Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    had this book yesterday am to read but finally just did.. it was awful..

boring and some of the characterization narrative focus is falling flat in Kieron Gillen work rite now.

i just want this event to be over to be honest.
    Agreed. This events are hyped like hell as a blockbuster but underneath it's just generic event that has happened 100 times
    Havent we seen this same drama already?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    In other words, Tony created the problem then he exasperated it, AND THEN HE TOOK NO RESPONSIBILITY.

It wasn't the first time, either. During Norman Osborn's seige of Asgard, the Sentry went out of control and sent Asgard crashing into a small Oklahoma town, killing hundreds of humans and Asgardians. He also personally ripped Ares into two wet chunks of meat.

Previously, The Sentry, a man with severe mental illness who possessed the power of a physical god, joined the Dark Avengers where he was constantly gaslit by Norman Osborn and manipulated to the point of losing his already tenuous grip on reality. He should NOT have been an active Avenger. Anyone who ever worked with him already knew he was nuts.

Before that, The Sentry made a serious effort to retire from the life. He realized he was troubled and needed a life free of violence, so he fled to the moon where the Inhuman royal family took him in. He rekindled a romance with Crystal and felt at peace for the first time in years. It could have all ended happily for him, but Iron Man came knocking.

Tony said he needed Sentry's help to win the Civil War he was waging against Captain America. Cap was winning, so Iron Man decided he needed his mentally unfit but hopelessly loyal friend to come out of retirement and help him. Tony didn't care about Bob's problems and ordered him to return.

So, this:

Led to this:

And after The Sentry was finally slain by Thor, Tony had the nerve to say:
    Attachment 123805

No worries though, the Sentry wasn't really dead. Thor merely trapped him in the center of a star where he constantly regenerated and then melted over and over again, suffering unimaginable agony. Luckily for him he was eventually rescued by MUTANTS.

Yes, the mutants rescued him and healed his body, because mutants do the real work.

Tony Stark is a monster. Justice for Sentry.

Wait what happened?

Regarding the Avengers, I think we need to cut them some slack. It doesn't matter the in-canon or out-of-canon reasons, you need to keep in mind that they're only human. It's not their fault that they're inferior to mutants. You can't expect much from them, and that's okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Did no one seriously realise it was going to be Tony’s fault things go wrong once Al ‘It’s my job to drag any non-mutant character who stops being so d-list their own creators forgot them but especially MCU characters but especially Tony Stark” Ewing pulled Forge being an Omega level technopath out of nowhere in the build up?

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Regarding the Avengers, I think we need to cut them some slack. It doesn't matter the in-canon or out-of-canon reasons, you need to keep in mind that they're only human. It's not their fault that they're inferior to mutants. You can't expect much from them, and that's okay.
    Yeah I don't mind them as long as they don't start getting all bossy and sanctimonious.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm surprised that two characters who love themselves more than anything (Tony and Essex) and one who is a space god zealot (Ajak) actually reanimated a Celestial which didn't immediately wipe out all life on Earth.

And how many times have the Celestials judged Earth since the 70s? A dozen? Like Jean Grey deaths, it's tired now. It seems like they're constantly on Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Every unity squad book was a disaster. "M wurd, muh name is Alecc".
    Duggan and Zub's 3rd volume was enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    This went exactly as Gillen said it would, and he was not kidding in saying it would become a lot more philosophical while maintaining the scale and scope. This is NOT a problem you can punch or blast away, either.

As Huntsman said, the newly created Celestial isn't wrong. It's NOT a human being, but it has elements of its creators and elements of Arishem (The Judge), the Dreaming Celestial, and the Celestials in general. Whether the real world of MU, the folks on Earth suck when taken objectively.

What's going to be interesting is the reaction of the other Celestials to this creation and its actions. Will they go along with its judgement as a new Host visiting the Earth, or will they take issue with it deciding for itself over the groups desires?

Edit: Forgot to mention: It sounds like Syne knows the cost of her resurrection.
    Thanks for the shout-out.

There seriously needs to be an official rule that Tony Stark is FORBIDDEN from trying to help out during crossovers with the X-men. He just keeps making God monsters that want to wipe out all life on the planet, and no one EVER calls him out on his ****.

Remember these guys? Whose fault was that again? And now we've got a crazy celestial. Bravo, Iron Man. Once again you've placed a suit of armor around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Those guys didn't want to wipe out all life on the planet though until they were attacked unprovoked like 100 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    What was the words Reed Richards said to Tony and Steve? Oh yes: "The only ones getting hurt here are you because you keep poking them with a stick"
    Aside from rehashing AvX, I should mention that the last time Tony interacted with a Celestial, he used an Extremis-reprogrammed symbiote to hijack it so he could play --- in his own words --- "rock 'em-sock 'em robots" with the Celestials under the symbiote god Knull's control back during King in Black. That was surprisingly effective, but last I checked, that same "Extrembiote" got hijacked by Carnage at the end of Extreme Carnage, making Carnage even deadlier than before. Wow . . . looking back on that now, maybe you guys are somewhat right here; even Tony said it himself in Iron Man 3 --- "We create our own demons."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Out of canon reasons don't matter in canon the Avengers just don't help mutants that much. Trust me I don't want Avengers in my X books either

If mutants wanted they could go to a different planet while the celestial destroys earth. They want cause it's their home as well but that is an option
    So it’s okay for the fans to judge the Avengers for reasons solely on-universe when they know it’s an out of universe perspective?

This is why I feel increasingly like trying to be fans of both is made difficult by the fandom itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    So it’s okay for the fans to judge the Avengers for reasons solely on-universe when they know it’s an out of universe perspective?

This is why I feel increasingly like trying to be fans of both is made difficult by the fandom itself.
    If you like the Avengers do you. Me I don't care about any of them. Nor do I like when they show up trying to pull rank over mutants during a mutant situation.

I am not one of these fans who feels that mutants or X-men need to be integrated into all these other non X books

However as the story has been presented the Avenger are rather lax when it comes to mutants cause they have other priorities which is why it is logical in story for mutant hardliners to not mess with the Avengers and feel they are unreliable. That is fair in the context of the story and as a follower of the story I back that sentiment

If you want to argue that should change or Avengers should show more allyship towards mutants in and outside of Xbooks that's on you.

Me don't need'em

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Wait what happened?
    Okay, so the Sentry is an absurdly powerful supernatural force that may or may not be the literal angel of death. It's one of those ambiguous back stories that overpowered characters like the Ghost Rider and the Green door of gamma in the Hulk have to justify why nothing can stop them when they lose it and go on a rampage.

Anyway, the Sentry is so powerful that it distorts his ability to perceive what's real and what isn't. Which is really bad because his human host, Bob, was a drug addict who self-medicated to deal with issues caused by his schizophrenia. In other words, holy ****, this guy should not engage in the incredibly stressful and violent lifestyle of being an Avenger. He just shouldn't. Imagine if Professor X instead of trying to get treatment for David, forced him to suit up and join an X-squad before he had control of all his different personalities.

So, predictably, Bob began to lose it. He tried to retire. He even went so far as to leave the planet so everyone would be safe from him, but Tony refused to let him. He was having his Civil War with Steve, and he had to win, because Tony always has to win. Bob begged to be left alone, Tony refused. Bob went with him, because despite all his power, Bob, like most mentally ill people, has a very meek personality and is easily pushed around by dominant types like Tony.

Fast-forward to the aftermath of the Skrull invasion: Norman Osborn is now in charge of the Avengers and shield, and now he has access to Bob too, thanks to Tony. Luckily, Norman is a kind and understanding leader who uses Bob sparingly, and helps him to cope with his many, many serious issues. lol, just kidding, Norman gaslights, manipulates, and controls every aspect of Bob that he can and even goes so far as to have Bob's wife murdered by Bullseye so that no one can come between him and his ultimate weapon.

Predictable events occur, Bob nearly kills everyone on the planet, the Avengers execute him, Tony shrugs and basically says "Whaaaat can ya do?" [Cue laugh track.]

Tony has never been called on this bullshit, it was pretty much the worse thing he ever did, up until he accidentally created the Phoenix Five and then tried to kill them, which was pretty much the worst thing he ever did up until he accidentally created a new Celestial that thinks like he does and wants to pass judgement on the entire planet.

The Entire Cast: Tooooooooony!

Tony: Yo, whud I do? [shrugs sheepishly.]

Announcer: Ha ha ha! That's our Tony!

[Cue soundtrack. Cue canned applause.]
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 08-11-2022 at 04:48 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I think that Tony feels he is a good guy, a nice guy, he does what is best, etc.

He is not. He makes a lot of mistakes.

And even the wrong thing done for the right reason is still the wrong thing to do.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Okay, so the Sentry is an absurdly powerful supernatural force that may or may not be the literal angel of death. It's one of those ambiguous back stories that overpowered characters like the Ghost Rider and the Green door of gamma in the Hulk have to justify why nothing can stop them when they lose it and go on a rampage.

Anyway, the Sentry is so powerful that it distorts his ability to perceive what's real and what isn't. Which is really bad because his human host, Bob, was a drug addict who self-medicated to deal with issues caused by his schizophrenia. In other words, holy ****, this guy should not engage in the incredibly stressful and violent lifestyle of being an Avenger. He just shouldn't. Imagine if Professor X instead of trying to get treatment for David, forced him to suit up and join an X-squad before he had control of all his different personalities.

So, predictably, Bob began to lose it. He tried to retire. He even went so far as to leave the planet so everyone would be safe from him, but Tony refused to let him. He was having his Civil War with Steve, and he had to win, because Tony always has to win. Bob begged to be left alone, Tony refused. Bob went with him, because despite all his power, Bob, like most mentally ill people, has a very meek personality and is easily pushed around by dominant types like Tony.

Fast-forward to the aftermath of the Skrull invasion: Norman Osborn is now in charge of the Avengers and shield, and now he has access to Bob too, thanks to Tony. Luckily, Norman is a kind and understanding leader who uses Bob sparingly, and helps him to cope with his many, many serious issues. lol, just kidding, Norman gaslights, manipulates, and controls every aspect of Bob that he can and even goes so far as to have Bob's wife murdered by Bullseye so that no one can come between him and his ultimate weapon.

Predictable events occur, Bob nearly kills everyone on the planet, the Avengers execute him, Tony shrugs and basically says "Whaaaat can ya do?" [Cue laugh track.]

Tony has never been called on this bullshit, it was pretty much the worse thing he ever did, up until he accidentally created the Phoenix Five and then tried to kill them, which was pretty much the worst thing he ever did up until he accidentally created a new Celestial that thinks like he does and wants to pass judgement on the entire planet.

The Entire Cast: Tooooooooony!

Tony: Yo, whud I do? [shrugs sheepishly.]

Announcer: Ha ha ha! That's our Tony!

[Cue soundtrack. Cue canned applause.]
    From what I recall, going by his overall comics history, Tony has been called out on his B.S. plenty of times, but it never really sticks, or there's always a copout somewhere down the line, because Marvel has too much invested in marketing him as a more heroic figure despite how increasingly disingenuous that might seem these days.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I don't think using Mr. Zealot and Destiny being ******* is the X-writers dunking on Avengers.

Especially when it was Jean who told the Avengers what was happening around the planet and Scott who gave them the go ahead.

I think the point is that Exodus and Destiny are assholes.

Which they are, it's almost a Job requirement for the Quiet Council
    Well, i would like to say that Kitty, Storm, Colossus and Kurt would be exceptions to that but given that they have gone along with the bone headed moves such as the Pit, keeping Moira a secret and so own i just can't find fault in that comment. Honestly i am afraid what decision they may make in regards to the Celestial putting the entire planet on trial. I mean someone mentioned trying to kill it or abandon the planet, and i can't help but wonder if that should happen, what would be the reaction of such a decision from say Jean and Cyclops who so far are trying to save everyone (i mean everyone since they told the Avengers to save the bystanders from Tsunamis) from such a decision, especially Summers who so far is more discontent with the QC then say Jean with what Frost told him in the Gala.

So there’s a secret history with Howard stark and mr sinister

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Your avatar just took me out.
    Glad you got a kick out of it.

So why cant Magik just open up a portal to Arrako again? What’s stopping the xmen from sending help to arrako? Or vice versa