Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about the humans, and I ended up making an official power ranking based on how much I like them.

1. Tom
    2. Kenta
    3. Daniela
    4-5. Arjun and Jada tie
    6. Katrina

I like all of them except Katrina so far. Kenta's my favorite in terms of personality. He had two panels and stole the show both times.
    You like the ginger with no soul that wants mutants dead?!?!?!

My Hellion amigo. How dareth you.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So the Celestial resurrection worked. This issue focused a lot on the monster fight. Eh.

For the Marauders appearance, they can always say this takes place before they go into space unless that book is getting an AXE tie-in.

How are the stakes downplayed? The kaijuu were only stopped by Iron Man, Sinister and the Eternal resurrecting the Celestial who then decided he might kill everyone on Earth like they're supposed to in 24 hours.
    We went from war to fun time, to bickering to encouragement. The dialog wasn't great. There is no sense of dread here. It just sends so basic. The smart guys create a god Frankenstein they can't control, that they couldn't have forseen turning in them while the regular folks ignore the stakes of everything. I get how civilians can be jaded but this took me out. No one cares about the mutants; all they cared about was themselves. They didn't even care about themselves that much. This story is a human story, a story about earth. It's just not being executed well. Why does Frankencelestial want to deadly the earth over human cruelty? Why would it care?
    Last edited by OG Storm; 08-10-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Scott gave them the AOK to go save the rest of world...It would have been nice if Jean had relayed to the others what was happening and why the Avengers left, since she was in constant contact with Scott and everyone else. Hmm.
    I expected better from Destiny though to be fair she only sees the moment not the context.
    Exodus is an ass.

This was all over the place...and not particularly in a good way. I think Gillen might have overextended himself with all the moving parts of this event.
    I'm fairly certain they are aware why the Avengers left. That's why Nightcrawler was defending their choice. But why would Exodus or Destiny prioritize the humans who were at risk when there are six giant sized Eternals trying to kill all the innocent mutants on the island? From their perspective they see the Avengers priority as such: human innocents > mutant innocents.

Extraordinary Member

It seemed to me that Exodus just doesn't understand the nuances of preventing millions of humans from dying as collateral damage since he doesn't value human lives. He knew why the Avengers left but doesn't care since only mutants really matter to him.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 08-10-2022 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its one of those coloring oddities of the earliest comics.
    Forget, and Warpath and Dani were also oddly reddish purple back when because color pallet/printing was much more limited.
    Exodus was never corrected and it just stuck. And now its part of how folks identify him. Especially when he's not wearing his Gothic Cathedral on his back (those sick wing things)

Edit: Given the characters this occurred with, it begs a question about the intended ethnicity of Exodus. Maybe he was supposed to be Persian? Or is?
    For that I'm just throwing out ideas I guess. My knowledge of the Crusades etc is pretttttty limited.
    Exodus is red because he's a mutant. Moonstar, Warpath and Forge were all red because of outdated racial stereotypes. During the Colonial Era British and Central European "scientists" decided that only they were white-skinned, and assigned other colors to other races that weren't dark enough to be called "Black"... hence, Mediterraneans were bronze-skinned, Middle Easterns were brown, East Asians like Koreans, Japanese and Chinese had assigned yellow skin, and Native Americans were assigned red skin...

That stereotype proved very resilient, and because of that, until very recently, Japanese people were portrayed as having bright yellow lemon-like skin, despite they having white skin in reality, and Native Americans were portrayed as having bright red tomato skin instead of being portrayed as having tan or bronze skin (bronze skin was already assigned to Mediterranean people, so Native Americans got stuck with red...).
    Last edited by Habis; 08-10-2022 at 10:36 AM.

We start with an intro to those six important people, reacting to Druid's declaration of war. Tom approves of the Eternals, but doesn't care all that much. Katrina wishes her tweets could help the mutants. Arjun is so used to crazy things happening in the Marvel universe that he knows heroes will save the day, so he's not fussed. Daniela doesn't particularly care one way or the other. Jada is still upset at the mutants, but doesn't approve of their genocide. Kenta also doesn't care, and is more interested in being insensitive and trolly online.

"Remember: Everyone is important."

On Krakoa, people are fighting off the Memotaur and the blue Hex. The Avengers show up to help them, and their help is accepted by everyone but Exodus. Exodus tries to challenge the Hexes to a duel, but they're not listening. So he blasts Meme into the water.

Meanwhile, Cyclops, the Wolverine fan and some lady in the background are fighting the centaur Hex. Scott is kicking himself for not having protocols against a skyscraper-sized centaur that generates its own fauna. "Why do I always miss the obvious things?" Luckily, the Avengers come to fight. (And yes, that thunder people were arguing about in the art teaser thread? It's Thor's thunder, not Storm.)

Meanwhile, at the Avengers' stupid Celestial tower, Tony, his Eternal friends and Sinister (drawn to look like Jared Leto for some reason) are working on their plan. The Eternals believe that Sinister, as someone who has transgressed against the Celestials before, should seek penance and pray. Sinister is not amused.

Back on Krak, Scott and Cap lead the useless mutants into a defensive vault for their safety. Scott wants the Avengers to handle the Hex and keep people safe, while his side protects resurrection.

Captain America: "But even now, you're still keeping secrets? Cyclops... After everything we've been through, I wish you'd told us."
    Cyclops: "After everything? How could we?"

Meanwhile, the Storm, Sunfire, Banshee and the Avengers fight the flying Hex, who can turn intangible. Jean calls some of them to the bottom of the ocean; with Namor's help, they immobilized the Memotaur at the bottom of the sea. Now, they can start blasting away at its armor.

Unfortunately, they've caused damage to the mantle. In the Philippines, earthquakes, vents and tidal waves begin to rock Papua New Guinea. Tsunamis are wrecking America's East Coast, Australia and Japan. Scott tells Cap that the Avengers should go the humies in danger. Cap kisses his ass, thanks him, calls the X-Men heroes and says that one day, people will see them as they really are. (Note: this dialogue sounds vaguely like ironic foreshadowing for a future development.)

While the Avengers leave to help people in need, Exodus immediately accuses them of abandoning mutants again. Nightcrawler calls him out, but Desiny is all, "Nah, he's right. I see the future and we stand alone, lmao."

The narration: "Do we stand alone? We will see. Elsewhere, others strive to make me stand."

Tony and Ajak visit the thumb of Arishem the Judge, first of the Celestials, who crashed to Earth. They harvest his thumbprint. Sinister harvests a shattered fragment of the heart of the Dreaming Celestial. Odin built a weapon to fight the Celestials; while it was destroyed, Makarri harvests fragments of its power. Phastos begins assembling their celestial god. Other Eternals, lead by Sersi, go to Lemuria to perform a séance and gather testimony from those slaughtered by Celestials. They don't just want love for a Celestial - they want a god that will act as they wish. A better god.

"What does that mean? They argue. They devise. They write new scripture. The scripture is me. They are entirely successful. I will be a god in their image, second only to Hellion the Beloved."

Because Tony has been possessed by the Power Cosmic in his solo, and because he piloted a dead Celestial in King in Black, he will be a blueprint for their new god's nervous system. The Celestial narrator says that Tony would be his dad.

Meanwhile, the Memotaur is back on land. Jean and Exodus stand over the Memotaur, who's armor has been cracked. Exodus learns that it's a she, named Syne. It turns out that the Hex are all sisters. The tentacle Hex, Phebe Reginax, puts her tentacles inside her sister to heal her. Exodus is happy, because if they need healing, that means they can be killed. As he uses his power to kill Syne, he hears her final thoughts, "Please don't."

With one Hex down, the mutants cheer. Nightcrawler is happy, since they finally have hope. Scott agrees, in a more literal sense: he proudly boasts that his granddaughter is the core of the rezz protocols, and says that she's secure.

Cable guards the Five as they revive more of the dead, prioritizing warriors who can help them. This includes Exodus, whose backup didn't save the battle, nor Syne's final words. But Syne does. Arjun dies, his life given to revive Syne.

Meanwhile, the Aven-ternals + Sinister are nearly ready to bring their god back online. They have made a god more like them; their scripture is key, and their god will be its word made flesh. Sinister wants to press the "on" button and wake it up, Ajak says no. Sinister, bored of waiting for stuff to happen, plays the race card and says that they need to hurry up.

Meanwhile, people! Tom is watching the news as he eats breakfast, blaming the mutants and content with Krakoa getting rocked. (We're showing them.") Katrina is still tweeting, and that's literally all her panel says. Arjun is dead. Daniela is busy working at her third job, comforting a shook customer and hoping for a better tip. Jada is still against the whole genocide thing. Kenta doesn't care about any of this, and is getting a picture of Carol Danvers punching a tidal wave.

Syne comes back to Krakoa and tries to bring the whole island down. But if the mutants move to stop it, the other Hex will be free to attack the Vaults or Arbor Magna. In their time of need, Nightcrawler prays for deliverance.

His wish is granted. The Aveng-ternals' Celestial awakens and commands the Hex to cease. "As the principles demand," says Syne, and the Hex leave.
    Unfortunately, the god thinks everyone on Earth is a bunch of assholes. They have 24 hours to justify themselves, and will be judged both individually and as a collective. If there are more people who are just than wicked, they will live. If not, they die.

"See? You are all important. Every single one of you."

Way to go, Avengers and Eternals. Even by helping the mutants, you still screw them over.

Notes:
    • Sinister calls Tony "Tone," and references working with his adoptive dad.
    • And uh, considering how much of a jerk Hellion can be, I think we can say that he single-handedly doomed the entire planet. Whoops.
    Heh. Actually if anything the triumvirate of Tony, Ajak and Sinister should be recognized as the national heroes of Krakao since they ended the war at least for now. They just couldn't see where this whole new god thing was going.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 08-10-2022 at 10:33 AM.

One question I do have is once the secret about the Eternals resurrection method comes out will Exodus have to go to the pit for breaking one of the laws?

I feel like no matter what the Avengers did or were told, Exodus would be a hater. Nightcrawler seemed to know what's up, since he called out Exodus for being unfair. As for Destiny, she has issues with humans. She also saw the future and probably knew that in the end, everyone will stand alone and be judged by the Celestial. (Or that the Avengers' plan would screw them over.)

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    You like the ginger with no soul that wants mutants dead?!?!?!

My Hellion amigo. How dareth you.
    Okay look, he has a bad personality and bad takes. But let me explain.

I like red hair, and I like beards. That's pretty much all it takes for me to fall in love. Unless D-Man is showing up in this event, I'm sticking with Tom.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    One question I do have is once the secret about the Eternals resurrection method comes out will Exodus have to go to the pit for breaking one of the laws?
    For what? He didn't steal the human's life, the Eternals did. And what did they do with it? Go back on the attack putting more innocents at risk. Do they have a rule where they cannot kill when fighting off an enemy invasion? Then he broke it the second he killed Syne.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Taking into account that Beast kept his job as head of X-Force after committing genocide in Terra Verde and later trying to spread that contagion worldwide during the Hellfire Gala... I doubt that... the QC and those they favor are above all laws...

And anyways, Exodus didn't kill anybody. The Machine did.

Exodus had no way of knowing that killing an Eternal would have that result. That law from the first moment has always been discussed in case of defense of Krakoa anyway.

But what's interesting is that Exodus *is* a law freak. He will be probably the most affected by it while the rest are "****, bad luck".

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I just hope all of you who say how dangerous mutants are saw that part where they clearly state the majority of mutants are non combative

Also man I love Exodus that dude was saying everything I was feeling.

"What are these humans doing here get them out of here or they are next." then the very next second

"See they abandoned us again" LMAO
    Exodus is so eXtra and he made me laugh too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

The thing is he once tried the the entire human-mutant cooperation thing…ah well once a Crusader always a Crusader I guess.

Does anyone know What happened to the Living Monolith, do other posters remember him? was he ever shown among the general krakoan population? I think a fight between him and and one of the hex would have been quite cool.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

We start with an intro to those six important people, reacting to Druid's declaration of war. Tom approves of the Eternals, but doesn't care all that much. Katrina wishes her tweets could help the mutants. Arjun is so used to crazy things happening in the Marvel universe that he knows heroes will save the day, so he's not fussed. Daniela doesn't particularly care one way or the other. Jada is still upset at the mutants, but doesn't approve of their genocide. Kenta also doesn't care, and is more interested in being insensitive and trolly online.

"Remember: Everyone is important."

On Krakoa, people are fighting off the Memotaur and the blue Hex. The Avengers show up to help them, and their help is accepted by everyone but Exodus. Exodus tries to challenge the Hexes to a duel, but they're not listening. So he blasts Meme into the water.

Meanwhile, Cyclops, the Wolverine fan and some lady in the background are fighting the centaur Hex. Scott is kicking himself for not having protocols against a skyscraper-sized centaur that generates its own fauna. "Why do I always miss the obvious things?" Luckily, the Avengers come to fight. (And yes, that thunder people were arguing about in the art teaser thread? It's Thor's thunder, not Storm.)

Meanwhile, at the Avengers' stupid Celestial tower, Tony, his Eternal friends and Sinister (drawn to look like Jared Leto for some reason) are working on their plan. The Eternals believe that Sinister, as someone who has transgressed against the Celestials before, should seek penance and pray. Sinister is not amused.

Back on Krak, Scott and Cap lead the useless mutants into a defensive vault for their safety. Scott wants the Avengers to handle the Hex and keep people safe, while his side protects resurrection.

Captain America: "But even now, you're still keeping secrets? Cyclops... After everything we've been through, I wish you'd told us."
    Cyclops: "After everything? How could we?"

Meanwhile, the Storm, Sunfire, Banshee and the Avengers fight the flying Hex, who can turn intangible. Jean calls some of them to the bottom of the ocean; with Namor's help, they immobilized the Memotaur at the bottom of the sea. Now, they can start blasting away at its armor.

Unfortunately, they've caused damage to the mantle. In the Philippines, earthquakes, vents and tidal waves begin to rock Papua New Guinea. Tsunamis are wrecking America's East Coast, Australia and Japan. Scott tells Cap that the Avengers should go the humies in danger. Cap kisses his ass, thanks him, calls the X-Men heroes and says that one day, people will see them as they really are. (Note: this dialogue sounds vaguely like ironic foreshadowing for a future development.)

While the Avengers leave to help people in need, Exodus immediately accuses them of abandoning mutants again. Nightcrawler calls him out, but Desiny is all, "Nah, he's right. I see the future and we stand alone, lmao."

The narration: "Do we stand alone? We will see. Elsewhere, others strive to make me stand."

Tony and Ajak visit the thumb of Arishem the Judge, first of the Celestials, who crashed to Earth. They harvest his thumbprint. Sinister harvests a shattered fragment of the heart of the Dreaming Celestial. Odin built a weapon to fight the Celestials; while it was destroyed, Makarri harvests fragments of its power. Phastos begins assembling their celestial god. Other Eternals, lead by Sersi, go to Lemuria to perform a séance and gather testimony from those slaughtered by Celestials. They don't just want love for a Celestial - they want a god that will act as they wish. A better god.

"What does that mean? They argue. They devise. They write new scripture. The scripture is me. They are entirely successful. I will be a god in their image, second only to Hellion the Beloved."

Because Tony has been possessed by the Power Cosmic in his solo, and because he piloted a dead Celestial in King in Black, he will be a blueprint for their new god's nervous system. The Celestial narrator says that Tony would be his dad.

Meanwhile, the Memotaur is back on land. Jean and Exodus stand over the Memotaur, who's armor has been cracked. Exodus learns that it's a she, named Syne. It turns out that the Hex are all sisters. The tentacle Hex, Phebe Reginax, puts her tentacles inside her sister to heal her. Exodus is happy, because if they need healing, that means they can be killed. As he uses his power to kill Syne, he hears her final thoughts, "Please don't."

With one Hex down, the mutants cheer. Nightcrawler is happy, since they finally have hope. Scott agrees, in a more literal sense: he proudly boasts that his granddaughter is the core of the rezz protocols, and says that she's secure.

Cable guards the Five as they revive more of the dead, prioritizing warriors who can help them. This includes Exodus, whose backup didn't save the battle, nor Syne's final words. But Syne does. Arjun dies, his life given to revive Syne.

Meanwhile, the Aven-ternals + Sinister are nearly ready to bring their god back online. They have made a god more like them; their scripture is key, and their god will be its word made flesh. Sinister wants to press the "on" button and wake it up, Ajak says no. Sinister, bored of waiting for stuff to happen, plays the race card and says that they need to hurry up.

Meanwhile, people! Tom is watching the news as he eats breakfast, blaming the mutants and content with Krakoa getting rocked. (We're showing them.") Katrina is still tweeting, and that's literally all her panel says. Arjun is dead. Daniela is busy working at her third job, comforting a shook customer and hoping for a better tip. Jada is still against the whole genocide thing. Kenta doesn't care about any of this, and is getting a picture of Carol Danvers punching a tidal wave.

Syne comes back to Krakoa and tries to bring the whole island down. But if the mutants move to stop it, the other Hex will be free to attack the Vaults or Arbor Magna. In their time of need, Nightcrawler prays for deliverance.

His wish is granted. The Aveng-ternals' Celestial awakens and commands the Hex to cease. "As the principles demand," says Syne, and the Hex leave.
    Unfortunately, the god thinks everyone on Earth is a bunch of assholes. They have 24 hours to justify themselves, and will be judged both individually and as a collective. If there are more people who are just than wicked, they will live. If not, they die.

"See? You are all important. Every single one of you."

Way to go, Avengers and Eternals. Even by helping the mutants, you still screw them over.

Notes:
    • Sinister calls Tony "Tone," and references working with his adoptive dad.
    • And uh, considering how much of a jerk Hellion can be, I think we can say that he single-handedly doomed the entire planet. Whoops.
    This almost sounds like AvX with Iron Man routine where Avengers screw up only to be redeemed by the end of the event. Probably chase those old gods or whatever it is