Spider-marriage is restored, what is the estimated sales increase on Spider-Man afterwards?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    As a side plot, its not the main focus of Peters narrative, Peter has more stories being a average joe, a student, and a hero balancing the former thsn trying to win the girl or have a total relationship as the main plot.

Agree to disagree, Peter trying to help his aunt or mentor ypung characters like Franklin or Miles is more interesting to me than any Peter and MJ interaction.

The focus is on Peter and Peters experiences, aka the Amazing Spider-Man

Most of Peters stories is about him being loveless and without a love interest.
    Lol.

If the Spider-marriage is restored, what is the estimated sales increase on Spider-Man afterwards?
    I doubt it'd make much of a difference, ASM keeps selling no matter what, people who left because OMD happened may not return, there are more than enough marriage fans who keep buying it current comics too.

While there are definitely people who'd return if the marriage is returned, I doubt it'd be that significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

If Marvel undoes OMD, I imagine it would be something they make clear in advance. And at that point it's practically an event. So if nothing else, undoing OMD might lead to a spike in sales for that reason.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    If Marvel undoes OMD, I imagine it would be something they make clear in advance. And at that point it's practically an event. So if nothing else, undoing OMD might lead to a spike in sales for that reason.
    How much of a spike? What percentage increase do you estimate Amazing having afterwards? Is a 100% increase? 400%? 1000%?

BANNED

I doubt people would care that much.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

I doubt people would care that much.
    It'd make the news like the last time something big happened like when Otto killed Peter so the coverage would get people talking and then check it out

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It'd make the news like the last time something big happened like when Otto killed Peter so the coverage would get people talking and then check it out
    I don't actually think OMD in itself made a big splash in the news at the time...closest it got to big time mainstream attention was Quesada appearing on Howard Stern to defend it.

Astonishing Member

How much of a spike? What percentage increase do you estimate Amazing having afterwards? Is a 100% increase? 400%? 1000%?
    Why does that matter?

I'm guessing at least as if of a spike as your regular Marvel event.

Fantastic Member

Why does that matter?
    I'm not talking about a spike. I'm talking about a long-term sales increase. Because the arguments here are that OMD has led to a massive drop-off in Spider-Man sales, and that there is a sizable audience of people who are waiting for the marriage to return so they can come back to reading the book, and that the marriage is responsible for Spider-Man's big sales numbers in the late 80s and early 90s. So I was just curious what we are estimating the sales increase to be if they bring the marriage back.

I mean, obviously, according to folks here, there would have to be one--something really massive, since any time anyone points out that Spider-Man has remained a successful book since 2008, the argument is that it's not selling as well as it did back when they were married, so I'm assuming that we must be looking at, what? Monthly sales of 200,000 to 300,000 at least?