Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Lol... they aint losing the rights.

Even if she goes into public domain only the original version will be open but everything DC created past #1 cant be touched.
    With Wonder Woman lots of cool things were there early on, things we haven't seen since.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    You're conflating your gripes with DC's current WW output with what WB/DC are legally obligated to do and own.

They're not gonna let the rights to WW lapse because you don't like she didn't kick Superman's ass in some random comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Your displeasure with how DC may or may not handle the character is you personal issue, and has nothing to due with the legality of ip ownership.
    All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It should be besides the point but this thread is clearly routed in you not liking DC's current WW output.
    Oh, if it were only this thread. But alas...
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Starting a thread called “When WB loses Lola Bunny’s rights” because I’m mad they made her less hot

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Starting a thread called “When WB loses Lola Bunny’s rights” because I’m mad they made her less hot
    I mean, at least it would mix things up a bit around here...
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    She is technically an honorary Amazon as well so it fits?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I don't like how she is portrayed 90% of the time these days. But that is besides the point.
    In the comics or the movies...or both?

Astonishing Member

As long as DC renews Trademarks, they will own the names and logos. And ownership of title names.

The rest goes into the public domain. That still won't stop DC publishing their own Wonder Woman and her derivatives. They're safe with using Earth 1 to up Wonder Woman stuff for long time.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    As long as DC renews Trademarks, they will own the names and logos. And ownership of title names.

The rest goes into the public domain. That still won't stop DC publishing their own Wonder Woman and her derivatives. They're safe with using Earth 1 to up Wonder Woman stuff for long time.
    What does it mean when you write "The rest goes into the public domain"? What's the rest?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    What does it mean when you write "The rest goes into the public domain"? What's the rest?
    The early stuff from the golden age.

All the public domain thing means is that others can do their own comics with the character. It doesn't mean that DC can't use Diana or the rest of the Wonder family any more, they'd only lose exclusivity. And there's no way they'll give up the rights any other way. Besides, it'll affect Bruce and Clark first.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The GA stuff keeps getting edited, let us get over being offended by everything! In my world...HISTORY is constant, no erasing things, just keep it real...ok??
    Last edited by Bryan; 08-10-2022 at 05:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Others wouldn't be able to use "newer" things made later. You would have to wait later for 1950's stuff to expire. Also stories have to expire too.

DC renewing their Trademarks would prevent people using the Wonder Woman name on the cover.

Honestly expect 50's stuff to up to be further renewed extensions wise for both DC and Marvel copyrights.

The non Disney Winnie is in the public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    False. The law clearly puts a limit to how long you can own an IP.
    Riiiiiight. And then those laws change as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    All of this.

Oh, if it were only this thread. But alas...
    And this as well. So much this.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    The actual issues themselves, or at least All-Star Comics #8 in Wondy's case given that was her only appearance in the 1941. The other issues she appeared in wouldn't go into public domain until the next year and so and so forth.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-10-2022 at 06:42 PM.