View Poll Results: Do you still plan on seeing the Flash movie?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

27 40.91%
  • No.

26 39.39%
  • Not sure yet/still on the fence

13 19.70%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I am a hopeless Flash fan, and I've been on the fence about this movie from the get-go.
    It sounded like the Flash was going to be a guest star of his own flick, and the more news that comes out about Miller makes even more on edge.
    If it IS released, I MAY watch it on streaming or DVD out of pure morbid curiosity. I'm definitely NOT excited about it.
    ^^^I was never going to watch it in theaters so yeah I’ll still watch it.
    Ezra isn’t The Flash for me, Gustin is so he (Ezra) was never the main draw in this movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Given everything that's come out about Ezra Miller in the last few months, do you still plan to see the Flash movie when/if it comes out? Of course WBD may decide to kill it any day now but if they don't, would you still watch it? Is Miller's behavior a deal breaker for you?
    I'm not especially proud of this, but yes. The Flash/Barry Allen is my favorite superhero and I grew up with Keaton as Batman. And I love multiverse stuff. I'm deeply disturbed by Miller's behavior and it definitely hampers my enjoyment of the movie, but on the other hand it feels pretty hypocritical when I think of how many bands I listen to with problematic members or movies that i like that have had gross people as directors (half the X-Men movies) or actors. Hell, I like Edgar Allan Poe. I'm not saying the terrible behavior doesn't bother me or that I don't care, but I have very complicated and conflicted feelings about this stuff.

So, yeah, I'll see it, but I won't enjoy it nearly as much as I would have pre-grooming accusations.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 08-11-2022 at 07:55 PM.

If it comes out...maybe. I'll have to see trailers.

No, I don't feel good about financially supporting it under the circumstances and I'm still mad over Batgirl.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since I haven't watched any DCEU movies anyway I'll just wait until they done rebooting

Astonishing Member

Yes, I'll see it in the theaters. I find the idea of boycotting a movie over one actor silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I wasn’t going to see it in theaters to begin with, but I’d watch it for no extra charge on tv or streaming
    Same. I actually never go to the cinema. TV though, sure. No guarantee it'll get a TV airing though, especially in the US where it can go to HBO Max or whatever replaces it when it merges with Discovery+.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    No, I don't feel good about financially supporting it under the circumstances and I'm still mad over Batgirl.
    Either wait for it to air on TV or pirate it then (obviously I won't tell you how!). Streamers are ruled out since you'll have to pay for HBO Max or it's successor.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Regardless of this Ezra Miller debacle, I wouldn't watch it anyway. I will not give my money to something made specifically to **** on and erase everything Zack Snyder did in the DCEU.
    Last edited by Thomas Crown; 08-12-2022 at 08:37 AM.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Regardless of this Ezra Miller debacle, I wouldn't watch anyway. I will not give my money to something made specifically to **** on and erase everything Zack Snyder did in the DCEU.
    I may just watch it then just for that reason. Bye bye Snyder.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Retired

I think I read on these boards that they took Michael Keaton's scenes out of this movie and replaced them with Ben Affleck scenes.

It seems to me the thing that got people hyped for the movie was Keaton returning in the role of Bruce Wayne. For me that was certainly a big draw.

It would be like if there was a new movie that brought back Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker. I imagine if they ever did a Marvel movie like that, they could make a billion dollars.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think I read on these boards that they took Michael Keaton's scenes out of this movie and replaced them with Ben Affleck scenes.
    That's the rumor for Aquaman 2, not Flash.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I may just watch it then just for that reason. Bye bye Snyder.
    I mean, when put like that, it's mighty tempting...
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Retired

I still consider the pandemic to be a thing. Some people don't think it is, but a few of my siblings have got the virus recently after managing to stay safe for over two years. There is supposed to be a fourth shot soon, so I'm waiting on that. Maybe if I get that shot and I'm feeling okay, I'll be willing to go into a theatre. But right now seeing movies in the theatre is not an option. I just wait for streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Either wait for it to air on TV or pirate it then (obviously I won't tell you how!). Streamers are ruled out since you'll have to pay for HBO Max or it's successor.
    i was thinking DVD from the library if I ever ended up seeing it (like Michael Keaton, but I honestly didn't like Ezra Miller as Flash that much even before all the charges started happening).

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Regardless of this Ezra Miller debacle, I wouldn't watch it anyway. I will not give my money to something made specifically to **** on and erase everything Zack Snyder did in the DCEU.
    Frankly, the Snyderverse was already erased (his movies were canceled, Justice League was heavily retooled, certain elements -- like Wonder Woman's backstory and details r.e. Aquaman -- were retconned, the Snyder Cut was firmly established to be non-canon from day one and a one-off project, the post-JL movies were doing their own thing, etc.). If the Flash movie was to show the Snyderverse reality being erased via time travel or something, it would just be a formality, icing on the cake we were given a long time ago.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Wasn't interested in seeing it before the Ezra stuff because I tend to find the Flashes boring.