Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will we see an Iron Man film based on the "Demon in a Bottle"?

We have seen some of the MCU films adapt classic comic book storylines such as Infinity Gauntlet comic book series, Civil War comic bbook series, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past, etc. But how come we have not seen a Iron Man film adapt one of the best Iron Man stories called "Demon in a Bottle"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_in_a_Bottle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_Future_Past

Extraordinary Member

Favreau basically already said that the scene in Iron Man 2 where Tony is shitfaced is about as close as he wants to adapting Demon in a Bottle. The MCU is never going to base a whole film around a characters drinking issues.

They kinda did in Iron Man 2.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

1) They hinted the problem in some scenes of IM2.
    2)Others said the main storyline is way too mature for Disney. I could see it though as a What If or a feature along with the new Marvel Zombies, Logan and the Deadpool movies. Thing is that it might be a variant Iron Man since RDJ has left the Tony Stark persona and there are slim chances for him to reprise the role and especially for a storyline like this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    1) They hinted the problem in some scenes of IM2.
    2)Others said the main storyline is way too mature for Disney. I could see it though as a What If or a feature along with the new Marvel Zombies, Logan and the Deadpool movies. Thing is that it might be a variant Iron Man since RDJ has left the Tony Stark persona and there are slim chances for him to reprise the role and especially for a storyline like this.
    I've heard rumors that RDJ wasn't comfortable exploring that aspect of Tony due to his own past, which is why it was downplayed in IM 2.

Since RDJ doesn't voice the animated series, What If could totally do an IM 2 episode where Tony's drinking is the driving problem. They can even have Rhodey take up the armor early to parallel the Iron Man run by Dennis O'Neil.

Tony Stark is dead, so no.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There are plenty of movies out there and other media about the ills of alcohol abuse and its consequences. No need to have a hero film be about that.

The comic story was more a matter of comics reflecting one reality of culture rather than saying anything original. I'd much rather see Armor Wars adapted, or see an Iron Man story that featured guys like MODOC, Madame Masque, Jack of Hearts and more of his rogues gallery.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 08-11-2022 at 10:34 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    There are plenty of movies out there and other media about the ills of alcohol abuse and its consequences. No need to have a hero film be about that.

The comic story was more a matter of comics reflecting one reality of culture rather than saying anything original. I'd much rather see Armor Wars adapted.
    Agreed. Armor Wars would be interesting. Heck, I'd even settle for...

The Mask in the Iron Man

I would love to see an unlicensed Iron Man film based on DIAB!
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

They kind of already did Mask In The Iron Man a bit-think the sentient armor was sort of retconned as a variant of Ultron in the comics.

Too bad we never got Bethany Cabe (Although Kate Mara was rumored for Iron Man 2, she did show up but probably wasn't Bethany) although I suppose she could show up in Ironheart or Armor Wars.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-11-2022 at 02:19 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They kind of already did Mask In The Iron Man a bit-think the sentient armor was sort of retconned as a variant of Ultron in the comics.

Too bad we never got Bethany Cabe (Although Kate Mara was rumored for Iron Man 2, she did show up but probably wasn't Bethany) although I suppose she could show up in Ironheart or Armor Wars.
    Thanks. But yeah, Bethany Cabe sure could bring it (IMHO):

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Armor Wars would be interesting. Heck, I'd even settle for...

The Mask in the Iron Man

Maaaaan, I would like an adaption for MITIM as well!
    It's one of my favourite stories and it's far ay superior compared to recent material, especially the Bendis stuff which was completely unreadable.
    I was really annoyed with Rumiko though. Very annoying character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Tony Stark is dead, so no.
    They can obviously bring him back. Characters die and come back in the comic books all the time.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    They can obviously bring him back. Characters die and come back in the comic books all the time.
    Eh, they haven't gone that route yet in the films and I doubt they will at this juncture. When they eventually reboot with a whole new universe will there be another Iron Man? Absolutely. And with the set up for a multiverse already laid out in Spider-Man, Doctor Strange and Loki that idea is probably closer to fruition than most think. I wouldn't be surprised that if superheroes are still a big deal 8 years from now we'll be getting a new universe in the Marvel films where everything old can be new again.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, they haven't gone that route yet in the films and I doubt they will at this juncture. When they eventually reboot with a whole new universe will there be another Iron Man? Absolutely. And with the set up for a multiverse already laid out in Spider-Man, Doctor Strange and Loki that idea is probably closer to fruition than most think. I wouldn't be surprised that if superheroes are still a big deal 8 years from now we'll be getting a new universe in the Marvel films where everything old can be new again.
    Good point. I guess the other option is that they have, in the current universe, a new Iron Man. Not Tony Stark/ RDJ but someone else taking on the Iron Man mantle and armor, basically like what has happened with Captain America.