Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

And as a reward they will raise the price 38%.

Thanks disney!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...13f982f487e53b

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I guess the announcement comes tomorrow. I knew this would probably happen. But to do it in 2 and a half years? Wow.
    the difference isn't that big and the only question remaining is for how long considering churning since disney+ has already forecasted that they will lose subscribers in the next quarter?
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-11-2022 at 05:12 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    But that's also kinda a problem if you want something that's not in the Disney spear you're not going to get it Disney isn't going to pay for other movies and for people like me besides marvel stuff they don't have a lot that interest me.
    Netflix has a big issue in the next few coming years with everyone starting their own streaming services they're losing content left and right.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 08-11-2022 at 06:11 AM.

BANNED

After the backlash with Kenobi and the other Disney Plus originals (excluding Mandalorian and possibly What If with Loki) DPlus surpassed Netflix?

Extraordinary Member

It is surprising but I guess bad big brand content like Kenobi etc. Trumps bad generic off brand filler like the stuff mostly on netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    After the backlash with Kenobi and the other Disney Plus originals (excluding Mandalorian and possibly What If with Loki) DPlus surpassed Netflix?
    Fans badmouthing everything isn't backlash, it's par for the course. Kenobi was well received in general. And online comments are immaterial to them, number of viewers is all that matters.

Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Finale Just Broke a Star Wars Viewership Record
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Fans badmouthing everything isn't backlash, it's par for the course. Kenobi was well received in general. And online comments are immaterial to them, number of viewers is all that matters.

Huh? But Nerdrotic, Critical Drinker, and this so not somewhat racist video ( listen to the end seriously wtf) told me this would go broke because its woke!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Netflix has a big issue in the next few coming years with everyone starting their own streaming services they're losing content left and right.
    Netflix should have bought Warnermedia if they could, it would have probably be a better long term investment than the billions they are spending on new content.

Too many think the loud online fans are reflective of the general audience, the funny thing is sometimes these fans actually help increase the viewing numbers because a lot of people may watch a show to see what all the controversy is about, a couple of my friends who are not big Star Wars fans certainly did, in the case of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

BANNED

For the sake of this discussion I will accept (but with a LOT of question marks) the Kenobi part. The rest of the DPlus shows were received not so well and there were many claims of underperformance.
    Only The Mandalorian and to some extent The Book of Boba Fett, What If and maaaaaaybe Loki (mostly because for the whole Kang and Multiverse thing) were hits in the traditional sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    For the sake of this discussion I will accept (but with a LOT of question marks) the Kenobi part. The rest of the DPlus shows were received not so well and there were many claims of underperformance.
    Only The Mandalorian and to some extent The Book of Boba Fett, What If and maaaaaaybe Loki (mostly because for the whole Kang and Multiverse thing) were hits in the traditional sense.
    Um, WandaVision was definitely a hit. I'm pretty sure Hawkeye was, as well. Then with Ms. Marvel, while older, white males didn't watch it as much as the previous shows, it did better in the younger minority/female demographic than the other shows as well. That means it brought in new viewers.

Astonishing Member

I think people have to understand when talking about what we get on Disney Plus. The rest of the world gets way more than just Marvel and Star Wars. This is another reason the growth is exploding. Disney plus overseas has all kinds of different shows. Walking Dead ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Huh? But Nerdrotic, Critical Drinker, and this so not somewhat racist video ( listen to the end seriously wtf) told me this would go broke because its woke!
    No one cares what these guys say other than a small vocal minority of perpetually disgruntled fans.

I don't want to make this political but on a related note, I was disgusted when I watched a vid of Jeremy from Geeks + Games in which he was very lukewarm in his condemnation of Alex Jones following the Sandy Hook verdict. You could tell Jeremy did not want to criticize his fellow traveler (who has been featured on his Youtube Channel in the past) and at one point he said the verdict vindicated Jones by "proving" the "establishment" was out to get Jones....
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-11-2022 at 07:55 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Totally agree. They are relying more and more on their own produced content and some of the movies and TV shows they produce are incredibly expensive. Many of the movies and TV shows they produce are plain bad or just average. They don't have a huge library of existing own quality content like Disney+ has.

Even if people badmouth, "everyone" is going to watch these Star Wars series.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    OMG, the pictures of senile, racist, terrible President Reagan are a dead give away.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

That's why they are making so much content also so they don't have to pay for it but really there's so much out there they'll always find something to upload.