Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Skimming this, this is the first interesting sounding event to me since HOX POX. Haven’t read a thing since HOX3.

Am I kidding myself or is this a cool event to pick up? I like how the scale of the conflict. Reminds me of past big memorable sagas. Cable fighting right beside the 5 while they constantly churn out resurrections seems pretty high stakes and on the ropes, aka interesting.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Since he directly contrasted both methods of resurrection, specifically how Exodus only had the memories of his latest backup while Syne was restored with hers intact, I wonder if Gillen plans to address the lingering question whether mutant resurrection truly returns the same individual, or rather a copy, which might explain why the Celestials chose such a costly method.

And now I'm trying to imagine the poor afterlife that has to deal with dozens of Quentins.
    Seeing as the Celestials are cosmic beings; they are presumably aware of the betenatacled consequences of accidentally causing Death to die

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I don't think using Mr. Zealot and Destiny being ******* is the X-writers dunking on Avengers.

Especially when it was Jean who told the Avengers what was happening around the planet and Scott who gave them the go ahead.

I think the point is that Exodus and Destiny are assholes.

Which they are, it's almost a Job requirement for the Quiet Council
    It's also to show that opinions here are not monolithic within Krakoa about the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Skimming this, this is the first interesting sounding event to me since HOX POX. Haven’t read a thing since HOX3.

Am I kidding myself or is this a cool event to pick up? I like how the scale of the conflict. Reminds me of past big memorable sagas. Cable fighting right beside the 5 while they constantly churn out resurrections seems pretty high stakes and on the ropes, aka interesting.
    The event is not big on character work but the scale is expansive as it pertains to the entire MU. It raises a lot of interesting questions especially with how this issue ended. I'm sort of reminded of old school big events like Infinity War (1992) in how they had a lot of characters even if not a lot of character work. I loved them anyway.

If you dip your toe in, I highly recommend also checking out the X-Men Red #5 tie-in.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Seeing as the Celestials are cosmic beings; they are presumably aware of the betenatacled consequences of accidentally causing Death to die
    Yes, preserving some kind of cosmic balance would be another good reason Eternals are brought back this way. The promo for Immortal X-Men did have Death sitting at the table, and if I remember correctly, it was said that everything in that image was there for a reason.

Perhaps there will be some price to pay for mutant resurrection, which could lead to a moral dilemma. Apparently the cost doesn't have to be exactly equal, or I would have expected more people to die to bring back one of the Hex.

Who knows, maybe Krakoa will have to bring back the practice of animal sacrifices. Then next year we'll get Judgment Day 2: Wrath of Nature Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Were you a fan of Rosencanny?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

There seriously needs to be an official rule that Tony Stark is FORBIDDEN from trying to help out during crossovers with the X-men. He just keeps making God monsters that want to wipe out all life on the planet, and no one EVER calls him out on his ****.

Remember these guys? Whose fault was that again? And now we've got a crazy celestial. Bravo, Iron Man. Once again you've placed a suit of armor around the world.

Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 08-11-2022 at 10:03 AM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    There seriously needs to be an official rule that Tony Stark is FORBIDDEN from trying to help out during crossovers with the X-men. He just keeps making God monsters that want to wipe out all life on the planet, and no one EVER calls him out on his ****.

Remember these guys? Whose fault was that again? And now we've got a crazy celestial. Bravo, Iron Man. Once again you've placed a suit of armor around the world.

Those guys didn't want to wipe out all life on the planet though until they were attacked unprovoked like 100 times.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Those guys didn't want to wipe out all life on the planet though until they were attacked unprovoked like 100 times.
    What was the words Reed Richards said to Tony and Steve? Oh yes: "The only ones getting hurt here are you because you keep poking them with a stick"

In other words, Tony created the problem then he exasperated it, AND THEN HE TOOK NO RESPONSIBILITY.

It wasn't the first time, either. During Norman Osborn's seige of Asgard, the Sentry went out of control and sent Asgard crashing into a small Oklahoma town, killing hundreds of humans and Asgardians. He also personally ripped Ares into two wet chunks of meat.

Previously, The Sentry, a man with severe mental illness who possessed the power of a physical god, joined the Dark Avengers where he was constantly gaslit by Norman Osborn and manipulated to the point of losing his already tenuous grip on reality. He should NOT have been an active Avenger. Anyone who ever worked with him already knew he was nuts.

Before that, The Sentry made a serious effort to retire from the life. He realized he was troubled and needed a life free of violence, so he fled to the moon where the Inhuman royal family took him in. He rekindled a romance with Crystal and felt at peace for the first time in years. It could have all ended happily for him, but Iron Man came knocking.

Tony said he needed Sentry's help to win the Civil War he was waging against Captain America. Cap was winning, so Iron Man decided he needed his mentally unfit but hopelessly loyal friend to come out of retirement and help him. Tony didn't care about Bob's problems and ordered him to return.

So, this:

Led to this:

And after The Sentry was finally slain by Thor, Tony had the nerve to say:
    ironloon.jpg

No worries though, the Sentry wasn't really dead. Thor merely trapped him in the center of a star where he constantly regenerated and then melted over and over again, suffering unimaginable agony. Luckily for him he was eventually rescued by MUTANTS.

Yes, the mutants rescued him and healed his body, because mutants do the real work.

Tony Stark is a monster. Justice for Sentry.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 08-11-2022 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    In other words, Tony created the problem then he exasperated it, AND THEN HE TOOK NO RESPONSIBILITY.

It wasn't the first time, either. During Norman Osborn's seige of Asgard, the Sentry went out of control and sent Asgard crashing into a small Oklahoma town, killing hundreds of humans and Asgardians. He also personally ripped Ares into two wet chunks of meat.

Previously, The Sentry, a man with severe mental illness who possessed the power of a physical god, joined the Dark Avengers where he was constantly gaslit by Norman Osborn and manipulated to the point of losing his already tenuous grip on reality. He should NOT have been an active Avenger. Anyone who ever worked with him already knew he was nuts.

Before that, The Sentry made a serious effort to retire from the life. He realized he was troubled and needed a life free of violence, so he fled to the moon where the Inhuman royal family took him in. He rekindled a romance with Crystal and felt at peace for the first time in years. It could have all ended happily for him, but Iron Man came knocking.

Tony said he needed Sentry's help to win the Civil War he was waging against Captain America. Cap was winning, so Iron Man decided he needed his mentally unfit but hopelessly loyal friend to come out of retirement and help him. Tony didn't care about Bob's problems and ordered him to return.

So, this:

Led to this:

And after The Sentry was finally slain by Thor, Tony had the nerve to say:
    ironloon.jpg

No worries though, the Sentry wasn't really dead. Thor merely trapped him in the center of a star where he constantly regenerated and then melted over and over again, suffering unimaginable agony. Luckily for him he was eventually rescued by MUTANTS.

Yes, the mutants rescued him and healed his body, because mutants do the real work.

Tony Stark is a monster. Justice for Sentry.
    Yes Tony Stark stinks.

I've always been an advocate for doing away with him and you know what? I'm gonna say it....

Carol may have been an even BIGGER moron during CW2, but the one thing she did do right was try to end Stark.

And then people wonder why Charles goes around mind wiping these reckless megaminds.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    JDW literally called this out and said this ain’t really a fair take cause if the writers/editors don’t have Avengers appear in a X story it cause that’s what they wanted. Yeah you are right they don’t have a right to know Krakoan secrets. just wish Cap was presented more as empathetic instead of overly noisy. The Celestial literally proved that they are all in this together cause everyone on the planet is about to be judged collectively.
    Out of canon reasons don't matter in canon the Avengers just don't help mutants that much. Trust me I don't want Avengers in my X books either

If mutants wanted they could go to a different planet while the celestial destroys earth. They want cause it's their home as well but that is an option

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Yes, preserving some kind of cosmic balance would be another good reason Eternals are brought back this way. The promo for Immortal X-Men did have Death sitting at the table, and if I remember correctly, it was said that everything in that image was there for a reason.

Perhaps there will be some price to pay for mutant resurrection, which could lead to a moral dilemma. Apparently the cost doesn't have to be exactly equal, or I would have expected more people to die to bring back one of the Hex.
    Maybe the Celeatials made a deal with Death so the souls of deceased Eternals returned to their cloned bodies?

The Celestials wanted the Eternals to protect Earth during millions of years... if the Eternal resurrection method produced only copies without the original soul, and the Eternals realized it (they have plenty of time to study the issue), they could stop seeing it as a true resurrection method, so they could stop being so willing to die while doing their job, and they could stop caring for the Machine. They could leave the planet like Mentor and the Uranians did, freeing themselves from their chores...

you know what? I'm gonna say it....

Carol may have been an even BIGGER moron during CW2, but the one thing she did do right was try to end Stark.
    "It had to be done."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The Phoenix must be kept away from the X-Men at all costs. That silly dance between it and the mutants has been done to death.
    One way to bring fresh air is to trade iconic elements elements between different franchises.

Mutants who got the Phoenix are mostly omega level Mary and Gary anyway, they don't need the cosmic power up.
    Let the underated and underexposed character have it. She'll make a better use of the space chicken.
    And maybe some day, somebody like Ewing will write something about cosmic birds and native americans, featuring the Phoenix, the Psyhawk, Echo, Firebird and maybe the Proudstars with a cosmic Thunderbird.
    This arguement is moot. X-Men are already on crosshairs with the Avengers and Phoenix in this event. The Phoenix doesn't make you Mary or Gary. It's depends upon the host and the understanding life death and resurrection. Plus it doesnt make sense for some one non omega to be the host of phoenix. And Echo doesn't even have superpowers