Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

In addition to F1, Netflix has put requests to negotiate out to WWE's live shows.

Seems they are very interested in entering the live space.

Get hockey or baseball while you're at it!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

This is interesting and relevant to this thread … in the US, streaming surpassed cable for the first time, according to an article on Deadline. Netflix was number one and Hulu > Disney+.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 08-18-2022 at 06:47 AM.

Not great if this indeed materializes:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/17/2...downloads-code

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    This is interesting and relevant to this thread … in the US, streaming surpassed cable for the first time, according to an article on Deadline. Netflix was number one and Hulu > Disney+.
    I'm not surprised. I haven't had cable in five years. Every time I visit my aunt & uncle or parents and hear them complain about being taken advantage of by Big Cable I suggest they cut the cord but they say no. See they enjoy stuff like CNN & the DIY shows but to get that stuff they need to buy packages that include shitloads of channels they never watch. They also do not understand streaming because of their ages. The current cable model is very predatory especially when you consider it is mostly the over sixty crowd who still refuse to cut the cord.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The current cable model is very predatory especially when you consider it is mostly the over sixty crowd who still refuse to cut the cord.
    How different is it from the streaming wars, where you'll probably have to buy multiple subscriptions to get everything you want?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    How different is it from the streaming wars, where you'll probably have to buy multiple subscriptions to get everything you want?
    Well, for me streaming is better because I like Anime, hence, Crunchyroll, I like the Boys (and the rest of the stuff there) so Amazon Prime, I want some things on Disney Plus so about $35 is my combined monthly bill these days much lower than cable for similar contest (plus a lot of things I would never watch). Also, as I mentioned, most people who I know who still have cable are older and I find the cable companies take advantage of seniors more often than naught by adding on things they don't need, want, or understand for more charges
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."