Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It seemed to me that Exodus just doesn't understand the nuances of preventing millions of humans from dying as collateral damage since he doesn't value human lives. He knew why the Avengers left but doesn't care since only mutants really matter to him.
    i feel like gillen was writing him like the x fans who hate the avengers and complain about when they are involved and when they're not involved.

also ironically he refers to them as untouched by the grace of god even though thor is an actual god and echo is the current phoenix host, the thing which he clearly considers holy because of hope

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i feel like gillen was writing him like the x fans who hate the avengers and complain about when they are involved and when they're not involved.

also ironically he refers to them as untouched by the grace of god even though thor is an actual god and echo is the current phoenix host, the thing which he clearly considers holy because of hope
    Fool there is only one god and those with the X gene our his people all others are fake prophets and Echo is no more then a thief of unworthy statue wielding a power beyond her capabilities or station

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post

Echo being Phoenix host is the most generic Aaron s@# that should be buried ten feet under for stealing that from X-Men . X-Men have "gods" if you mean only Thor. Plural

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I feel like no matter what the Avengers did or were told, Exodus would be a hater. Nightcrawler seemed to know what's up, since he called out Exodus for being unfair. As for Destiny, she has issues with humans. She also saw the future and probably knew that in the end, everyone will stand alone and be judged by the Celestial. (Or that the Avengers' plan would screw them over.)

Okay look, he has a bad personality and bad takes. But let me explain.

I like red hair, and I like beards. That's pretty much all it takes for me to fall in love. Unless D-Man is showing up in this event, I'm sticking with Tom.
    ok ok forgivable because this made me chuckle.

Bah, typical event nonsense. The main book always feels like you’re reading a synopsis and probably someone somewhere else is reading a much better story than you. (Remember how, like, the entirety of Secret Empire was told in the style of a Previously On… section from a TV series. The whole thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Echo being Phoenix host is the most generic Aaron s@# that should be buried ten feet under for stealing that from X-Men . X-Men have "gods" if you mean only Thor. Plural
    Yeah, seeing the Phoenix just flying around in the crowd with no connection to the mutants was just weird.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    One question I do have is once the secret about the Eternals resurrection method comes out will Exodus have to go to the pit for breaking one of the laws?
    Exodus killed an Eternal. The Eternals killed the flatscan.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It seemed to me that Exodus just doesn't understand the nuances of preventing millions of humans from dying as collateral damage since he doesn't value human lives. He knew why the Avengers left but doesn't care since only mutants really matter to him.
    And, by virtue of the ‘we will bury you’ mantra of the books since Morrison; the billion humans on the line themselves contain hundred of thousands/millions of mutants who would otherwise be doomed to centuries in the waiting room

As for Exodus breaking the laws, neither Exodus or the Memeotaur killed Arjun, The Machine did
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 08-10-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    The Phoenix must be kept away from the X-Men at all costs. That silly dance between it and the mutants has been done to death.
    One way to bring fresh air is to trade iconic elements elements between different franchises.

Mutants who got the Phoenix are mostly omega level Mary and Gary anyway, they don't need the cosmic power up.
    Let the underated and underexposed character have it. She'll make a better use of the space chicken.
    And maybe some day, somebody like Ewing will write something about cosmic birds and native americans, featuring the Phoenix, the Psyhawk, Echo, Firebird and maybe the Proudstars with a cosmic Thunderbird.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    One question I do have is once the secret about the Eternals resurrection method comes out will Exodus have to go to the pit for breaking one of the laws?
    Unless Exodus knew it'd kill a human, probably not.

Plus Selene killed a **** ton of humans and shes doing fine so he's probably not in trouble anyways.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Unless Exodus knew it'd kill a human, probably not.

Plus Selene killed a **** ton of humans and shes doing fine so he's probably not in trouble anyways.
    I thought she was shot in the head and in the resurrection back log. Was that her in the exodus resurrection scene?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    I thought she was shot in the head and in the resurrection back log. Was that her in the exodus resurrection scene?
    Kwannon I think. She and Logan died at the same time

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    yea but that was because of the monster that attacked the island, not the humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Exodus is red because he's a mutant. Moonstar, Warpath and Forge were all red because of outdated racial stereotypes. During the Colonial Era British and Central European "scientists" decided that only they were white-skinned, and assigned other colors to other races that weren't dark enough to be called "Black"... hence, Mediterraneans were bronze-skinned, Middle Easterns were brown, East Asians like Koreans, Japanese and Chinese had assigned yellow skin, and Native Americans were assigned red skin...

That stereotype proved very resilient, and because of that, until very recently, Japanese people were portrayed as having bright yellow lemon-like skin, despite they having white skin in reality, and Native Americans were portrayed as having bright red tomato skin instead of being portrayed as having tan or bronze skin (bronze skin was already assigned to Mediterranean people, so Native Americans got stuck with red...).
    I believe what the poster is saying is that originally, Exodus was *not* actually red because he was a mutant. If you read his first chronological appearance in Black Knight: Exodus #1, where we see his powers activate, he is colored the same before and after that happens. However, at some point, Exodus' red stuck and became a mutant trait while his original human skin color was changed (as seen in Immortal #4), while Moonstar, Warpath, and Forge started to be colored correctly.

Just reread the issue. I'm predicting Tom's wife dying in his place, and him changing his opinions on the Eternals when he finds out they're the cause. Or he thinks the mutants killed her and he hates them more.

Kenta might also flip and become more emotional, but I see him more as comic relief and will remain unphased.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.