Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Funny thing is CB also called Slott the best Spider-Man writer ever, that tells you all you need to know after the way he handles females.

He has his little creepy BND club again of Slott and Wells taking us back 15 years again.

Shame CB doesn’t remember the biggest selling issue of Spider-Man ever was while he was married.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-07-2022 at 10:27 AM.

Incredible Member

Well looks like I’ll be tracking down trades so that I can read a married Spider-man. I prefer him that way. I was so happy when DC pulled their heads out of their asses and brought back married Superman as Superdad, then of course broke him, and brought back other married or close enough with Wally West And Linda, Aquaman and Mera, Green Arrow and Black Canary and Hawkman and Hawkwoman. Shame they wiffed on Batman. Oh well only old trades for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    You’re completely right.

Funny thing is CB also called Slott the best Spider-Man writer ever, that tells you all you need to know after the way he handles females.

He has his little creepy BND club again of Slott and Wells taking us back 15 years again.

Shame CB doesn’t remember the biggest selling issue of Spider-Man ever was while he was married.
    The comment CB made about Slott is one of the most insane comments about Spider-Man ever. I guess CB thinks Slott is better then Ditko and Lee? That said, although I gave Slott an overall grade of F I do think Slott is better then Wells.

Hi all, been Spider-Man free for many months and plan to continue for that for years.

As someone who was a new reader when Spider-Man was married and became a fan of the character during that period at the age of 11, it's a joke when they say he can't be married because "new readers". Spider-Man comics are no longer for me. I'm glad I moved on after Spencer and I no longer plan to even follow what is happening. I rarely visit these forums anymore and I don't intend to post here much as I find it engages me too much in this world I don't want creeping back into my life.

I may one day continue the marriage thread but I would encourage anyone unhappy to jump ship from Spider-Man and comics, it has been so good not being upset or angry about the direction of the book or the character. If you don't like it, find new hobbies and interests. My mood and overall enjoyment of life has improved SO MUCH. Anyway, I wish all well. Bye!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.thepopverse.com/marvel-s...-c2e2-liveblog

5:53 PM
    "The thing with Peter Parker is that he always has to be relatable," Cebulski says. "With Peter, it's something we have to handle really delicately." Getting Peter married or having a family is something that Marvel has no interested in.
    He hasn't been particularly relatable for a long time now. Except for moments in Nick Spencer's run, like when was pondering about how his life just seemed to repeat itself and wanted to change that.

Astonishing Member

"The thing with Peter Parker is that he always has to be relatable," Cebulski says. "With Peter, it's something we have to handle really delicately." Getting Peter married or having a family is something that Marvel has no interested in.
    You know, I'm really tired of this bullshit take. Especially because it's a goddamn lie.
    I was a child, when I started to read Spider-Man, and he was married at that time. And you know what? I was interested. I liked it. I had absolutely no issues with that. He wasn't boring for me. And I'm sure a lot of people felt the same, he had good sales there.
    It's time for them to stop saying, that it's all for the fans and face one simple fact - they hate marriage simply because it doesn't fit into their vision of the character. Because it’s more convenient for them to write Peter as an eternal loser, because they don’t want the character to have development, and everything else for them is a “wrong interpretation of the character.” And given that sales aren't dropping that much, they don't give a damn about what fans want because they're writing for themselves, not for them.
    It's not about him being relatable, it's about some sort of sick comfort zone.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 08-07-2022 at 07:13 AM.

I honestly can't explain why, after 15 years of the audience saying what it wants, Marvel goes out of its way to say "no" and actively moves against that direction. They had people cheering for what they wanted and Editorial said "no" and still uses the most pathetic excuses imaginable. It's been 15 years and people STILL act like this in regards to Peter and MJ. And in regards to One More Day.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The comment CB made about Slott is one of the most insane comments about Spider-Man ever. I guess CB thinks Slott is better then Ditko and Lee? That said, although I gave Slott an overall grade of F I do think Slott is better then Wells.
    Yeah, that was puzzling as well. IMHO, other than Superior and Spider-Verse, I honestly have never enjoyed a Slott event. The latter was only enjoyable because it was a vast WTH cluster of multiverse hopping, throwing everything at the audience chaos not because it was a solid, well-told story. Every event he had was far too gimmicky for me: Spider-Island "What If everyone in NYC developed Spider-Powers?", Clone Conspiracy "What if we did another clone story but Ben Reilly is the Jackal/main villain?", Red Goblin "What if we mashed up Green Goblin and Carnage?", etc.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-07-2022 at 08:11 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, that was puzzling as well. IMHO, other than Superior and Spider-Verse, I honestly have never enjoyed a Slott event. The latter was only enjoyable because it was a vast WTH cluster of multiverse hopping, throwing everything at the audience chaos not because it was a solid, well-told story. Every event he had was far too gimmicky for me: Spider-Island "What If Everyone In NYC Had Spider-Powers?", Red Goblin "What if we mashed up Green Goblin and Carnage?", etc.
    Maybe Peter will be a mutant and MJ will take Peter's place like timeless hinted

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Maybe Peter will be a mutant and MJ will take Peter's place like timeless hinted
    It certainly is gimmicky so I can see Slott pitching the idea for yet another flashy nonsensical event.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Okay, hear me out.

People like teenager Spider-Man, it's literally the only way he makes money, so, if one Spider-Man makes money, why not two of them? That's twice the money.

It's basic business .
    This would be like if Mcdonald's or Burger King refused to carry anything but burgers and fries: no chicken, no fish, no vegetarian option, no ice cream, no onion rings, and no salads. Why leave money on the table by alienating a segment of your customer base or potential customer base? This is a very shortsighted approach, IMHO, especially given the recent success of events like Life Story. The audience is there and willing to pay arguably more so now than ever due to the treatment of Peter, MJ, etc. over the last fifteen years.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-07-2022 at 10:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, that was puzzling as well, IMHO. Other than Superior and Spider-Verse, I honestly have never enjoyed a Slott event. The latter was only enjoyable because it was a vast WTH cluster of multiverse hopping, throwing everything at the audience chaos not because it was a solid, well-told story.
    Slott did a few others I liked: RYV, Spider Island and Ends Of The Earth, but the majority of his content was either mediocre or awful. One thing I never liked is That “Peter must be relatable” attitude, so he cannot be married. I could understand that (although I certainly would disagree) if he was not married before and there were no other Spider characters, but of course that is not true. Besides, how “relatable” was he when was a “Man-Child” during the Slott run? The “Relatable” Peter is simply an excuse for the status quo, because Marvel does not have the balls to allow Peter to grow up, because of a fear they will lose money.

Slott did a few others I liked: RYV, Spider Island and Ends Of The Earth, but the majority of his content was either mediocre or awful. One thing I never liked is That “Peter must be relatable” attitude, so he cannot be married. I could understand that (although I certainly would disagree) if he was not married before and there were no other Spider characters, but of course that is not true. Besides, how “relatable” was he when was a “Man-Child” during the Slott run? The “Relatable” Peter is simply an excuse for the status quo, because Marvel does not have the balls to allow Peter to grow up, because of a fear they will lose money.
    I could see this Pre-Miles but the guy carried his own video game with ease and was arguably the main star of an extremely successful movie. When I ask kids and teens who Spidey is most of them say Miles Morales first then Peter second, sorry but it's true people. Miles has proven he can more than fill the young, hip Sidey role. No money will be lost if anything money will be gained by FINALLY allowing Peter to mature.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Gwen is bad enough, MJ as a Spider is about as necessary and original as Goblin Queen, Francine, and Lady Octopus. An inferior female version of the male characters.

Thumbs up

Gwen is bad enough, MJ as a Spider is about as necessary and original as Goblin Queen, Francine, and Lady Octopus. An inferior female version of the male characters.
    Unless they make MJ and Peter a loving couple again who can fight crime together, I don't want MJ becoming Spider-Gwen Lite because that's all she would be in such a scenario.