Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

this just makes me wish Kelly Thompson would come back and write a X-Book...

but this was a fun thread/poll she did, not surprised by the results...however I am kind of more shocked by the matchups lol
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Don't be like that, take a chill pill. Mags beat the bird lady, Roberto the elemental empath/MEGAmorph, & Kurt his mom...in-name-only.

Oh, and see above, for how Ali & Nathan worked things over...I mean, out, after she...took a lickin' from him, if ya know what I mean.
    Ohhhohohoooo I know exactly what you mean

Eeeeewwwwwww

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Magneto trouncing Lilandra made me laugh. I love these cards so much. Thanks for posting!
    That was 1 of the funniest ones, by far. And I think this is just what it's meant to be, which is supplying some levity, where you can leave your grimdark... at the door. You're welcome!

And nothin' for nuthin, but here's what Kel had to say 'bout Auntie Ems vs. the 'Pool:
    This one is shocking to me. I love Emma Frost as much (or more than) the next guy, and she is INCREDIBLY POWERFUL, but this absolute hammering is not found in evidence. Wade literally can’t die — at least as much as Wolverine, and I’d argue he’s been dead and chopped up and every other possible thing MORE than Logan over the years, so I think saying he’s as indestructible as Wolverine is not unreasonable. I would agree that a telepath is probably the worst possible draw for Wade, but I think he is dramatically underestimated here. I like the idea of Emma winning, but I’m not sure this is the right result.
    Also, much like Lorna, I see Dazz as a bit of a... bronco buster. So if Cable plans on takin' her on, he's gonna have his hands full. My girls hold very little back, and can be pretty... demanding, but they're MORE... than worth it. Being with them is like being reborn, lol, it's on a whole nother level.

And BOOhoo, enough with the misogyny, they WIN 'cause...

just LOOK @ THEM, ALL TENS!!!!!!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    this just makes me wish Kelly Thompson would come back and write a X-Book...

but this was a fun thread/poll she did, not surprised by the results...however I am kind of more shocked by the matchups lol
    I know I liked this A LOT:

Yut, ditto, very... random.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Ohhhohohoooo I know exactly what you mean ;D

Eeeeewwwwwww
    Not the reaction I was eXpectin'... what's wrong with you?
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 08-09-2022 at 06:31 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

In a Gambit vs Kwannon fight it would be a very close match but I think Gambit would often take the win, he's resistant to TP and was raised around assassins.
    I am not aware of the voting, but i agree with your comment

Hehe these things are always so hard to decide.

I mean with bad/good days? Prep? and the usuall arguments.

Even more what version of the character are we talking about? I am not talking AU versions here but how characters differ greatly under different writers.

Tini's Gambit could not beat Kwannon. I doubt KT's would either. So her comment about that outcome feels reasonable. Gambit is suppose to have superspeed and agility. Not much compared to others but enough to put him beyond human peak. Kwannon should have a very hard challenge in touching him. Even if she is a master ninja. He is also resistant to TP and his powers gives him both range and melee capabilites. All in all this should be a though fight for Kwannon. Take away the super part of his agility and speed and of course Kwannon should be better or at least very close to him since that is an important part of ther character. These are things she should excell at. Add to that how almost forgotten his TP resistance is and she should have this fight rather secure.

So again different versions of the characters.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Love that Storm dominated her match, even if Cerise is awesome; most people haven't read that Alan Davis era of Excalibur.... at least not the kids on Twitter or whatever.

I love Sunspot more than Meggan, but outside of his highest feats from his Avengers days, I don't see him winning the majority against her. Then again, when does she actually operate at her true potential?
    True. Also remember these days the Shi'Ar characters are jobbers compared to Claremont era.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    I know I liked this A LOT:

Not the reaction I was eXpectin'... what's wrong with you?
    Ali already had enough .. candycanes…

BANNED

... I know exactly what you mean...
    NOPE, you don't...

Ali already had enough .. candycanes…
    my MAN, wrong POV.

Again...

BANNED

Another interesting matchup for me, was Cannonball vs. Banshee. I know Sam's "nigh invulnerable when blastin'...", lol, but still.

I think Cannonball is the right pick, but this is a more interesting match up than I expected and I think the results are right on actually.
    So IDK, not agreeing with Kelly, here. Seems like Sean's being underestimated, all the way around. I always think of his 1st...
    appearance, when I ponder what he's...

CAPABLE OF?

Similar to Archangel, he can be somewhat of a carper-bomber, and take out swaths of opponents from above. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯