Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

it would be sick if MJ were researching mutants and Moira because she's playing Moira Mactaggart in a biopic of her life working alongside mutants and thats why she's all up in Krakoa stuff suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    ASM is the worst place for her to be in right now. Also I don't know if her mutant ties will be explored in an X-title or the upcoming Mary Jane and Black Cat mini.
    It is bad for her to be in ASM 'cause of Wells yes, but I don't want this habit of MJ being kicked to other comics to start to begin with, bad enough it happened once, I don't want it happening again.

I'm also not sure where she could even be used well in X-Men comics, MJ only really gets good uses in ASM because Spidey sometimes tries to have a civilian life, X-Men don't even bother pretending they have one, best thing I can think for MJ is "human ally", and if I ignore what Krakoa era did to their other human ally, it'd look contrived for someone with no connections with mutants suddenly speaking up for 'em, it could work though, but it'd be so sudden lol.

At the very least, if she gets kicked into X-Men for a bit, I'd be wary of Duggan writing her, 'cause his MJ sounded rather pathetic when Moira attacked her, Gala itself didn't do much favors too, if all she did was try that SOS via morse code it could be good given the situation, but whenever she got to talk she only sounds scared.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    it would be sick if MJ were researching mutants and Moira because she's playing Moira Mactaggart in a biopic of her life working alongside mutants and thats why she's all up in Krakoa stuff suddenly.
    I think MJ wouldn't want to play Moira in anything soon after being kidnapped and made into a meat puppet lol.

It would also be weird to make a biopic about Moira when her existence is kind of a secret... Or maybe it isn't, I dunno, they're not consistent lol.

So far the connection MJ has with Krakoa is good enough though, with aunt Anna being sick and MJ using the Krakoan medicines and advertising 'em, biggest problem with it is how sudden it is (Since there were no hints of MJ even caring Krakoa, now suddenly aunt Anna is sick and needing their medicine), but we could still get alright stuff from this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Can feel annoying when it looks like other characters win at the cost of Spidey losing.

Though if all they're doing is having MJ still be connected with mutants via the Krakoan medicines, then it's fine, it'd make sense, but if it's some nonsense like her moving to X-Men side like it happened with Iron Man because some Brand New Day writer is butthurt at her for existing, then man...

Why the hell would any Sentinel have Spider-Slayer tech? Just have a regular Sentinel that Spidey decides to fight lol.

And Dazzler shouldn't know about Spidey being Peter or vice versa 'cause of OMD, the spell has been weakened but it's not gone.
    Fair point on the Spider-Sentinel. Could just keep it a regular Sentinel, since those were all too willing to fight Spider-Man (Peter Parker and Ben Reilly) back during Onslaught, and one of them even called Mary Jane's pregnancy "a genetic anomaly."

I feel like Dazzle and Mj know each other outside of SpiderMan. like they're both in the industry and they're both established in NYC and LA. MJ was an IT girl before Dazzler tho.
    Fair point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    The obvs answer is Honey Badger.
    As someone who enjoyed Tom Taylor's writing of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and was disappointed it didn't last long enough for a team-up with Laura Kinney/(All-New) Wolverine and Gabby "Honey Badger" Kinney . . . yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ali and MJ will totally be part of the same squad <3

Also to the folks saying MJ being shoehorned into X-Men comics is as inorganic as her stint on Iron Man need to remember that she came from a poverty-stricken, broken home so she can completely relate to the marginalized mutants gaining an upward socio-political trajectory during the Krakoa era. It's also for that reason why I see her drawn to mutant celebrities like Dazzler and Jumbo Carnation. Girl had Willi Smith design and gift her her wedding dress in the 80s so the girls and gays love her.
    Hmm, points.

Moira XI deciding to use Mary Jane as her meat puppet could certainly dampen MJ's enthusiasm for that role, as Lukmendes mentioned, but it would be an interesting idea. Hell, I once thought a good way to get MJ more involved with the Avengers would be for her to be researching Black Widow for an in-universe biopic of Black Widow's life story, so your idea with Moira MacTaggart (at least pre-HOXPOX/Inferno/XLXD) could have been something.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair point on the Spider-Sentinel. Could just keep it a regular Sentinel, since those were all too willing to fight Spider-Man (Peter Parker and Ben Reilly) back during Onslaught, and one of them even called Mary Jane's pregnancy "a genetic anomaly."
    Pretty sure Sentinels will fight back against anyone who attacks 'em too, mutant or not, and Spidey definitely would fight against anything that's gonna try to kill innocents.

Moira XI deciding to use Mary Jane as her meat puppet could certainly dampen MJ's enthusiasm for that role, as Lukmendes mentioned, but it would be an interesting idea. Hell, I once thought a good way to get MJ more involved with the Avengers would be for her to be researching Black Widow for an in-universe biopic of Black Widow's life story, so your idea with Moira MacTaggart (at least pre-HOXPOX/Inferno/XLXD) could have been something.
    Would Natasha even want a biopic about her? Seems that it'd talk a lot about traumas she might not want to remember.

You could also make a point that a spy wouldn't want others to know too much about her, but basically everyone knows about Natasha anyways, but then again, maybe her past isn't that known, Natasha herself only learned of her past as a ballerina being fake in the 2000's lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Pretty sure Sentinels will fight back against anyone who attacks 'em too, mutant or not, and Spidey definitely would fight against anything that's gonna try to kill innocents.

Would Natasha even want a biopic about her? Seems that it'd talk a lot about traumas she might not want to remember.

You could also make a point that a spy wouldn't want others to know too much about her, but basically everyone knows about Natasha anyways, but then again, maybe her past isn't that known, Natasha herself only learned of her past as a ballerina being fake in the 2000's lol.
    Good points there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.