Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I agree...the whole "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" is tired and boring AF.
    And Maddie has been there-did that...twice. So I really hope Vita doesn't send her down that road, either. Here's to competent Hell-Lord, Maddie.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm all for character redemption but not at great tactical risk. This totally dwarfs Rogue joining the X-Men or Emma co-training Generation X. As a Captain, Illyana should appreciate how dangerous and possibly volatile Maddie is already before adding Limbo rulership into the mix. I think Illyana sees too much of herself in Maddie, and that's clouding her judgement along with her own understandable desire to be rid of Limbo. I want to see Maddie stir the pot like the bad ass she is, just not at the expense of common sense on the X-Men's parts.

If this does stick, I hope Maddie is a competent ruler and doesn't go crazy again. That's tired.
    The only other mutant I see ruling Limbo is Selene. So Maddie is not that bad an option. Remember good girl Amanda Sefton was chewed out by Limbo in a very short time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree...the whole "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" is tired and boring AF.
    And Maddie has been there-did that...twice. So I really hope Vita doesn't send her down that road, either. Here's to competent Hell-Lord, Maddie.
    I’m with you on that. I’d love to see a competent Hell Lord Maddie. I think Dani and Rahne are for a reason. They pointed out to Maddie she took her anger out on people who never harmed her. So while she’s teaming up with Ben Reilly, she’s really going after Scott and Jean and Peter(who harmed Ben Reilly in Maddie’s mind) she is showing growth, in a twisted way. I think she will show a lot more growth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    The only other mutant I see ruling Limbo is Selene. So Maddie is not that bad an option. Remember good girl Amanda Sefton was chewed out by Limbo in a very short time.
    Yes. Selene was Illyana’d only other option. Of course Selene would order her demons to bring people back to Limbo so she could eat their souls.

Maddie is a good choice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh, the ways I am simply RAVENOUS for the Gold Armor, Nu-Soulsword, GLOW UP reveal of this issue.

I say to myself that I WON'T comb through twitter immediately when I wake up on Wednesday to see it in all its glory.
    I say that I will wait for 3pm, when I get off work, to claim my copy from my LCS, and bask in the page-turn reveal.
    I say these things.
    But I am WEAK.

I sure do hope it doesn't take TOO long for the Labors of Magik to be collected in trade because I would like it sooner than later, despite having the floppies already.
    The trade is scheduled to come out in November. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/13...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm always scared to comment on new mutant threads because i feel it will get delayed. lol. now that i know is paranoia but i can't help it. but since i'm here. Leeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttsss GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Loving all the characters in this book and in the words of the great leona lewis for maddie and illyana "opeeeeeeeeeeeeeen uuuuuuuuuuuuppppp theeeeeeeeeeeee caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAge!! Caaaaauuuuuuuse your loooooooooooooove biiiiird flllllllllIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIiiing aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawAaaaaaaay.. cause my heart been stuuuck in a caaaaaaAaaaaaage!" ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Damn Maddie's speech converted me into a believer!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Maddie is saying all this BUT I wonder what wells is going to do in Dark Web.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

This is Ayala's last issue before a new writer jumps on right?

If so, I'll miss Ayala's writing talk about a breath of fresh air.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

No, that should be #30.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The trade is scheduled to come out in November. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/13...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks for the leg work, SoDC!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Damn Maddie's speech converted me into a believer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Maddie is saying all this BUT I wonder what wells is going to do in Dark Web.
    That's exactly the problem. Her speech may be great, but we all know this thing is immediately going to backfire.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Danny Lore is filling in on #29 for a Warpath/Daken story, Ayala is back on #30 for the anniversary issue along with a Deadpool story by Alyssa Wong, Charlie Jane Anders is filling in with an Escapade-focused arc for #31-33, and then presumably Ayala is back but we don’t know.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Danny Lore is filling in on #29 for a Warpath/Daken story, Ayala is back on #30 for the anniversary issue along with a Deadpool story by Alyssa Wong, Charlie Jane Anders is filling in with an Escapade-focused arc for #31-33, and then presumably Ayala is back but we don’t know.
    ok thanks. I guess I gotta wait and see

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While I LOVE the original NM above all else...I wouldn't mind if NM actually evolved into a book about the new younger mutants from across the different eras. Where it becomes an "anthology" type book written in two/three issues story arcs but featuring different writers touching on the lives of those secondary characters. The core NM could be present as mentors/teachers but they're not the main focus of the stories at least not all the time.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!