Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

This issue was needed even though it didn't really reach any big highs.
    I would've been good to see Forge helping with the Celestial.
    I feel Uranus will be Druigs undoing and he will lose his title as the Prime Eternal.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    For the sake of innocent human lives, the Avengers should try to destroy the resurrection mechanism of the Eternals
    Problem there is that they don’t know about that part of the Eternals resurrection mechanism.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

A lot of people don't seem to realize (despite it being specifically stated in this issue)

NOBODY KNOWS HOW THE ETERNALS RESURRECT

Thats the reason people there's a double standard for the Eternals and Mutants on resurrection, nobody knows humans die when Eternals die.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I doubt the QC will accept judgement. They will try to kill the Celestial... and fail. And that will trigger the Eternals' programming, reigniting the war...
    Well, if the Celestial is here for earth, there's every possibility the mutants decide to bail, move all the mutants to Mars, and leave the Earth to be destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Problem there is that they don’t know about that part of the Eternals resurrection mechanism.
    The Frankencelestial knows. My judge is back and you're gonna be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Doesn't Valkyrie have a connection with the dead, maybe she may find this information out ?.
    Any Valkyrie Jane Foster fans able to confirm her powers ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

I saw someone on twitter theorize that when the Eternal resurrection secret gets out, maybe Jada, the character who lost her daughter, will somehow learn that her daughter's death was literally caused by an Eternal resurrecting......and now I can't help but think that absolutely is where Gillen's building to, with Jada's storyline at least.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Doesn't Valkyrie have a connection with the dead, maybe she may find this information out ?.
    Any Valkyrie Jane Foster fans able to confirm her powers ?.
    Jane’s powers wouldn’t register the Eternals resurrection process as a problem the way Death did with Krakoan resurrection as there is an exchange. A life is being paid for a life, just not the Eternals.

Considering the entire first arc of the Eternals last series was how disabling the resurrection machines are not a viable long term solution; also because Forge fixing it will just be obnoxious considering why Ewing made him an omega so I don’t want that outcome

It does occur, since the implication is that the Hex have been asleep since Uranos his his armouries 600,000 years ago; that they don’t have the necessary years to have personalities beyond their core programmes personalities and may be far more aware of the human sparks that are fed into them than other Eternals who wouldn’t notice a few decades extra awareness

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I saw someone on twitter theorize that when the Eternal resurrection secret gets out, maybe Jada, the character who lost her daughter, will somehow learn that her daughter's death was literally caused by an Eternal resurrecting......and now I can't help but think that absolutely is where Gillen's building to, with Jada's storyline at least.
    That's very interesting and would provoke quite the drama for Jada.

Chilling scene. You figure out how to kill a skyscraper-sized foe, which took the sacrifice of an Omega, and it reappears.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

The current X-book writers are creating strawman arguments about the Avengers not helping mutants historically, just so they can complain about it.

It is frankly ridiculous as EVERY COMIC LINE can make the same complaint. Iron Man can complain that Captain America didn't care when he was losing his company to Obadiah Stane. The Avengers can complain that the X-men didn't help them when during Avengers Disassembled. Spider-man can complain that the mutants never intervene when the Sinister Six is threatening the world.

The reason Avengers don't intervene in X-book stories is because the writers don't want them to in any meaningful way. You think X-fans would have enjoyed if Days of Future's Past was resolved by the Avengers preventing the assassination?

It is standard storytelling, to have your main protagonists be the stars, and for the cameo guest appearances to have contrived ways to allow the protagonists to continue to be the stars. Again, it is ridiculous that the current crop of X-book writers are bashing the cameo appearances when they are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    The current X-book writers are creating strawman arguments about the Avengers not helping mutants historically, just so they can complain about it.

It is frankly ridiculous as EVERY COMIC LINE can make the same complaint. Iron Man can complain that Captain America didn't care when he was losing his company to Obadiah Stane. The Avengers can complain that the X-men didn't help them when during Avengers Disassembled. Spider-man can complain that the mutants never intervene when the Sinister Six is threatening the world.

The reason Avengers don't intervene in X-book stories is because the writers don't want them to in any meaningful way. You think X-fans would have enjoyed if Days of Future's Past was resolved by the Avengers preventing the assassination?

It is standard storytelling, to have your main protagonists be the stars, and for the cameo guest appearances to have contrived ways to allow the protagonists to continue to be the stars. Again, it is ridiculous that the current crop of X-book writers are bashing the cameo appearances when they are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing.

I don't think using Mr. Zealot and Destiny being ******* is the X-writers dunking on Avengers.

Especially when it was Jean who told the Avengers what was happening around the planet and Scott who gave them the go ahead.

I think the point is that Exodus and Destiny are assholes.

Which they are, it's almost a Job requirement for the Quiet Council

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I agree with you Starfish about the Hex.

Ijust reshare this from the Jean thread:

Jean's big moment will probably be that she is telepathically freeing the Hex from the evil Eternals' influence. They will turn on "Darkside Light" and safe the day. Jean's empathy will safe the day. "Let's not fight, but make love tonight!" would be very classical Jean Grey. She tends to have empathy for villains. Thus, Jean's and Exodus's different takes on the situation are juxtaposed here by Gillen for a reason.

Issue 2 implied already that the Hex have feelings and personalities. Maybe they are only controlled and want to be huge lovely Pokemon again.

God please no. I dont want to see more carebear Jean. We’ve had plenty of that. We need to see her temper and volatility again if only to remind us she’s no some perfect, lovey dovey stepford. The thing about Jean is for all her compassion, she has the opposite im going to f you sh** up attitude that needs to be shown. It’s a balance or else we’re left with a one note character which is what we have been getting since her return.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I don't think using Mr. Zealot and Destiny being ******* is the X-writers dunking on Avengers.

Especially when it was Jean who told the Avengers what was happening around the planet and Scott who gave them the go ahead.

I think the point is that Exodus and Destiny are assholes.

Which they are, it's almost a Job requirement for the Quiet Council
    exactly! and the author also made sure that X-Men characters like Jean within the storyline are pointing out their "assholary".

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    God please no. I dont want to see more carebear Jean. We’ve had plenty of that. We need to see her temper and volatility again if only to remind us she’s no some perfect, lovey dovey stepford. The thing about Jean is for all her compassion, she has the opposite im going to f you sh** up attitude that needs to be shown. It’s a balance or else we’re left with a one note character which is what we have been getting since her return.
    Your avatar just took me out.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Since he directly contrasted both methods of resurrection, specifically how Exodus only had the memories of his latest backup while Syne was restored with hers intact, I wonder if Gillen plans to address the lingering question whether mutant resurrection truly returns the same individual, or rather a copy, which might explain why the Celestials chose such a costly method.

And now I'm trying to imagine the poor afterlife that has to deal with dozens of Quentins.