Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I agree 100%. That is especially true about Miles. It goes back to what I said earlier Marvel has no balls. But they are out of ideas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I agree 100%. That is especially true about Miles. It goes back to what I said earlier Marvel has no balls. But they are out of ideas as well.
    They are very much out of ideas for Peter the endless retreads of Kraven's Last Hunt and Goblins, Clones, and Symbiotes more than prove this point.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

This is the kind of BS that I expect from 21st Century Marvel. There is a reason why there is only one quality villain created this Century ( Mr. Negative). Instead of putting in an effort, we get female ripoffs of classic characters and repeating the concept of Superior making Norman a superhero when we know one day he will be bad again, just like we saw with Otto. My response: “Been there done that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    This is the kind of BS that I expect from 21st Century Marvel. There is a reason why there is only one quality villain created this Century ( Mr. Negative). Instead of putting in an effort, we get female ripoffs of classic characters and repeating the concept of Superior making Norman a superhero when we know one day he will be bad again, just like we saw with Otto. My response: “Been there done that.”
    Don't forget Spider People everywhere all the time! Spider-Gwen was so interesting as her own thing in 65 yet they had to ruin that by bringing her full time into 616. Goodness forbid that any character gets to be unique and not a copy of Peter/Classic Spidey.

Folks, if you're disappointed by the comments you're certainly free to express that disappointment, but I don't want to see any more speculation about what's behind the comments or people's personal motivations for making them. There's been some very ugly implications tossed around here and that's going to stop one way or the other. Those of you who've had posts edited or deleted in this thread should know exactly what I'm talking about.

We have rules about treating comic professionals with respect on the forums, and those rules don't cease to exist just because you're bothered by a creator's comments about a character you like.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I honestly can't explain why, after 15 years of the audience saying what it wants, Marvel goes out of its way to say "no" and actively moves against that direction. They had people cheering for what they wanted and Editorial said "no" and still uses the most pathetic excuses imaginable. It's been 15 years and people STILL act like this in regards to Peter and MJ. And in regards to One More Day.
    Tom Brevoort method of pissing off fans, and maybe now they're continuing it just because lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It certainly is gimmicky so I can see Slott pitching the idea for yet another flashy nonsensical event.
    Slott doesn't have that control over Spidey at this point, and Wells would probably not want to write MJ in ASM and as a Spider unless she's getting eaten by Lizard or somethin' lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    This would be like if Mcdonald's or Burger King refused to carry anything but burgers and fries: no chicken, no fish, no vegetarian option, no ice cream, no onion rings, and no salads. Why leave money on the table by alienating a segment of your customer base or potential customer base? This is a very shortsighted approach, IMHO, especially given the recent success of events like Life Story. The audience is there and willing to pay arguably more so now than ever due to the treatment of Peter, MJ, etc. over the last fifteen years.
    I hope you understand that the post you replied to was filled with sarcasm lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 08-07-2022 at 11:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

I honestly can't explain why, after 15 years of the audience saying what it wants, Marvel goes out of its way to say "no" and actively moves against that direction. They had people cheering for what they wanted and Editorial said "no" and still uses the most pathetic excuses imaginable. It's been 15 years and people STILL act like this in regards to Peter and MJ. And in regards to One More Day.
    The audience votes with their wallets. Amazing Spider-Man continues to sell. They did a married Spider-Man comic, but not enough people bought it.

Unmarrying Spider-Man stuck and they're never going to undo it. If a Marvel Comics EIC wanted to re-marry Spider-Man then they'd have to justify it to the higher-ups at Disney. Disney isn't going to be on board with that because Spider-Man is one of their most popular kid brands.

It doesn't matter how many cheers someone gets at a convention, it's not going to change what Disney wants from the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    "The thing with Peter Parker is that he always has to be relatable," Cebulski says. "With Peter, it's something we have to handle really delicately." Getting Peter married or having a family is something that Marvel has no interested in.
    I'm getting mixed messages here.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Funny thing is CB also called Slott the best Spider-Man writer ever...
    Why does Brian Michael Bendis never get respect?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The audience votes with their wallets. Amazing Spider-Man continues to sell. They did a married Spider-Man comic, but not enough people bought it.

Unmarrying Spider-Man stuck and they're never going to undo it. If a Marvel Comics EIC wanted to re-marry Spider-Man then they'd have to justify it to the higher-ups at Disney. Disney isn't going to be on board with that because Spider-Man is one of their most popular kid brands.

It doesn't matter how many cheers someone gets at a convention, it's not going to change what Disney wants from the brand.
    Single Spider-Man doesn't seem to matter to sales either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Do you know the inner workings of Marvel and Disney? Do you know who fans would need to talk to?

I remember when Cebulski did Loners. He felt like a fresh voice back then. Now? Well after the whole damn Akira debacle and his uninspired run as EiC I struggle to reconcile the two.

All evidence so far points to Spider-man being suffocated creativly. We are happy that MJ might move out of the main titel because she apprently has no future there. Cebulksi just confirms it. The true love character will never be in a long relationship with the main character. I love MJ but I have no interest in reading a decade of ASM where she is on off with Peter in a doomed relationship. What will we enjoy otherwise with her? Killed? Maimed? Will Slott bring back her nightclub?

This reminds me of football clubs(not American football) where the owners just care about the brand. If the team wins matches or not is not the point. If fans hate them doesn't matter so long as big names gets attached to the club and sell jerseys. Managers get hired and exciting new directions are promised and in the end if they win it's just a happy accident.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    ....I hope you understand that the post you replied to was filled with sarcasm lol.
    Oh, I sure do. I was simply venting lol.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-07-2022 at 01:09 PM.

Do you know the inner workings of Marvel and Disney? Do you know who fans would need to talk to?
    If you know the latter, please share. I'll thank you in advance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I remember when Cebulski did Loners. He felt like a fresh voice back then. Now? Well after the whole damn Akira debacle and his uninspired run as EiC I struggle to reconcile the two.

All evidence so far points to Spider-man being suffocated creativly. We are happy that MJ might move out of the main titel because she apprently has no future there. Cebulksi just confirms it. The true love character will never be in a long relationship with the main character. I love MJ but I have no interest in reading a decade of ASM where she is on off with Peter in a doomed relationship. What will we enjoy otherwise with her? Killed? Maimed? Will Slott bring back her nightclub?

This reminds me of football clubs(not American football) where the owners just care about the brand. If the team wins matches or not is not the point. If fans hate them doesn't matter so long as big names gets attached to the club and sell jerseys. Managers get hired and exciting new directions are promised and in the end if they win it's just a happy accident.
    I doubt MJ will be removed from the book permanently. If she was she would have received the Gwen treatment. I have been saying here for several years, the marriage will be restored in ASM 1000, and I still have that opinion. Everything you see involving her is a tease like the Paul and kid stuff. Unless Marvel is going down the clone Avenue ( or redoing Sins Past) once again, no one thinks those are really her kids. This is one big game, and to be honest I am sick of it

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    "The thing with Peter Parker is that he always has to be relatable," Cebulski says. "With Peter, it's something we have to handle really delicately." Getting Peter married or having a family is something that Marvel has no interested in.
    Ew gross. Besides, if you wanted him to be relatable to comic fans, he should have no life at all
    2024: The Year of Hellion