Default Ethan Hunt replaces James Bond in Craig movies

How well does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    How well does he do?
    I'm not sure he can get past the first movie I don't think he had any poker skills he kinda needs it for this if he did get past frist movie he probably does better than bound.

Spectacular Member

Hunt wouldn't bother with the poker shenanigans. He would probably try to outright capture LeChiffre and put on a Mission Impossible mask and pose as him or some such.

Though if we're not spotting Hunt Mission Impossible tech, then Hunt- if he doesn't have the skills to beat LeChiffre, he comes up with some elaborate scheme where he can cheat in a nearly foolproof way (using existing tech) doing an M:I style break in prior to the game being played, setting up some camera system or putting something on LeChiffre. Whatever. He comes up with a scheme and pulls it off. Then it plays out like the rest of the movie, just with an added M:I break in/shenanigans scene.

Otherwise, yeah, Hunt has no problem with Bond's missions.

Hunt also knows sleight of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Hunt wouldn't bother with the poker shenanigans. He would probably try to outright capture LeChiffre and put on a Mission Impossible mask and pose as him or some such.

Though if we're not spotting Hunt Mission Impossible tech, then Hunt- if he doesn't have the skills to beat LeChiffre, he comes up with some elaborate scheme where he can cheat in a nearly foolproof way (using existing tech) doing an M:I style break in prior to the game being played, setting up some camera system or putting something on LeChiffre. Whatever. He comes up with a scheme and pulls it off. Then it plays out like the rest of the movie, just with an added M:I break in/shenanigans scene.

Otherwise, yeah, Hunt has no problem with Bond's missions.
    I haven't seen the movie in awhile but wasn't the poker game a must?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I haven't seen the movie in awhile but wasn't the poker game a must?
    Well, kinda.

M wanted to do the classic "roll up a middle man, get him to drop a dime on the higher-ups" trick on Le Chiffre. Bond had already put him into desperate financial straights, so the poker game was his "only" out.

That said, there was simply no reason to not just pick the guy up as he's walking into the venue, and not risk losing millions of pounds. Le Chiffre was already screwed - he owed money he couldn't pay. All they needed to do was prevent him from getting the cash, and he'd be forced to cooperate. This plan was Fast and Furious level silly.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Well, kinda.

M wanted to do the classic "roll up a middle man, get him to drop a dime on the higher-ups" trick on Le Chiffre. Bond had already put him into desperate financial straights, so the poker game was his "only" out.

That said, there was simply no reason to not just pick the guy up as he's walking into the venue, and not risk losing millions of pounds. Le Chiffre was already screwed - he owed money he couldn't pay. All they needed to do was prevent him from getting the cash, and he'd be forced to cooperate. This plan was Fast and Furious level silly.
    Is that how it is in the book?