Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should Marvel swoop in and scoop up the Valiant characters?

I'm pretty sure Marvel doesn't even need real money at this point, toss some Disney bucks at them and see what happens. If they ask for real money walk away...but really slowly. Chances are they change their minds
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I get a little nervous when it's just a few companies owning everything. Monopolies are never good.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

No thank you
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Sounds interesting. If this helps bring back Chromium/Enhanced Covers, then I'd totally support it...

I'd also be interested if Joe Quesada could do artwork for this once again...

How did Marvel owning Malibu and Crossgen comics go ?
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

I think not... Marvel can barely write the characters they currently own with any real consistency.

Ultimate Member

Nah, they should focus on getting it together in what they own.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Terribly, but the MCU is really into the whole Multiverse stuff now. Using Valiant, Malibu, Crossgen and the New Universe to create a multiverse that is actually interesting as opposed to using variants would be the way to go.

Let's face it folks variants are as low effort as they are boring.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

No marvel and dc for that matter shouldn’t waste their money and time. They’ve got hundreds of characters they don’t even use. I like those characters but both companies have characters who are almost 1 for 1 and are far better. If another company had to buy them, and not launch as their own company, let it be either Dark horse or Boom.

When marvel starts using the characters from the other two companies they bought then we'll talk.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What happened to Valiant?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Terribly, but the MCU is really into the whole Multiverse stuff now. Using Valiant, Malibu, Crossgen and the New Universe to create a multiverse that is actually interesting as opposed to using variants would be the way to go.

Let's face it folks variants are as low effort as they are boring.
    Let me get this straight -- You want Marvel to buy up the characters from another company despite them having no need for them just because you don't like variants (an opinion you seem to be in the minority on), all while knowing that the last time Marvel bought up characters from another company it didn't end well?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What happened to Valiant?
    They've laid off most of their staff and work seems to have stopped on most of their series.

It looks like the company is slowly winding down operations.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I think not... Marvel can barely write the characters they currently own with any real consistency.
    Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    No marvel and dc for that matter shouldn’t waste their money and time. They’ve got hundreds of characters they don’t even use. I like those characters but both companies have characters who are almost 1 for 1 and are far better. If another company had to buy them, and not launch as their own company, let it be either Dark horse or Boom.
    All of this.

I can think of a 25 MARVEL characters I'd rather get books.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I never read any of the Crossgen stuff so I can't comment on that. They absolutely ruined Malibu though. I bought several of those monthlies before Marvel bought that company and it all sucked afterwards. I'm still convinced that is why they bought Malibu in the first place.