Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Totally agree. They are relying more and more on their own produced content and some of the movies and TV shows they produce are incredibly expensive. Many of the movies and TV shows they produce are plain bad or just average. They don't have a huge library of existing own quality content like Disney+ has.

Even if people badmouth, "everyone" is going to watch these Star Wars series.
    They make just as much good content as bad just like any movie or tv company.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    This is true. but their content alone will never be able to support a streaming service. They have to depend on other studios and movie companies for most of their content. That makes it a bit more problematic.

Disney has Decades and Decades of their own content plus high brand content they bought like Marvel and Star Wars.

They are in a better spot then HBOmax, Netflix, or really any of the others.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Eh, it's a little too early to be saying **** like this lol. Let's see in a few years what's what.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Disney is in the best position and will be for a while. They have their own material, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and the 20th Century (Formerly Fox) library while also producing new stuff with all the IPs they own. & they basically own our childhoods.

Speaking of which if anyone at Disney is reading this Prey was a hit for you. You also own Planet of the Apes give me Predator vs Apes.

HBOMAX or whatever it will be called eventually is number 2 for bright future IMO because they have the WB library, TCM, The HBO library, Looney Tunes, DC, and now Discovery. If they don't stop investing in Streaming Material they could even surpass Disney.

Netflix is 3rd in the race simply because they're like Atari to me 1st to make it big, a few gems, and a place in pop culture history. But their own content has a lot of crap in it and they don't have nostalgia when it comes to their content yet.

Amazon has some good stuff and with the other services Prime offers I see them always being a strong 4th even 3rd someday.

Apple has a lot of good content much better at quality control than Netflix. But they have an extremely limited library to offer.

ParamountPlus and Peacock have decent libraries but nothing for them to be massive draws. Even Trek at Paramount has never been as mainstream as Star Wars as a franchise. So IMO one or both should throw in the towel and lease their content to Netflix which could put Netflix back into number 1 and make them money while doing it.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 08-11-2022 at 02:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Netflix's strategy of releasing a crap load of content without barely any marketing or any quality control while increasing prices and not adding live events is pretty much suicidal. They relied too much on being first, and didn't prepare for a time when other companies with bigger libraries or pockets would caught up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I was going to reply…

This is true. but their content alone will never be able to support a streaming service. They have to depend on other studios and movie companies for most of their content. That makes it a bit more problematic.

Disney has Decades and Decades of their own content plus high brand content they bought like Marvel and Star Wars.

… but then I read this. This is basically what I was going to reply with

True but this is also a baenfet for some people as you get more variety from pulling from other studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Disney is in the best position and will be for a while. They have their own material, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and the 20th Century (Formerly Fox) library while also producing new stuff with all the IPs they own. & they basically own our childhoods.

Speaking of which if anyone at Disney is reading this Prey was a hit for you. You also own Planet of the Apes give me Predator vs Apes.

HBOMAX or whatever it will be called eventually is number 2 for bright future IMO because they have the WB library, TCM, The HBO library, Looney Tunes, DC, and now Discovery. If they don't stop investing in Streaming Material they could even surpass Disney.

Netflix is 3rd in the race simply because they're like Atari to me 1st to make it big, a few gems, and a place in pop culture history. But their own content has a lot of crap in it and they don't have nostalgia when it comes to their content yet.

Amazon has some good stuff and with the other services Prime offers I see them always being a strong 4th even 3rd someday.

Apple has a lot of good content much better at quality control than Netflix. But they have an extremely limited library to offer.

ParamountPlus and Peacock have decent libraries but nothing for them to be massive draws. Even Trek at Paramount has never been as mainstream as Star Wars as a franchise. So IMO one or both should throw in the towel and lease their content to Netflix which could put Netflix back into number 1 and make them money while doing it.
    This might change if the new WB CEO wants to depush streaming.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I really like Apple TV. It is narrowly focused, but I’m good with that as I don’t watch a ton of scripted TV. It’s good for 1-2 hours a week of entertainment per week, which I think is good value. It’s about the same as I watch on Disney and Hulu.

Astonishing Member

I don't really understand Netflix strategy of just dumping whole seasons at once onto their service. I mean if you had tons of GREAT shows then ok. But you are just encouraging people who like a show to subscribe one month and leave. I know there are consumers who love this but to me from a business perspective its stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I don't really understand Netflix strategy of just dumping whole seasons at once onto their service. I mean if you had tons of GREAT shows then ok. But you are just encouraging people who like a show to subscribe one month and leave. I know there are consumers who love this but to me from a business perspective its stupid.
    Also is hurts Buzz Umbrella Academy and Doom Patrol seasons 1 premiered at the same time. Umbrella dumped all at once and dominated media for the 1st 2 weeks and overshadowed Doom Patrols 1st two episodes. But once the Buzz dropped for Umbrella Academy Doom Patrol got weeks of buzz because episodes kept dropping.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Perhaps Netflix, as it is morphing into more of a media company(someone noted), should look at buying up something like Valiant Comics/DMG.
    Have a resource at your disposal that everyone seems to want a piece of.
    Netflix itself understands that. I've enjoyed plenty of content with them and will get to Sandman in a few weeks as well as the last season of Locke&Key.

I'm pro drop it all at once. Netflix understood folks buying a box set of DVDs and blasting through at your own pace and mimicked that.

I wait till a show is done or nearly done before watching it on other outlets 90% of the time. The Star Trek shows are my main exception.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Perhaps Netflix, as it is morphing into more of a media company(someone noted), should look at buying up something like Valiant Comics/DMG.
    Netflix itself understands that. I've enjoyed plenty of content with them and will get to Sandman in a few weeks as well as the last season of Locke&Key.

I'm pro drop it all at once. Netflix understood folks buying a box set of DVDs and blasting through at your own pace and mimicked that.

I wait till a show is done or nearly done before watching it on other outlets 90% of the time. The Star Trek shows are my main exception.
    They're getting Sony's Ghost Corps, Sony's Reitman vanity studio, and are actively pursuing WBD's DC library but Variety says Netflix is a "lock" to be acquiring the entirety of the Vertigo imprint.

They are in the lead to get F1 racing and are "exclusive" to stream Sony's new movies starting this year.

They have Bone, 80% of MOTU, Roald Dahl, 4 video game studios, Millarworld, AnimalLogic, and a few other big catalogs with stuff coming out starting this month.

I think they need to start playing with the toys they have first, IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They're getting Sony's Ghost Corps, Sony's Reitman vanity studio, and are actively pursuing WBD's DC library but Variety says Netflix is a "lock" to be acquiring the entirety of the Vertigo imprint.

They are in the lead to get F1 racing and are "exclusive" to stream Sony's new movies starting this year.

They have Bone, 80% of MOTU, Roald Dahl, 4 video game studios, Millarworld, AnimalLogic, and a few other big catalogs with stuff coming out starting this month.

I think they need to start playing with the toys they have first, IMHO.
    They also have dark horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Ya I don't like wateing for shows to come out my time is limited.