Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Good point. I guess the other option is that they have, in the current universe, a new Iron Man. Not Tony Stark/ RDJ but someone else taking on the Iron Man mantle and armor, basically like what has happened with Captain America.
    Yeah, we're getting that already. Images of Iron Heart have leaked ahead of her apearance in Wakanda Forever and then her own show on Disney+
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

That is not the more streamlined armor we see Riri having the comics. Her look isn't going to strongly be differentiated on film, a bit bummed about that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That is not the more streamlined armor we see Riri having the comics. Her look isn't going to strongly be differentiated on film, a bit bummed about that.
    This is akin to her Mark I armor by the sounds of things, there's even an image of her crafting it with a hammer just like Stark did with his first armor.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Ah, ok. I've been staying away from spoiler threads and pics on purpose cause I just want to be as surprised as possible on shows/movies now.
    Fifteen/Twenty years ago when comic movies/shows were still a bit lean I wanted those spoilers.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Think in the comics Rhodey has stepped back into the Iron Man role once or twice when Tony was incapacitated or something like that. Although not when they were both 'dead' (Civil War II)-think they left that to Riri.

I might be mistaken but in Falcon & Winter Soldier he appeared to be fully recovered from his Civil War injuries. Although it's possible he has a brace or something under the suit.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Think in the comics Rhodey has stepped back into the Iron Man role once or twice when Tony was incapacitated or something like that. Although not when they were both 'dead' (Civil War II)-think they left that to Riri.

I might be mistaken but in Falcon & Winter Soldier he appeared to be fully recovered from his Civil War injuries. Although it's possible he has a brace or something under the suit.
    Yeah, I think Rhody is back in action these days as it looks like he has the lead role in Armor Wars

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, we're getting that already. Images of Iron Heart have leaked ahead of her apearance in Wakanda Forever and then her own show on Disney+
    Are we sure that isn't from the upcoming Armor Wars? I remember seeing an image of what appeared to be Riri's first suit, and it was far less than this.

And here is a problem I've had with Phase 4. Rhodey's spine was crushed in that crash. That wasn't something that could be fixed, hence why he wore the mechanized braces around his legs/waist. And yet, it was like they couldn't even bother to pull that out of storage for his cameo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Same thing with Hulk- he was shown to be Professor Hulk in Endgame, and yet when he appeared at the end of Shang-Chi, he was human again. And the clips I've seen from She-Hulk, his arm is completely healed again- which I hope we get an explanation for. I just want them to keep things consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Are we sure that isn't from the upcoming Armor Wars? I remember seeing an image of what appeared to be Riri's first suit, and it was far less than this.

And here is a problem I've had with Phase 4. Rhodey's spine was crushed in that crash. That wasn't something that could be fixed, hence why he wore the mechanized braces around his legs/waist. And yet, it was like they couldn't even bother to pull that out of storage for his cameo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Same thing with Hulk- he was shown to be Professor Hulk in Endgame, and yet when he appeared at the end of Shang-Chi, he was human again. And the clips I've seen from She-Hulk, his arm is completely healed again- which I hope we get an explanation for. I just want them to keep things consistent.
    Armor wars has just barely begun pre-production so no, this is definitely from Wakanda Forever or Iron Heart which are deep into production. Perhaps you're thinking of the images of what look to be her in a mocap suit:

But you can tell from the dots that this isn't what you'll actually see on screen and since what she is wearing there matches the full armor from before its safe to assume that's the look she'll have.

As for Rhody and Hulk getting better? I'm all for it and I don't need anything more than a shrug of the shoulders to explain it. It's a world with crazy space aliens, super soldiers, gods and giant green monsters so that people inexplicably "get better" after what would be debilitating injuries in real life is pretty low down on my list of things that stretch my suspension of disbelief.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-12-2022 at 01:37 PM.

It would be a potential approach when they inevitably reboot the Marvel MCU.

There are potential issues with this as a movie, though.

In the comics, "Demon in a Bottle" was part of a larger storyline building to Tony's realization that he's been screwing up and drinking too much. And then there's the big issue where he tries to get sober.

So this might work better in a TV show where stories can be told in an episodic matter.

For all the reasons Marvel was brave to do the story in the first place, Disney would be nervous about it. What will it do to toy sales? Did viewers looking for an action movie about a guy who wears armor want to see a B-plot about his realization that he's drinking too much? Will viewers who like alcohol find it off-putting?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Unlikely because Tony's dead and they aren't rushing to recast him outside of Animation.

But it could happen one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It would be a potential approach when they inevitably reboot the Marvel MCU.

There are potential issues with this as a movie, though.

In the comics, "Demon in a Bottle" was part of a larger storyline building to Tony's realization that he's been screwing up and drinking too much. And then there's the big issue where he tries to get sober.

So this might work better in a TV show where stories can be told in an episodic matter.

For all the reasons Marvel was brave to do the story in the first place, Disney would be nervous about it. What will it do to toy sales? Did viewers looking for an action movie about a guy who wears armor want to see a B-plot about his realization that he's drinking too much? Will viewers who like alcohol find it off-putting?
    These all raise good points, another one I think is Demon in a Bottle cinematic enough? It's an important comic, nut buts about it, but is it something people would be into seeing on the big screen?

These all raise good points, another one I think is Demon in a Bottle cinematic enough? It's an important comic, nut buts about it, but is it something people would be into seeing on the big screen?
    I think you could definitely make it into the emotional core of the story amidst all the traditional Superhero hijinks going on.

We deserve live-action Bethany Cabe! Of course she'd probably be race-bent black at this point .

Astonishing Member

Rhodey has stepped in 3 times. First was in the 80s. Then again in the 90s and once more in Fractions run around 2011/12.

Hence why I'd be perfectly fine if I never see them do it again in the comics.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 08-13-2022 at 01:52 PM.

I think the Armor Wars story was already adapted in an Iron Man animated cartoon in the 1990's. I watched it. I don't remember much but I remember the cartoon did the original story justice.

Looks good! I am not familiar with the comic book character, I have to say.

So would she be a new Avengers member in the MCU, filling in for Iron Man, potentially/ probably?