Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Wasnt reading KoX. Damn they really turned Rachel's hair to fiery hair that predates Jean? ugh
    How did you come to this conclusion?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Makes me laugh that people assume writers don’t want to write Logan and instead are forced to by editorial. If you read what Jordan said, that he allows the writers to use the characters they want, and then think about the fact that Logan is in so many books… well, I think you’d come to the conclusion that writers enjoy him.
    I didn't say no one wanted to write him. I said he'd still be mandated even if no one wanted to write him. Percy clearly wants to write him a lot, but even if he didn't, there would still be a mandate to use him. He's like Spider-Man or Batman that way. There will always be someone who wants to write them, but if every writer suddenly quit working on their books tomorrow the companies would do everything to ensure they still had books about them and would sooner fire much of their staff than not use those characters. Logan has a different status than the rest of the X-Men that ensures he will be used no matter what. I'm also not convinced that every one of his appearances is solely because the writer wanted to use him and not because of some mandate from above, especially in his appearances outside the X-Men line. Again, like Batman and Spider-Man, he is a character that is used to push the sales of certain books where he might not always belong. Like those characters, he's too big for editorial mandates to never factor in.

BANNED

Makes me laugh that people assume writers don’t want to write Logan and instead are forced to by editorial. If you read what Jordan said, that he allows the writers to use the characters they want, and then think about the fact that Logan is in so many books… well, I think you’d come to the conclusion that writers enjoy him.
    Yeah he is appearing in books where most of it seems like it's fan service nowdays so it's kinda explains how much writers deemed to be fanboys themselves and tend to write those similar stories like Ms Marvel and Wolverine. But it's not necessarily a good thing for character development though tbh
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-08-2022 at 09:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    How did you come to this conclusion?
    Idk i just saw that panel where Rachel is kissing Betsy

You know, Storm is so many people’s favorite because she came in when there were like seven mutants before her. The spotlight was on her and she was special and she continued to be special for a very, very long time. And it’s very self-perpetuating. The more stories there are about her, the more people want to do stories about her.
    Sums up what is wrong with Marvel and why it's stuck in perpetual nostalgia wank.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

One of JDW's better XMM...except for both his Moira responses ("Did the No-place give her cancer?" was irrelevant AF and a Moira LS now would definitely sell because so much has changed and not for the good). And that very last one. I officially and absolutely hate Sinister now. Ugh!

He unofficially cleared up Jean's minidress quandry. (Hickman could have just said so early on instead of trying to be so cryptic.)
    And verified that Rachel is now Askani...thank the Mother!!!

His response to aging the characters was...a lil suspect! Especially when you consider Duggan's "one year in real life" rubbish. Those who died and were resurrected recently like Roberto and Scott would be their age pre-death but everyone else like Storm and Emma would have aged a year older.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Her fire hair is actually a throwback to her signature visual as Phoenix in Claremont and Davis' initial Excalibur run in 1988.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

And you thought that meant editorial somehow decided to try and make Rachel's hair fiery a thing before Jean? Somehow different from all the other times that Rachel's hair was fiery when she was Phoenix (which was her thing anyways)?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I didn't say no one wanted to write him. I said he'd still be mandated even if no one wanted to write him. Percy clearly wants to write him a lot, but even if he didn't, there would still be a mandate to use him. He's like Spider-Man or Batman that way. There will always be someone who wants to write them, but if every writer suddenly quit working on their books tomorrow the companies would do everything to ensure they still had books about them and would sooner fire much of their staff than not use those characters. Logan has a different status than the rest of the X-Men that ensures he will be used no matter what. I'm also not convinced that every one of his appearances is solely because the writer wanted to use him and not because of some mandate from above, especially in his appearances outside the X-Men line. Again, like Batman and Spider-Man, he is a character that is used to push the sales of certain books where he might not always belong. Like those characters, he's too big for editorial mandates to never factor in.
    Yes. It’s called popularity. There’s no mandate to use him, rather writers (who started out as fans in most cases) want to use him. Take Zeb Wells who’s writing Spider-man at the moment. Do you think he wanted to write a team-up with Wolverine or editorial mandated that he do so? I’m quite confident it’s the former.

Yeah he is appearing in books where most of it seems like it's fan service nowdays so it's kinda explains how much writers deemed to be fanboys themselves and tend to write those similar stories like Ms Marvel and Wolverine. But it's not necessarily a good thing for character development though tbh
    Completely agree. It has actually made me lose interest in Logan in the main because many writers write him so poorly. He’s often portrayed as one-note and simple. Boring even.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 08-08-2022 at 10:06 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

The only way I could potentially be interested in an all-things-Sinister post Judgement Day status quo is if they finally tear him away from the QC and Krakoa, and go full big bad with him and his Moira clones. No more of him sneaking around under their noses, let them finally unleash on his pale ass.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The only way I could potentially be interested in an all-things-Sinister post Judgement Day status quo is if they finally tear him away from the QC and Krakoa, and go full big bad with him and his Moira clones. No more of him sneaking around under their noses, let them finally unleash on his pale ass.
    Yeah that's where I'm at in regards to Sinister. The fact that he is even allowed to step foot on Krakoa at this point makes the mutants come off as stupid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    And you thought that meant editorial somehow decided to try and make Rachel's hair fiery a thing before Jean? Somehow different from all the other times that Rachel's hair was fiery when she was Phoenix (which was her thing anyways)?
    But that was decades ago. It doesn't fit anyone with current artists imo. Wasnt trying to compare it to Jean. I just don't like that kinda hair
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-08-2022 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Not even then. I've had enough of him for several eras. He needs to put down and laid to rest.

BANNED

Yes. It’s called popularity. There’s no mandate to use him, rather writers (who started out as fans in most cases) want to use him. Take Zeb Wells who’s writing Spider-man at the moment. Do you think he wanted to write a team-up with Wolverine or editorial mandated that he do so? I’m quite confident it’s the former.

Completely agree. It has actually made me lose interest in Logan in the main because many writers write him so poorly. He’s often portrayed as one-note and simple. Boring even.
    Percy has changed things around for Logan or rather the world around him changed when Logan found family in Krakoa but i don't think Percy has done much character development. Probably due to X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not even then. I've had enough of him for several eras. He needs to put down and laid to rest.
    Yeah… Sinister being revealed as an antagonist in X-Men at the same time that Gillen was essentially making him the main character of Immortal was too much at once. Alas now that he has all these redos it’s gonna be so hard to get rid of his pasty ass.