Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Default DC comics in July including Wonder Woman and ancillary titles

In case anyone wants to know rankings about comic sales, here is a link to a video which shows that DC is not doing very well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6R2im0ZW4

I think the best of the Wonder Woman titles is Wonder Woman at 130. The video shows the other titles and where they were ranked.

I really hope DC can do better than this.

*Clicks on link*

"Thinking Critical". Hmm, name sounds vaguely ominous giving the trend of Comic Book YouTube channels being trash fire.

*Looks at channel's videos*

Ah, there's the trash fire I was expecting.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-11-2022 at 09:43 AM.

What a philosophical conundrum, can a man without a brain think critically?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Incredible Member

He mostly criticises women and minority creators and characters, but I'm sure it's just coincidence and not the fact he's a frothing sexist, racist and homophobe.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    What a philosophical conundrum, can a man without a brain think critically?
    Okay, I laughed out loud.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I don’t know who this man is but he’s not wrong. DC comics is really just a character incubator and a testing ground for movie pitches at this point, they’re just throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks

It’s a bit sad to see Wonder Woman do so poorly but can’t say I’m surprised. They're not exactly putting their A-talent on Wonder Woman, but then they’ll blame the character for not selling

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I don’t know who this man is but he’s not wrong. DC comics is really just a character incubator and a testing ground for movie pitches at this point, they’re just throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks

It’s a bit sad to see Wonder Woman do so poorly but can’t say I’m surprised. They're not exactly putting their A-talent on Wonder Woman, but then they’ll blame the character for not selling
    Attacking the person and not the numbers doesn't make the numbers wrong lol

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post

I pretty much put the link to show actual sales ranks within the Wonder Woman universe.

Astonishing Member

So centre left people crying about progressive left stuff in their comics.

Also does he leaves out DC switching to different distributors? I dont watch talking heads.

Lets not forget problems irl effecting sales.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    attacking minorities, LGTB etc is not the solution either. They are not the reason why sales arre low.

Yes, fortunately I have the means to get the numbers not from a man who seems to make a living making silly faces for thumbnails.

Don't see me getting updates on the status of the U.S. from Donald Trump or Alex Jones.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-11-2022 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yes, fortunately I have the means to get the numbers not from a man who seems to make a living making silly faces for thumbnails.

Don't see me getting updates on the status of the U.S. from Donald Trump or Alex Jones.
    The of this thread is the numbers not the guys opinion or politics. So why are we not talking about the numbers? Why are dc's and ww numbers so low and what can they do to change that? It's not about his opinion.

So what's the point in attacking him? Sounds like using him as a scapegoat to be honest.

The of this thread is the numbers not the guys opinion or politics. So why are we not talking about the numbers? Why are dc's and ww numbers so low and what can they do to change that? It's not about his opinion.

So what's the point in attacking him?
    Share a video of a clown, people will comment on the clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    He mostly criticises women and minority creators and characters, but I'm sure it's just coincidence and not the fact he's a frothing sexist, racist and homophobe.
    Well, how CAN he be ANY of those things you list? After all, those things are ALL imaginary and don't really exist.

They have to be planning a line wide relaunch at this point after Dark Crisis. Don’t know what else they could possibly be planning. When Infinite Frontier kicked off people were comparing it to All-New All-Different Marvel and sales wise that seems to be the case. IF has been a flop. It’s a shame because there are a lot of books that came out during this era that I’ve loved, but DC needs to get itself together.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They have to be planning a line wide relaunch at this point after Dark Crisis. Don’t know what else they could possibly be planning. When Infinite Frontier kicked off people were comparing it to All-New All-Different Marvel and sales wise that seems to be the case. IF has been a flop. It’s a shame because there are a lot of books that came out during this era that I’ve loved, but DC needs to get itself together.
    I think it's reflective of the industry. Either everyone is on the Hollywood hype train or companies don't have a real long-term plan to increase sales or readership. By industry, I mean the Direct Market.