Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They're getting Sony's Ghost Corps, Sony's Reitman vanity studio, and are actively pursuing WBD's DC library but Variety says Netflix is a "lock" to be acquiring the entirety of the Vertigo imprint.

They are in the lead to get F1 racing and are "exclusive" to stream Sony's new movies starting this year.

They have Bone, 80% of MOTU, Roald Dahl, 4 video game studios, Millarworld, AnimalLogic, and a few other big catalogs with stuff coming out starting this month.

I think they need to start playing with the toys they have first, IMHO.
    They also have that League of Legends show that seems to be doing well for them.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    They also have dark horse.
    I haven't see them announce anything yet. I was just talking about upcoming originals. Do they have anything in the works?
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    They also have that League of Legends show that seems to be doing well for them.
    Yes it is. They have a lot coming. They'll be fine.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I haven't see them announce anything yet. I was just talking about upcoming originals. Do they have anything in the works?

Yes it is. They have a lot coming. They'll be fine.
    I'm not sure what's upcoming but they already did The Umbrella Academy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    After the backlash with Kenobi and the other Disney Plus originals (excluding Mandalorian and possibly What If with Loki) DPlus surpassed Netflix?
    There is no majority backlash.
    Folks who are saying most of the marvel and star wars shows are bad are a loud minority(on the internet for example) and what they say do not match up with what the scores are on rt for example.
    In real life the critic and audience scores are high to really high for the marvel and star wars shows looking at the RT SCORES.
    The shows are well received.

In fact marvel shows have higher ratings on average then the mcu non canon shows like netflix mcu,abc marvel,cloak and dagger,marvel's runaways and helstrom.

Marvel live action shows are at it's best with disney plus.

MCU phase 4 canon comicbook shows ratings update.
    Critics and Audience Consensus
    Series
    Critics Consensus
    WANDAVISION 91%
    7.85/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 88%
    4.4/5 Avg rating

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER 84%
    7.20/10 Avg rating
    AVERAGE AUDIENCE SCORE 82%
    4.3 Avg rating

LOKI 92%
    7.90/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 91%
    4.5 Avg rating

WHAT IF...?: SEASON 94%
    7.95/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 94%
    4.7 Avg rating

HAWKEYE 92%
    7.55/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 91%
    4.5/5 Avg rating

MOON KNIGHT 87%
    7.65/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 91%
    4.6/5 Avg rating

MS. MARVEL 98%
    8.20/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 81%
    4.2/5 Avg rating
    Note- ms.marvel's AUDIENCE rt scores/ratings was reviewed bomb and the audience score would have been higher.The ms.marvel's AUDIENCE ratings was reviewed bomb before the show even came out but still has great reviews from the audience.
    The disney plus star wars shows have postive ratings from the critics and most have postive rating from the audience but the shows from critics and audinces are not as well received like the disney plus marvel shows on aveage.
    The only one that has rotten from the audience is the book of boba fett.

THE MANDALORIAN 93% AUDIENCE 92%

THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT 66% AUDIENCE 57%

OBI-WAN KENOBI 77% AUDIENCE 65%
    Last edited by mace11; 08-13-2022 at 08:07 PM.

Disney Having More Subscribers Than Netflix Isn't The Whole Truth

It's the Disney Plus, Hulu AND ESPN combined bundle vs. Netflix which isn't a fair comparison. Maybe Netflix should acquire a live sports network of their own.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

It's the Disney Plus, Hulu AND ESPN combined bundle vs. Netflix which isn't a fair comparison. Maybe Netflix should acquire a live sports network of their own.
    That link doesn't go anywhere, but if it's saying that those subscribing to the bundle outnumber netflix then actually it makes it more surprising that Disney is in the lead then as the bundle is like 20 bucks a month.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-14-2022 at 02:10 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

I think its more than fair. However you slice it they passed the biggest streaming service in the world in 2 and a half years. They added 14 million New Subscribers last quarter.

They are trying to get F1.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

But is that just in the US or worldwide? Because here in the UK (and I think it's the same all around Europe) you can only subscribe to Disney+, there isn't a combined bundle with ESPN etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    ..The disney plus star wars shows have postive ratings from the critics and most have postive rating from the audience but the shows from critics and audinces are not as well received like the disney plus marvel shows on aveage.
    The only one that has rotten from the audience is the book of boba fett.
    The problem with the Book of Bobba Fett is it should have been rated MA a gritty crime drama rather than what we got, IMHO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The problem with the Book of Bobba Fett is it should have been rated MA a gritty crime drama rather than what we got, IMHO.
    Didn't it get a bunch of award nominations?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    This type of thought is why I frequently hear some say BoBobba was bad.
    The show didn't meet their individual thoughts on what the show should've been. Not that the actual produced material was bad.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It's just an opinion but I watched the Gray Man, wasn't impressed and can see where this article is coming from regarding Netflix's original movies:

https://slate.com/culture/2022/07/gr...b-global-en-GB

Extraordinary Member

Yeah I can agree with the author on Gray Man. Most of the action was as he said "blurry and poorly staged." I can barely even remember what happened in Red Notice. There smaller budget stuff is def better. Dayshift and Triple Frontier were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This type of thought is why I frequently hear some say BoBobba was bad.
    The show didn't meet their individual thoughts on what the show should've been. Not that the actual produced material was bad.

I've always thought Boba Fett was the most overhyped character in film history and thus had no expectations. I thought episode 1 was really good then it went to mediocrity for me until episode 5 when Mando showed up and episodes 5, 6 and 7 were great.

If not for Mando, Cobb, Bane, Luke, Ashoka, and Grogu I would had checked out completely. I would had preferred a Shand show over Boba. Honestly another thread asked about side characters being more interesting and this like Ironfist is another entry in that category for me. But again I was biased as I never liked Boba to begin with, but this didn't win me over on him.