Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yeah that's where I'm at in regards to Sinister. The fact that he is even allowed to step foot on Krakoa at this point makes the mutants come off as stupid.
    But my mutant solidarity?

Glad this is happening. Should have happened a long time ago. Kill the Nazi.

Sinister bores me to death.

Call me crazy, but the fact JDW has been on record saying he "hates/despises" Colossus due to Peter hurting Kitty/Kate Pryde after the aftermath of Secret Wars (where Jim Shooter, and rightfully so, was not cool with the idea of a 19 year old was in a light relationship with a 14 year old). Colossus never persued Kitty, he was awkward when she made advances.

When he was teleported to the original Battleworld, he was the youngest member of both the heroes and the villians. This Colossus fella did his best against Gladiator, and a few years later almost died against Deathbird, and thakfully was revided.

JDW hates Peter, so keep than in mind when he gets fired. Perhaps we will see Colossus return where he should be.

The answer about the avengers doesn't make sense to me. No one in general just goes "well where are the avengers" but if it's a story that starts over there like wanda going crazy and going form disassembled to decimation or civil war. I don't think during the course of a normal xmen story anyone is expecting it but to start it there and then leave the x-books with the fall out we are not reading mutant stories we are reading mutants in a simulation. Like Extraodrinary x-men, you pick it up and theres a status quo affecting all of marvel but it happened in the other line, and they still doing their own thing sounds more unfair to x-fans than it does to avenger fans.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Or a story like Judgment Day.
    It's a good thing Gillen is scripting this. Maybe this time there'll be better cohesion and support from the Avengers side seeing as how Druig and the Eternals are initially the Avengers' problem.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Completely agree. It has actually made me lose interest in Logan in the main because many writers write him so poorly. He’s often portrayed as one-note and simple. Boring even.
    Yes, the fact he's a character that is very easily recognizable in way of.speech and attitude makes him easy to write but can lead to him being written as one note- same thing happens with The Thing and classic green and dumb Hulk, but they are less over exposed.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I love that they asked my question about Jean's codename, or lack thereof

Also, I thought Jordan's answers on the Academy X kids and the Avengers involvement in X-stories are extremely candid, well thought-out and making a lot of sense. People might disagree but honestly I prefer candor to the BS, non-committal non-answers he could have given.

I try to remember when you wish for these peeps behind the curtain on how marvel reasons, that’s it seldom lives up to your expectations.

They are humans like everyone. Some of these things they pull out of their asses. It might make sense for them but often that reasoning is tinted with their own emotions or predispositions cultivated in the marvel office. Not to say fans aren’t swayed by their emotions too but from them we expect this. With marvel we are still hoping they know what they are doing.

Honestly, most of the X-Office writers at the moment are of my generation, and the New X-Men: Academy kids are just not what we grew up with. I can see them having a resurgence in a few years when a new generation of writers comes up who do have that connection.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Same, he's about as interesting as wet paper.

Well, for me, Gillen's Sinister might be my favorite X-villain, at least among the unredeemed.

BANNED

Trouble sleeping. Bad dreams. Nothin' major, just my head messin' with me, as it often does.

H-E-D's the outlier, 'cause...

X-fans UNITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Agreed, I have never been a big sinister fan to begin with, modern storytelling and its slow burn style is not helping either, Sinister keeps getting away with stuff and sometimes it is borderline cartoony villain, Destiny seems to be the only one with enough working neurons left to understand he needs to be put down so all my hopes are on her to step up to his game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Not gonna lie, White's response about the Academy X characters and the promise of more Sinister pretty much gutted my interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah I heard a "womp womp" in my head when I read that. Maybe it'll be interesting if the timelines we saw in Destiny's Immortal issue are explored but I'm also kind fatigued from timeline stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Bruh imagine how I feel? Literally wanna take my question back, cause what nonsense is this?
    Pretty much sick of Sinister but not shocked he's gonna keep being a focus. As far as the rest of the interview I have to say that JDW has mastered the art of doing a whole lot of talking without actually saying anything of note.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    One of JDW's better XMM...except for both his Moira responses ("Did the No-place give her cancer?" was irrelevant AF and a Moira LS now would definitely sell because so much has changed and not for the good). And that very last one. I officially and absolutely hate Sinister now. Ugh!...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The only way I could potentially be interested in an all-things-Sinister post Judgement Day status quo is if they finally tear him away from the QC and Krakoa, and go full big bad with him and his Moira clones. No more of him sneaking around under their noses, let them finally unleash on his pale ass.
    Yeah that's where I'm at in regards to Sinister. The fact that he is even allowed to step foot on Krakoa at this point makes the mutants come off as stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not even then. I've had enough of him for several eras. He needs to put down and laid to rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah… Sinister being revealed as an antagonist in X-Men at the same time that Gillen was essentially making him the main character of Immortal was too much at once. Alas now that he has all these redos it’s gonna be so hard to get rid of his pasty ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    But my mutant solidarity?

Glad this is happening. Should have happened a long time ago. Kill the Nazi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Same, he's about as interesting as wet paper.
    I was starting to get *agitated* and AGGRAVATED with his nasty ass about halfway through Hellions TBH, not too long after he just murdered them ON KRAKOA, when they returned from Otherworld during XoS. I've had more than enough, it's past overkill, and I'm beyond burnout on his sick, twisted schtick.

ESPECIALLY CONSIDERIN'...

is *all I got to say*... for now.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 08-09-2022 at 01:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Could a Moira series still happen? Sure. But we no longer have a narrative need for it the way that we did at one point. So it would really be more about if there’s an amazing pitch. I’m not sure how many people are really calling for a Moira series at this point. I mean, again, I’m glad you’re excited about the concept. But again, the book that we were talking about back then couldn’t happen now. Al would be writing an entirely new book, which would be brilliant, because he’s Al and he’s great. So I’m not going to fault you for wanting another Al Ewing book. I do too. I just don’t know that having him go back and create a new idea for a Moira book is the best use of his abilities right now. We no longer have the need for it because we’ve just gone past the thing we were going to do. We’re just not there anymore.
    Might be wishful thinking on my part but the bit in bold (emphasis mine) made me think White is hinting at Ewing possibly writing another X-book? After all, his plate seems kind of light right now, with X-Men Red being his only ongoing book, Venom being co-written with Ram V and the rest of his Marvel output all being miniseries. We only find them when they're dead at Boom is also wrapping up soon. Ewing is definitely a fan favourite to take over Fantastic Four and/or Avengers later this year, and he would certainly do a marvelous job at either of those, but the thought of another Ewing mutant book on the level of X-Men Red would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Might be wishful thinking on my part but the bit in bold (emphasis mine) made me think White is hinting at Ewing possibly writing another X-book? After all, his plate seems kind of light right now, with X-Men Red being his only ongoing book, Venom being co-written with Ram V and the rest of his Marvel output all being miniseries. We only find them when they're dead at Boom is also wrapping up soon. Ewing is definitely a fan favourite to take over Fantastic Four and/or Avengers later this year, and he would certainly do a marvelous job at either of those, but the thought of another Ewing mutant book on the level of X-Men Red would be amazing.
    they announce a new ewing xbook no matter the cast they got my pledge to subscribe. I mean i could imagine him doing like a million different characters justice and krakoa only has 200,000. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    they announce a new ewing xbook no matter the cast they got my pledge to subscribe. I mean i could imagine him doing like a million different characters justice and krakoa only has 200,000. lol
    Ewing taking over X-Force and spinning his plans for Cable, Thunderbird and Manifold out into that title would be dope IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”