Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Disney plus passes Neflix in Subscribers.

I guess the announcement comes tomorrow. I knew this would probably happen. But to do it in 2 and a half years? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I guess the announcement comes tomorrow. I knew this would probably happen. But to do it in 2 and a half years? Wow.
    It doesnt shock me. Disney has a massive library on their own. Add to that Marvel, Star Wars and Nat Geo. I have the bundle with Hulu and ESPN. it is well worth it. I have Netflix for my dad. But I cant remember the last time I watched a streaming other then Disney + Hulu and ESPN with the 30 for 30 selections.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Considering how Disney owns most of our childhoods, I'm honestly not surprised.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Netflix will probably get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Netflix will probably get it back.
    To be honest I am not sure. Disney doesnt have to worry about their shows or movies being pulled because they own them. Much larger and lets be honest more name recognizable titles over all.

To be honest I think Disney will keep it for a long time to come. I know a lot of people when they are cutting back and seeing which streaming service to drop it is HBO Max or Netflix. Very very even think of Cutting Disney.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest I am not sure. Disney doesnt have to worry about their shows or movies being pulled because they own them. Much larger and lets be honest more name recognizable titles over all.

To be honest I think Disney will keep it for a long time to come. I know a lot of people when they are cutting back and seeing which streaming service to drop it is HBO Max or Netflix. Very very even think of Cutting Disney.
    But that's also kinda a problem if you want something that's not in the Disney spear you're not going to get it Disney isn't going to pay for other movies and for people like me besides marvel stuff they don't have a lot that interest me.

Astonishing Member

Could be bots.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Technically, I believe it’s Disney that’s passed Netflix, not Disney+. The 221 million includes sister services like Hulu, ESPN+, and Star.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Technically, I believe it’s Disney that’s passed Netflix, not Disney+. The 221 million includes sister services like Hulu, ESPN+, and Star.
    That was the interesting part...

This number for Disney.

- Folks actively using the service?
    - Folks that got it as part of a package deal?

Say what you want about Netflix. It got it's numbers under it's own steam.

Gotta sting a little.

Arrow

Netflix has made a fair amount of mistakes in the past few years and received more bad press than any other streaming service because of these missteps. Also, unlike Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, and Crunchyroll (Sony), Netflix does not have a multibillion-dollar corporation behind it. I must confess I let my subscription lapse about five years ago when the price started inching up it was no longer worth it for me when most of the content I wanted to view regularly was on Disney Plus and Crunchyroll (both of which I could subscribe to for the same price combined as Netflix). All things considered, I'm not surprised by their decline.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-10-2022 at 10:44 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Netflix is morphing into a media company.

I think they'll be fine.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Netflix is morphing into a media company.

I think they'll be fine.
    For sure they are going to be okay at the last they are go from 1 to 2ed place still Miles above everything else.

Ultimate Member

Netflix’s recent strategy seems suicidal.

They’ve been steadily increasing their prices while sharply cutting new content in ways that seem premature.

That alone is enough for a lot of people to tune out.

Netflix has been steadily losing 3rd party content (to other streaming services that own that content) and the quality of their own content is hit or miss - and very expensive to produce. Their foray into video games doesn't seem like a success thus far and they're also investing (losing?) money in that space. I'm not surprised by this. I bought Netflix shares early in the pandemic and sold them a while ago.

That having been said, being the #2 streaming company in the world isn't bad.