Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Default Rereading Hickman's Run (missed connections)

So I've been rereading Hickman's run and I found a connection I completely missed.

Reading the Mutant history of Arroko as given by Genesis to Apocalypse she states how Arroko locked itself up from the outside world and didn't realize what the outside world (Amenth) was doing until it was too late. (There's a panel that mirrors the panel in Inferno where the Arrakii council votes [and we know how Hickman likes to do that])

What Amenth was doing was creating Chimeras to fight the mutants (this is what birthed the Summoners and other mages, very similar to Cardinal and Rasputin) and because of this Arroko fell and was conquered by Annihilation.

Now in Inferno Krakoa locks itself away so no one can get in, as stated on the final page.

Was this Hickman's future for Krakoa, where Krakoa becomes a former shell of itself and slowly devours itself i.e. Sinister, Mystique, and others (just like the White Sword and his 100 Soldiers who first defeated Arrakko, mutants killing mutants leading to overall defeat).

Orchis has created Nimrod, Sentinels, and most importantly Omega Sentinels which are a chimera of Sentinel and Mutant.

Krakoa is not going after external threats at all as seen in the first year of Krakoa where they constantly get invaded.

Arrako thought locking themselves away from Amenth would keep them safe, the same as Krakoa but Krakoan mutants ain't as strong as Arrakii ones.

Now I'm only referring to Hickman's works nothing else, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 08-10-2022 at 01:25 AM.

That’s very interesting and you’re on point about Hickman liking to foreshadow stuff with a mirror basically. I think that probably was something along the lines of his original plan tbh, as he likes to say he always puts the toys back in the box. I would however disagree with Krakoa not addressing external threats. X-force has dealt with this a few times, sometimes it’s reactionary other times it was preventative.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That’s very interesting and you’re on point about Hickman liking to foreshadow stuff with a mirror basically. I think that probably was something along the lines of his original plan tbh, as he likes to say he always puts the toys back in the box. I would however disagree with Krakoa not addressing external threats. X-force has dealt with this a few times, sometimes it’s reactionary other times it was preventative.
    True, but Xavier had to be convinced after being killed to take a harder line with humans.

Also rereading XoS without the hype coloring it - woof, the non Hickman written stuff is pretty bad and nonsensical (why did Cypher have to get married again?).

I still don't understand what the bull guy was doing to that tentacle monster thing in the very beginning.

The Red Dragon

Here is a detail some missed. In House of X 1, during the scene where Jean is seen with tears in her eyes after Xavier welcomes her home is not because she is happy to be on Krakoa. It’s tears of sadness because she knows how badly Hickman and crew is going to nerf and write her like she is an amateur.

Life as a megaphone aint easy.

Why did Xavier (with Cypher) actually fly to Krakoa before HoXPoX? What made Xavier do that? Was that Moira?
    And why didn’t Krakoa attack and suck them dry?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Xavier wanted someone to actually talk to Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Why did Xavier (with Cypher) actually fly to Krakoa before HoXPoX? What made Xavier do that? Was that Moira?
    And why didn’t Krakoa attack and suck them dry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Xavier wanted someone to actually talk to Krakoa.
    Yeah I think this is the answer.

I also believe that Moira wanted all the mutants in one place so she could "cure" them but she knew that no one would ever do that because of Genosha.

She offered them a "safer" alternative which was Krakoa, but she fucked it because either 1) she didn't know all of the baggage (Arrako and Doug & Krakoa working together) that came with or 2) she did know and didn't care.

EDIT: *wait she must have known because in her previous life she teamed with Apocalypse and his Horsemen*** [uhhh, so dumb]

So far there is little to no answer as to Moira's motivation other than a lot of reading in between the line.

***I am realizing when you read Hickman's X-run without months in between and read it through a lot things don't make sense***
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 08-10-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Moira only decided to work against mutants because Destiny returned and she freaked out. We know for a fact her big plans for mutants worked, which is why Karima came back from the future.

Moira only decided to work against mutants because Destiny returned and she freaked out. We know for a fact her big plans for mutants worked, which is why Karima came back from the future.
    ohhhh, you're totally right.

however, if Moira wasn't working on a mutant cure why did she fear Destiny?

it's not like Destiny said I am going to kill you always because in her other lives Destiny left her alone

Because she has been traumatized, and also because with Destiny around her information about the past is much less useful.

I have another idea. Moira wanted desperately a way to save mutants. The cure was left in her third life for obvious reasons. But she never really abandoned the idea, and she didn't wanted Destiny on Krakoa beacuse she could sense it. So the plan was to make all the possible for Krakoa working, both to convince the others to follow the idea both because it could work. It worked in the timeline where Omega Sentinel came from. BUT the coming back in time of Omega Sentinel changed tthings. Orchis was formed and skilled withe the knowledge of Karima, and in spite the calculation from all Moira's previous life that the point of no return would be Nimrod, Nimrod went online in this timeline. So for Moira was time of plan B: the cure. In fact we see her remembering her research after Mystique confirmed Nimrod was online. And the all fall and became crazy, as Moira herself.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    ohhhh, you're totally right.

however, if Moira wasn't working on a mutant cure why did she fear Destiny?

it's not like Destiny said I am going to kill you always because in her other lives Destiny left her alone
    Being turned into a human motolav cocktail tends to do that to a person.

Because she has been traumatized, and also because with Destiny around her information about the past is much less useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Being turned into a human motolav cocktail tends to do that to a person.
    Fair enough, but if I was her I would have annihilated her genetic material the minute I hear Sinister had it instead of relying on the two dunderheads to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros-PhoeniX View Post
    I have another idea. Moira wanted desperately a way to save mutants. The cure was left in her third life for obvious reasons. But she never really abandoned the idea, and she didn't wanted Destiny on Krakoa beacuse she could sense it. So the plan was to make all the possible for Krakoa working, both to convince the others to follow the idea both because it could work. It worked in the timeline where Omega Sentinel came from. BUT the coming back in time of Omega Sentinel changed tthings. Orchis was formed and skilled withe the knowledge of Karima, and in spite the calculation from all Moira's previous life that the point of no return would be Nimrod, Nimrod went online in this timeline. So for Moira was time of plan B: the cure. In fact we see her remembering her research after Mystique confirmed Nimrod was online. And the all fall and became crazy, as Moira herself.
    So with Nimrod returning is why she went for the cure plan?

This is a better resolution then most, rather then having all of the mutants dead by the hands of Nimrod just cure them so at least they're still alive.

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    So with Nimrod returning is why she went for the cure plan?

This is a better resolution then most, rather then having all of the mutants dead by the hands of Nimrod just cure them so at least they're still alive.

I like it!
    Except Nimrod and Karima want to kill everybody, mutants and human alike. Plus, as we saw in Decimation, it will just lead to mutants being slaughtered and being unable to fight back.