Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They have to be planning a line wide relaunch at this point after Dark Crisis. Don’t know what else they could possibly be planning. When Infinite Frontier kicked off people were comparing it to All-New All-Different Marvel and sales wise that seems to be the case. IF has been a flop. It’s a shame because there are a lot of books that came out during this era that I’ve loved, but DC needs to get itself together.
    Let us say there is a line wide relaunch that happens in the near future. What is going to change? Is the everything is canon still going to be gospel so editors don't have to give a **** what the writers are writing? Does Wonder Woman come out with top level writing talent and artists on her monthly? Does she even have a powerset that would be consistent within all the titles that she is in, including Black and Gold, Agent of Peace and Sensational Comics?

Well a line wide relaunch usually means new creative teams and I suspect Cloonrad would get taken off of WW. Other low sellers like Action have been critically acclaimed, but checking the comic book round up site it doesn’t look like Cloonrad’s run has gotten high critical scores.

I don’t know what it will mean with regards to continuity, guess we’ll see if Williamson messes with continuity yet again.

They’d probably want a woman to write WW, or at least a woman/man writing team like what we have now. Don’t know who they would pick from DC’s current roster. No one is an obvious choice. DC’s A-List writers right now are all men, and I don’t think this forum wants a WW book by Johns, Scott Snyder, or Tom Taylor. Si Spurrier is who I would pick based on his other fantasy work and that he has signaled out WW as a Leaguer he wants to do more with. Ivan Reis on art would be cool, he’s done Aquaman, GL, Batman and Superman but not WW yet.

Power levels aren’t consistent, never have been, never will be.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well a line wide relaunch usually means new creative teams and I suspect Cloonrad would get taken off of WW. Other low sellers like Action have been critically acclaimed, but checking the comic book round up site it doesn’t look like Cloonrad’s run has gotten high critical scores.

I don’t know what it will mean with regards to continuity, guess we’ll see if Williamson messes with continuity yet again.

They’d probably want a woman to write WW, or at least a woman/man writing team like what we have now. Don’t know who they would pick from DC’s current roster. No one is an obvious choice. DC’s A-List writers right now are all men, and I don’t think this forum wants a WW book by Johns, Scott Snyder, or Tom Taylor. Si Spurrier is who I would pick based on his other fantasy work and that he has signaled out WW as a Leaguer he wants to do more with. Ivan Reis on art would be cool, he’s done Aquaman, GL, Batman and Superman but not WW yet.

It'd be a real bummer if Cloonrad got pushed out because of a reboot rather than getting to leave on their own terms but sadly I don't doubt it will happen.

I could see them opting for a queer man, and if DC really did want to hire an A-lister I think James Tynion IV would fit the bill. He's obviously huge right now and he wrote a solid Diana in JLD so he has experience with the character.

Is it EXTREMELY unlikely that it would happen? Yes, he's gotta be the busiest man in comics whose first name isn't Tom. But the book would definitely sell like crazy.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Who? I don't know him.

Comics have never been consistent with Power levcels. But WW has the problem where the inconsistency goes beyond power levels. It affects her personality, origin, supporting cast etc. It is time for her to have better treatment than that.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    It'd be a real bummer if Cloonrad got pushed out because of a reboot rather than getting to leave on their own terms but sadly I don't doubt it will happen.

I could see them opting for a queer man, and if DC really did want to hire an A-lister I think James Tynion IV would fit the bill. He's obviously huge right now and he wrote a solid Diana in JLD so he has experience with the character.

Is it EXTREMELY unlikely that it would happen? Yes, he's gotta be the busiest man in comics whose first name isn't Tom. But the book would definitely sell like crazy.
    Tynion did a good job with Diana and Circe in JLD, I’d like to see him write her. But he was totally burnt out on cape books by the time he got Batman. He talks about it in his newsletter, he had fallen out of love with superheroes and would rather do indie stuff. He doesn’t rule out coming back but he said it would be a long while before that happened. I can’t see him accepting.

If I had to pick someone from the current line of writers I’d ask Spurrier. He’s said he wants to do more with her, he’s a good fantasy writer as seen with his Dreaming book, and I think he’d give her the “feats” a lot of people have been asking for. I don’t know if he’s have any interest in her Rogues beyond maybe Circe and Cheetah though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

The problem is as old as time itself: will Diana ever get any A-List talents on her book?

Tynion did a good job with Diana and Circe in JLD, I’d like to see him write her. But he was totally burnt out on cape books by the time he got Batman. He talks about it in his newsletter, he had fallen out of love with superheroes and would rather do indie stuff. He doesn’t rule out coming back but he said it would be a long while before that happened. I can’t see him accepting.

If I had to pick someone from the current line of writers I’d ask Spurrier. He’s said he wants to do more with her, he’s a good fantasy writer as seen with his Dreaming book, and I think he’d give her the “feats” a lot of people have been asking for. I don’t know if he’s have any interest in her Rogues beyond maybe Circe and Cheetah though.
    Spurrier would cool. Maybe a BL project if he wasn't interested in another monthly.

I'd say KSD also but I think she's another writer whose done with mainstream corporate comics, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Spurrier would cool. Maybe a BL project if he wasn't interested in another monthly.

I'd say KSD also but I think she's another writer whose done with mainstream corporate comics, for the most part.
    She’d be awesome but I thought she had already said she didn’t want to do a WW ongoing? And that’s of course not taking into account how her and Fraction are neck deep in Hollywood at the moment where they get paid more writing scripts which never get greenlit than they’d ever make doing a Big 2 ongoing.

She’d be awesome but I thought she had already said she didn’t want to do a WW ongoing? And that’s of course not taking into account how her and Fraction are neck deep in Hollywood at the moment where they get paid more writing scripts which never get greenlit than they’d ever make doing a Big 2 ongoing.
    KSD was more of a "dream world", I'll admit.

Yeah, she did say she wouldn't be interested in an ongoing. Think the only other DC project I could see her (aside from finishing Historia) would be a Lois Lane project.