Ikaris: Don't kill any Eternals

Jean:

Ikaris: I meant the popular ones

Jean:
    there ya go, THIS IS the BEST...
    U WIN[ner]!!!!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Welp he does have a point. We all know its more than just killing Eternals.
    When he reveals that fact to Mutants, I'll care. But for now, he's just saying "don't kill these things that are actively murdering you".

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ikaris: Don't kill any Eternals

Jean:

Ikaris: I meant the popular ones

Jean:
    This is how I picture that conversation:

714.jpg

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    He wouldn't really have any way of knowing. He's one of the least adept when it comes to telepathy of the Eternals, he's basically just mostly a brick. And the Eternals being made aware of the war wouldn't have any way of actively viewing it. So unless someone like Sprite or Sersi went out of their way to scan it he kinda only would know surface details.
    Yeah, that's a fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    DANG it, Cyclone, you & Jben beat me to it!! That's the same thing that popped into my head, too - WOO... LET's GO!!
    I KNOW RIGHT?! I swear that was the 1st thing that caught my attention when I looked at the Big Splash Page. I can hear Scott Screaming for dear life.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Polaris had her coffee, Forge has his Mai Tai.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Lotta people on egg on their face now that it's absolutely clear the Eternals are being forced to do this against their will basically
    The Hex might be doing it against there will, but that’s because they’ve been asleep since Uranos was sealed away and haven’t actually accumulated enough personality

Most of the other Eternals are onboard because they’ve run out of reasons to care. Every fibre of their beings are hard coded with their personalities and quirks in service of a designated mission that has ended. They have no purpose, no ability to change, no hope; and not even really the ability to take that hopelessness out on others anymore

So they turn to Thanos and prospect of cosmic genocide; or Druig and smaller scale genocide; anything that might make the last million years feel worth it

hmmm. this doesn't feel as strong as duggan own vision to be honest and i think he is writing to the alpha personality in the group. jmo. why does jean need to wait for help. and i don't get the imagery of the eternal holding jean hand all romantically almost when given the words of "oh pre tell such a stunning powerful women of beauty, maybe we over looked mutants." and i get that was going out as a compliment but as a reader it didn't feel like one and felt outdated. especially when you later add the conversation of him telling her the only way he will help. Also the pulling him in the mind doesn't feel like anything when you have broadcasting the entire terraforming of mars from emma via iceman to multiple people on earth but we are suppose to feel this is a big deal for what is suppose to be an omega level telepath. I mean it's nothing wrong with it but something tells me duggans voice may be more subdued them direct or loud and maybe those more sensitive to it hear it? I don't know this just doesn't feel like what Duggan says about Jean vs. What he puts on page but it's only a preview. I was following x-men but i think i'm dropping it for the next few issues. If it was Larraz maybe but naw.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    hmmm. this doesn't feel as strong as duggan own vision to be honest and i think he is writing to the alpha personality in the group. jmo. why does jean need to wait for help. and i don't get the imagery of the eternal holding jean hand all romantically almost when given the words of "oh pre tell such a stunning powerful women of beauty, maybe we over looked mutants." and i get that was going out as a compliment but as a reader it didn't feel like one and felt outdated. especially when you later add the conversation of him telling her the only way he will help. Also the pulling him in the mind doesn't feel like anything when you have broadcasting the entire terraforming of mars from emma via iceman to multiple people on earth but we are suppose to feel this is a big deal for what is suppose to be an omega level telepath. I mean it's nothing wrong with it but something tells me duggans voice may be more subdued them direct or loud and maybe those more sensitive to it hear it? I don't know this just doesn't feel like what Duggan says about Jean vs. What he puts on page but it's only a preview. I was following x-men but i think i'm dropping it for the next few issues. If it was Larraz maybe but naw.
    Duggan mentioned on twitter that Emma had the cuckoo’s help during the first gala. Which is why in a later issue of Marauders she couldnt reach Mars telepathically from outside it’s orbit.

But I agree with you Jean bringing ikaris into her mind doesnt seem all that impressive. What duggan says and what he shows doesnt match up. Plus it’s not very creative. I miss how cerebral Morrison made telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Duggan mentioned on twitter that Emma had the cuckoo’s help during the first gala. Which is why in a later issue of Marauders she couldnt reach Mars telepathically from outside it’s orbit.

But I agree with you Jean bringing ikaris into her mind doesnt seem all that impressive. What duggan says and what he shows doesnt match up. Plus it’s not very creative. I miss how cerebral Morrison made telepathy.
    And i really could get that but what confuses me is all those data pages about the satellites put in space specifically to make communication to mars easier so i feel like i'm missing something as admittedly i did not read the lastest event issue and have no intent to right now but i don't remember it ever being mentioned they were destroyed in the first issue or immortal.

In planet size charles presumably communicated with Ororo on his own from mars. Remember she simple thinks "charles, it's ready." and xavier is able to hear and speak with her. Which based on that doesn't make ewing statement in red so off about charles when we look at the actual recent canon which from what i've read he always respects for the most part.

And i'm just referring to the current era and it's canon. it really does sometimes feels like your mentally punished for buying too many books in a shared universe. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-12-2022 at 02:55 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The Red Dragon

And i really could get that but what confuses me is all those data pages about the satellites put in space specifically to make communication to mars easier so i feel like i'm missing something as admittedly i did not read the lastest event issue and have no intent to right now but i don't remember it ever being mentioned they were destroyed in the first issue or immortal.

In planet size charles presumably communicated with Ororo on his own from mars. Remember she simple thinks "charles, it's ready." and xavier is able to hear and speak with her. Which based on that doesn't make ewing statement in red so off about charles when we look at the actual recent canon which from what i've read he always respects for the most part.

And i'm just referring to the current era and it's canon. it really does sometimes feels like your mentally punished for buying too many books in a shared universe. lol
    Yep agreed. When they cant follow their own canon or contradict it, it bothers me more than it should. The little inconsistencies add up to where it ultimately just takes me out of the narrative.

Recently Jean felt the screams during Uranos’ attack on mars and I think she had reached out to sword station near mars during the first vote. But range isnt that impressive since others have done it too. Doesn’t feel omega in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Yep agreed. When they cant follow their own canon or contradict it, it bothers me more than it should. The little inconsistencies add up to where it ultimately just takes me out of the narrative.

Recently Jean felt the screams during Uranos’ attack on mars and I think she had reached out to sword station near mars during the first vote. But range isnt that impressive since others have done it too. Doesn’t feel omega in that sense.
    Especially this. I really try to give writers a chance in the first few issues to set their continuity in the current one but when you cross that, and maybe it's me it's hard to stay in the story. I mean little things happen sometime but duggan writing charles speaking to ororo from earth when she is on mars and emma broadcasting the hellfire gala to multiple people while on earth, same writer, same era, makes it hard to think of jean pulling an eternal into her mind as impressive. We saw her get into a god's mind in king in black alone. But then even taking that out the writer himself has shown emma and charles doing more impressive things than an omega telepath.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The Red Dragon

Especially this. I really try to give writers a chance in the first few issues to set their continuity in the current one but when you cross that, and maybe it's me it's hard to stay in the story. I mean little things happen sometime but duggan writing charles speaking to ororo from earth when she is on mars and emma broadcasting the hellfire gala to multiple people while on earth, same writer, same era, makes it hard to think of jean pulling an eternal into her mind as impressive. We saw her get into a god's mind in king in black alone. But then even taking that out the writer himself has shown emma and charles doing more impressive things than an omega telepath.
    So at the top of my head, Jean reached out to the sword station near Mars during the first vote, tracked Laura from earth while she and Lady Deathstrike were flung into deep space near Mars, and then recently heard the screams from Mars.

BUT like you said, if that’s supposed to set apart because she’s omega, it defeats the point when non omegas do it too. Which is why it’s no longer impressive. When everyone is a super, no one is a super.

Same thing with this preview. We’re told it’s a powerful feat, but in the scope of things it doesnt feel like it. Like at all.

In fairness it's Ikaris who is impressed and I don't think he gets out much. He's saying that Eternals have pretty much overlooked mutants and they shouldn't have.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    In fairness it's Ikaris who is impressed and I don't think he gets out much. He's saying that Eternals have pretty much overlooked mutants and they shouldn't have.
    Exactatiously...
    nobody said she was pulling feats out of thin air. Maybe she really isn't and this is just her in a casual moment while the fighting is going on around her.

A bit of skepticism is okies but dogpiling on the character and the writers in subsequent appearances is...is...there isn't a word I can use that won't get be perma-banned.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!