View Poll Results: Do you still plan on seeing the Flash movie?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

27 40.91%
  • No.

26 39.39%
  • Not sure yet/still on the fence

13 19.70%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Very excited to see it.

I personally don't care what he's done.

Most people have skeletons in there closets. Humans aren't perfect. Politicians aren't perfect. Producers aren't perfect. Musicians aren't perfect. Business owners aren't perfect.

If I black listed every business, movie or product cause someone does bad stuff I'd die of starvation, be unclothed, Live in nothing, own nothing. Never have a phone etc etc

Personally I think people are crazy now adays with this cancel culture stuff

The world needs forgiveness, reform, second chances and helping out a people with mental health problems or substance abuse problems.

I'm less bothered by ezra then the people that just wanna flush every none perfect human down the toilet.

Like eesh he who is with out sin, cast the first stone.

And I'm not even religious. Just someone with empathy and hope for my fellow humans

Plus this movie looks dope!

It's got Keaton as Batman, so probably. Plus I like Supergirl.

Well, among the other accusations is grooming, kidnapping, and I think statutory rape. So not exactly your run of the mill "personal failings and flaws."

I do agree with your sentiment though; I don't begrudge the work for the failings and flaws of the creator. Had no interest in Flash to begin with so it makes no difference, but I don't boycott a product because the people behind it are d-bags.

But if even half the rumors are true then Miller isn't just a d-bag, they're a f*cking monster who belongs in either jail or a shallow grave, depending on what they're actually guilty of and how one feels about capital punishment. If they're guilty of the rape, then I vote for the shallow grave.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, among the other accusations is grooming, kidnapping, and I think statutory rape. So not exactly your run of the mill "personal failings and flaws."

I do agree with your sentiment though; I don't begrudge the work for the failings and flaws of the creator. Had no interest in Flash to begin with so it makes no difference, but I don't boycott a product because the people behind it are d-bags.

But if even half the rumors are true then Miller isn't just a d-bag, they're a f*cking monster who belongs in either jail or a shallow grave, depending on what they're actually guilty of and how one feels about capital punishment. If they're guilty of the rape, then I vote for the shallow grave.
    Him going to jail would make sense though as he'd be getting punished.

Scrapping the movie wouldn't make sense as you'd be punishing the entire cast and crew, everyone that worked on the film.... thousands of people. This film could literally turn Sasha Calle (Supergirl) into a house hold name and superstar... should she suffer because of miller's crimes?

On top of that he's been arrested and accused... I mean at this point do we know anything 100%?

I mean 6 years ago people wanted Johnny Depps blood... look how that turned out

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Scrapping the movie wouldn't make sense as you'd be punishing the entire cast and crew, everyone that worked on the film.... thousands of people. This film could literally turn Sasha Calle (Supergirl) into a house hold name and superstar... should she suffer because of miller's crimes?
    Oh I'm with you on that. Release the thing. I never intended to watch it but plenty of people will. The actions of one person shouldn't be held against a movie that so many people made. I got nothing against the folks who'll skip Flash because of the accusations of course, we each gotta do what we feel is right and proper, but that's how I see it.

On top of that he's been arrested and accused... I mean at this point do we know anything 100%?
    Nope, I don't know anything 100%. I'm not celeb obsessed like some folks are either, so I probably haven't even heard all the rumors. Which is why I try to say something like "if it's true" in my posts, just to reinforce that I'm talking about hypotheticals (I probably forget to sometimes). At this point I don't think Miller's been found guilty of anything by a judge or jury, so benefit of the doubt. But if they are guilty of some or all of this, then they should face equivalent justice just like everyone else. And I'm sure everyone agrees with that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Oh I'm with you on that. Release the thing. I never intended to watch it but plenty of people will. The actions of one person shouldn't be held against a movie that so many people made. I got nothing against the folks who'll skip Flash because of the accusations of course, we each gotta do what we feel is right and proper, but that's how I see it.

Nope, I don't know anything 100%. I'm not celeb obsessed like some folks are either, so I probably haven't even heard all the rumors. Which is why I try to say something like "if it's true" in my posts, just to reinforce that I'm talking about hypotheticals (I probably forget to sometimes). At this point I don't think Miller's been found guilty of anything by a judge or jury, so benefit of the doubt. But if they are guilty of some or all of this, then they should face equivalent justice just like everyone else. And I'm sure everyone agrees with that.
    Some of the accusations seem overblown by the media. For example, the "kidnapping" and "being on the run" stuff was basically Miller just ducking court papers and the parents of that girl wanting her to come home, but she's 18 and supposedly with Ezra willingly, so it's not exactly as it's been portrayed. She also denies any grooming stuff, although that's also something she would say if she WERE groomed, so I take that with a big grain of salt.

It's really the accusation of grooming that girl and the neighbor claiming Ezra was really creepy towards their kid that are the most upsetting to me. I'm not a big fan of putting people into a "shallow grave" or throwing them to the wolves in our draconian prison system, but if those things are true, obviously something has to be done to keep them from harming any kids, be it an institution or something. Those are the accusations that turn my stomach the most and impede my ability to potentially enjoy the movie.

The other stuff fits what I've heard that they've always had mental issues and some terrible things happened to them that triggered a severe breakdown and massive drug use. And while it's disturbing, I can have some grace for somebody that's just hurting and unwell. Maybe it's because my main obsession outside of comics is rock and roll and punk music, so artists I like being drugged up lunatics is kind of routine for me. I think I'm a little desensitized to this stuff after reading Slash's autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    It's really the accusation of grooming that girl and the neighbor claiming Ezra was really creepy towards their kid that are the most upsetting to me.
    Same. I'm not bothered by much (I'm from a family of truckers, bikers, and soldiers so not much phases me, and probably should've been arrested a few times myself, back in the day, for my own mischief), but I draw a real deep line in the sand when it comes to sexual abuse. *Especially* when it involves minors. I got a little girl, I can't imagine what I'd do if something like that happened to her, but I know how I'd react if I got my hands on the person responsible. My wife works with victims of domestic violence, sex trafficking, etc., and that hasn't done anything to dull my opinion on the matter.

99% of the time? Yeah, I'm no fan of our draconian prison system either. There's a lot of stuff we still do that doesn't actually work, unless the goal is to keep poor people (like I used to be) from improving their lives. But when it comes to this specific kind of crime? I have no mercy. No forgiveness. I've seen and heard what it does to people too many times, and a life spent in prison, getting three squares and free healthcare....that's not justice. Not for this kind of crime. In my opinion, obviously, and I certainly don't begrudge anyone who feels differently. I'm aware that my opinion on this skews towards the extreme, but again, I've seen the fallout too much to have any mercy left in me for abusers and rapists.

I'd like to believe that Miller is innocent of that, just like Depp was. Time will tell, and hopefully justice will be found for all involved.

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Same. I'm not bothered by much (I'm from a family of truckers, bikers, and soldiers so not much phases me, and probably should've been arrested a few times myself, back in the day, for my own mischief), but I draw a real deep line in the sand when it comes to sexual abuse. *Especially* when it involves minors. I got a little girl, I can't imagine what I'd do if something like that happened to her, but I know how I'd react if I got my hands on the person responsible. My wife works with victims of domestic violence, sex trafficking, etc., and that hasn't done anything to dull my opinion on the matter.

99% of the time? Yeah, I'm no fan of our draconian prison system either. There's a lot of stuff we still do that doesn't actually work, unless the goal is to keep poor people (like I used to be) from improving their lives. But when it comes to this specific kind of crime? I have no mercy. No forgiveness. I've seen and heard what it does to people too many times, and a life spent in prison, getting three squares and free healthcare....that's not justice. Not for this kind of crime. In my opinion, obviously, and I certainly don't begrudge anyone who feels differently. I'm aware that my opinion on this skews towards the extreme, but again, I've seen the fallout too much to have any mercy left in me for abusers and rapists.

I'd like to believe that Miller is innocent of that, just like Depp was. Time will tell, and hopefully justice will be found for all involved.
    I don't know if you're aware, but it's not exactly a country club in there, especially for people like that. A lot of them are victims themselves, broken from an early age from the same abuse. It isn't an excuse and it doesn't make that behavior any less vile, but brutality and sadism isn't going to fix anything either. It's just adding ugliness on top of ugliness and it doesn't do anything except make you a criminal too.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 08-14-2022 at 05:17 PM.

Pass.

I've no interest in watching a Flash movie where Flash is at best the 4th most interesting character within it.

And that's before you get to the Ezra Miller problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't know if you're aware, but it's not exactly a country club in there, especially for people like that.
    I'm aware of both the awful conditions in American prisons as well as the sad backstories a lot of these people have and the abuse that shaped them into abusers. I've seen it firsthand, studied it some in college (not my major, however, so take that for what it is), I hear about it every day. I'm no expert but I'm pretty informed. I remain underwhelmed. In my opinion, and like I said I know I'm on the extreme end on this one so my view is worth squat, but in my opinion rape should be a death sentence. I don't normally support capital punishment, the statistics don't tell us that it actually works, but there's three crimes where I support it anyway, and this is one of them. I don't expect people to agree with me and I'm not trying to change minds, it's just where I come down on it.

But none of this is what we all came here to talk about, and I certainly didn't mean to derail the conversation. It was just an off hand comment that didn't really mean anything. My apologies for that.

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I wasn’t going to see it in theaters to begin with, but I’d watch it for no extra charge on tv or streaming
    Yeah, I might do the same. I thought as an actor, Ezra Miller was fine in JLA -- but he's unlike any version of Barry Allen I know. Maybe he could have worked as Wally West -- whom he seems much more like.

Sure, I'll watch it. Miller is a good actor, even if as a person, they're clearly an unstable mess.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have never been a big fan of Miller's Flash to begin with so right now I am waiting to see a trailer. If that looks good I might watch it, but it is by no means on my must see list.

I didn't have any plans to before the drama. It's just not a story I care about, with players I don't really care about. The only thing of interest to me was finding out what the status quo was going to be after it was over. And from what was originally going to happen come to find out, I'd have hated that. Now who knows. If it ever does get released at this point I could see it ending a lot more closed ended than originally designed,considering everything being canceled or majorly delayed.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-24-2022 at 04:20 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned here, but Ezra Miller received a slap on the wrist on much reduced charges.

Details are available here.
    Last edited by Brian B; 01-17-2023 at 09:38 PM.