Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

if you need to fullfill you Roguers needs. try Spiderman 2099 exodus or House of XCII

Meh. This issue fell kind of flat for me. Tony Stark is annoying AF, and there was just waaay too much of him in this for my taste. But I got this panel, so it was worth the money I spent on the book for that reason alone…

7D74799A-AD01-44EE-A4E8-50F87E168B5D.jpg

“No time for peaceful mutants in wartime...”

I dig it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Thanks for posting! The delays of KoX issues are responsible, I believe, as the series should have concluded by now. But I was thrilled to see Askani even if for a moment which hopefully means all or most of the Knights are back (Betsy might have stayed in Otherworld).

While I appreciate Bishop taking the largest Hex head-on, having him speak no words (same for Kwannon) especially after Jean said the war captains are in charge was a major disappointment. The stakes didn't feel too grand until Syne came back and was about to drown the island. Poor Arjun.

But I do find the new Celestial god and whole the judgment stuff very interesting. He dragged earthings for filth and I'm kinda here for it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Cable, Bishop and Kwannon need to comprise the core of a revamped X-Force written by Al Ewing. With Sage and Domino too.

So we had a break from the conflict already in issue number 2.

If those ordinary people represent how people react to situations in real life then they represent facets of humanity and that will have some effect on the judgment.

Frankly I hope the mutants or Arrako get at least a little revenge for the surprise attack before we come to a conclusion.

At this point, the illogical hatred of mutants doesn't surprise me anymore and frankly I don't know why they want to stay on Earth anymore when they manage to terraform and colonize other planets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    ... even by helping the mutants, you still screw them over.
    Nice recap; it actually is more understandable than what is on the page. Thank you.

I had some challenges following things, mostly due to the artwork. The Hex character designs made fight scenes look like abstract splash pages with characters blasting at random arcs. I couldn't tell that Exodus had inflicted any damage.

Story-wise, seems weird that there are a bunch of Hex character designs but I only recall moments w/the Centaur and the Memotaur. What was the point - ? How many of these events will feature Kaiju?

RE: Sinister (drawn to look like Jared Leto for some reason
    Yeah - I was put off by that weird change of look. Seems intentional and detracted from the character.

RE: Captain America: But even now, you're still keeping secrets?
    What secret is he referring to? The existence of vaults?

RE: people will see them as they really are. (Note: this dialogue sounds vaguely like ironic foreshadowing for a future development.)
    Yeah, hope all this doesn't turn into a Heroes Reborn / Return situation!

RE: with Namor's help, they immobilized the Memotaur at the bottom of the sea
    The art again - I couldn't tell the difference between a fighting-in-the-sky scene and an underwater battle. It was all so abstract and the colors didn't offer a guide.

RE: he hears her final thoughts, "Please don't."
    Weird for the Hex character; considering they are destroying the earth and killing people.

RE: They have 24 hours to justify themselves, and will be judged both individually and as a collective.
    No surprises.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cable, Bishop and Kwannon need to comprise the core of a revamped X-Force written by Al Ewing. With Sage and Domino too.
    That would be so much better than the current X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    So we had a break from the conflict already in issue number 2.

If those ordinary people represent how people react to situations in real life then they represent facets of humanity and that will have some effect on the judgment.

Frankly I hope the mutants or Arrako get at least a little revenge for the surprise attack before we come to a conclusion.

At this point, the illogical hatred of mutants doesn't surprise me anymore and frankly I don't know why they want to stay on Earth anymore when they manage to terraform and colonize other planets.
    Hopefully now that things are calming down as we move into Act 2, Storm turns herself into a weather rocket and zooms up to Arakko to fight Uranos' armories. There's still a lot of fight to be had up there.

I'm now thinking Act 3 is when the new god decides earth is irredeemable and the heroes try to prevent the planet's destruction.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post

He's referring to exactly how the mutant resurrections work. Scott was being coy in saying the Eternals were targeting their resurrection method while pointedly avoiding saying what that method is and Cap was calling him out on that.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    That would be so much better than the current X-Force.
    Agreed. The current X-Force is being wasted right now.

Astonishing Member

In fairness; Sinister being an untrustworthy ******* is actually the least of the weaknesses the protocols have, and while the Avengers have earned the mistrust, playing coy about what working parts of the resurrection processes need the most protection is a bit counterproductive

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I LOVE the Art. But, the Issue felt a bit Anti-Climatic for me.

The Battle was enjoyable to watch but everything happened so fast.

I don't understand exactly why these 6 Humans SPECIFICALLY are so Important only to have 1 of them die. What was the point? Also, Why couldn't we just mix them up: 1 Human 1 Mutant 1 Eternal etc.

I sure Hope Jean Grey isn't going to be a Walkie-Talkie duty all day because where are your TP Shields Girl? she probably forgot. I will say I thought the Inner Thoughts of the Celestial was pretty Cool. Good to see Exodus having a Warriors Death.

All in all everything was just moving too fast. And the Dialogue? Not Good at all.

I guess we can Blame: Tony, Sinister, Ajak for creating a Celestial that's going to destroy the Planet. Way to go Team that's using the Ol Noggin.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 08-10-2022 at 07:24 AM.

Those 6 important humans likely represent the lives expected to be traded to restore Eternals that fall in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Nice recap; it actually is more understandable than what is on the page. Thank you.

I had some challenges following things, mostly due to the artwork. The Hex character designs made fight scenes look like abstract splash pages with characters blasting at random arcs. I couldn't tell that Exodus had inflicted any damage.

Story-wise, seems weird that there are a bunch of Hex character designs but I only recall moments w/the Centaur and the Memotaur. What was the point - ? How many of these events will feature Kaiju?

RE: Sinister (drawn to look like Jared Leto for some reason
    Yeah - I was put off by that weird change of look. Seems intentional and detracted from the character.

RE: people will see them as they really are. (Note: this dialogue sounds vaguely like ironic foreshadowing for a future development.)
    Yeah, hope all this doesn't turn into a Heroes Reborn / Return situation!

RE: with Namor's help, they immobilized the Memotaur at the bottom of the sea
    The art again - I couldn't tell the difference between a fighting-in-the-sky scene and an underwater battle. It was all so abstract and the colors didn't offer a guide.

RE: he hears her final thoughts, "Please don't."
    Weird for the Hex character; considering they are destroying the earth and killing people.

RE: They have 24 hours to justify themselves, and will be judged both individually and as a collective.
    No surprises.
    Yeah, most of the Hex were just background. Phebe Regina George was healing Syne, Thieaka the bird one was turning intangible and the other two were just getting shot at. I think Gillen said they'll be shown more in Death to the Mutants.

Sidenote: I'm fascinated with Phastos. I love his look. And who is that other blonde flying around with Carol?

Now that others have mention it X-Force should be a War Captains book with appearances from war college participants.

But since Cyclops and Magik are on X-Men. Would be awesome if Kwannon and Bishop lead that team with Domino and Sage and appearances from Cable.

But to the issue itself they really did end that conflict real quick so it could now be about everyone vs the celestial.

Curious how that next 4 issues will turn out.

Beautiful art though.