Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I think it's less about the distance and moreso the multitasking sum of several parts. Jean pulling his mind into hers is more than just communicating with his mind(it vaguely reminded me of when Jean told Emma we're no longer in your mind, your thoughts are enfolded in mine). Maybe being on her mental turf provides more veracity. And she is still actively attacking and defending in the physical plane. In fact, maybe that's why Jean did it that way, as telepaths usually are unconscious/vulnerable when they project their mind into another or to the astral plane

The artwork could have been more illustrative IMO...imaging a sequence of side-by-side panels of her spliting, a smokey pink astral figure entering the mindscape conversation with Ikaris juxtaposed with her physical actions with the X-Men and dealing with the Hex. Also the art, with Jean "dropping in" and "taking off", made it look more like Jean was the one entering and leaving Ikaris' mind rather than the stated inverse.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    So at the top of my head, Jean reached out to the sword station near Mars during the first vote, tracked Laura from earth while she and Lady Deathstrike were flung into deep space near Mars, and then recently heard the screams from Mars.

BUT like you said, if that’s supposed to set apart because she’s omega, it defeats the point when non omegas do it too. Which is why it’s no longer impressive. When everyone is a super, no one is a super.

Same thing with this preview. We’re told it’s a powerful feat, but in the scope of things it doesnt feel like it. Like at all.
    Tbf, in both instances of Emma or Charles reaching Mars they needed external assistance. Emma with the Cuckoos and Charles with Cerebro, Jean has done similarly alone more often and while in hostile situations.

Even though, I agree a clearer distinction could be made, interested to see what Duggan does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Forge was... sunbathing on the beach while the Hex attacked Krakoa?
    Much more than that , why is his right foot and leg still cybernetic , and now apparently also his right arm and hand is too (when before it was just his right hand , and he already returned it to organic form as of Dennis Hopeless’ Cable and XForce a decade ago IRL) when he has already been physically resurrected by the Five after getting killed in the crucible in order to restore his powers removed by Moira ?!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    Much more than that , why is his right foot and leg still cybernetic , and now apparently also his right arm and hand is too (when before it was just his right hand , and he already returned it to organic form as of Dennis Hopeless’ Cable and XForce a decade ago IRL) when he has already been physically resurrected by the Five after getting killed in the crucible in order to restore his powers removed by Moira ?!
    It's the same with Karma and Cable, the writers think that disability define a person.

Personally, i think they should be restored to their original self before any injuries.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It's the same with Karma and Cable, the writers think that disability define a person.

Personally, i think they should be restored to their original self before any injuries.
    They should now have Karma also have a cybernetic arm above her cybernetic leg , so she that she can continue to be his female counterpart in terms of prosthetics LOL

As a longtime Synch fan who thought we'd never see him again, it tickles me to see him interact with characters he hasn't spent much time with in the past. I can just imagine the jokes and banter between him and Bobby as they glide around.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Oh my, the artist and/or colorist made an error...

'til this minor, editing oversight is corrected.

Also, it's funny to me that some are zeroing in on Jean's 'feat' in that scene. I never even made note of what was she was doin', but instead how she was interacting with Ikarus and the information he was divulging... or wasn't/hasn't yet [in the preview]. But perhaps it was his apparent reverence for her, that caused others to focus on the power of her play, as opposed to the mechanics of it.

And if IIRC, it took Chuck, 'Ro, and the Kooks combined, to reach Jean in HoX #4's suicide mission.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    As a longtime Synch fan who thought we'd never see him again, it tickles me to see him interact with characters he hasn't spent much time with in the past. I can just imagine the jokes and banter between him and Bobby as they glide around.
    Its particularly interesting in Bobby's case, because alongside the fact that Synch is now several hundred years older than Bobby is the fact that Bobby was one of the more frequent guest professors back when Ev was at school, with Emma as his headmistress. In fact, he, Angelo and Jubilee used to gossip about Bobby as one of their teachers.

Ev: Man, I remember when I was seventeen and me and my friends were all gossiping about how hilariously awkward it was when Emma asked you to be her date to chaperone our school dance, because she wanted to make Sean jealous. All things considered, its even funnier now.

Bobby: You're over six hundred years old and THAT'S the memory you've retained from childhood? Hey y'know, what if we didn't reminisce actually.

Ev, laughing and calling out as Bobby walks away: To be clear, its not funny because you were gay, its funny because now you're sleeping with Emma's brother!

Alex: Don't worry about it, Bobby's sense of humor has always mysteriously vanished the second he's part of the punchline.

Ev: Hey Alex, ask me about our old gossip about the love triangle between you, him and Lorna. Go on, ask me.

Alex: Oh look at that, I think Bobby needs my help over there in the other room, far, far away from you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Same here, it's one of the things I'm looking forward to most. I think the irrepressible Iceman'll be a welcome counter to the sometimes too serious others Everett's been mostly surrounded by, up 'til now. And I think he can do the same for AleX, also, who's often been too eager to prove himself.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 08-13-2022 at 05:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Its particularly interesting in Bobby's case, because alongside the fact that Synch is now several hundred years older than Bobby is the fact that Bobby was one of the more frequent guest professors back when Ev was at school, with Emma as his headmistress. In fact, he, Angelo and Jubilee used to gossip about Bobby as one of their teachers.

Ev: Man, I remember when I was seventeen and me and my friends were all gossiping about how hilariously awkward it was when Emma asked you to be her date to chaperone our school dance, because she wanted to make Sean jealous. All things considered, its even funnier now.

Bobby: You're over six hundred years old and THAT'S the memory you've retained from childhood? Hey y'know, what if we didn't reminisce actually.

Ev, laughing and calling out as Bobby walks away: To be clear, its not funny because you were gay, its funny because now you're sleeping with Emma's brother!

Alex: Don't worry about it, Bobby's sense of humor has always mysteriously vanished the second he's part of the punchline.

Ev: Hey Alex, ask me about our old gossip about the love triangle between you, him and Lorna. Go on, ask me.

Alex: Oh look at that, I think Bobby needs my help over there in the other room, far, far away from you.
    Very nice, this was good... kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

LOL I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Same here, it's one of the things I'm looking forward to most. I think the irrepressible Iceman'll be a welcome counter to the sometimes too serious others Everett's been mostly surrounded by, up 'til now. And I think he can do the same for AleX, also, who's often been too eager to prove himself.
    Agreed completely on both. There's so much fun potential with the coming interactions of this team. I continue to be over the moon about Synch's return and status.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Great preview! One of my favorite things about the House of X/Powers of X X-Men comics is that Jean Grey is shown as a powerhouse without the Phoenix Force. It clearly establishes that she doesn't need it to do the kinds of remarkable feats that make her one of the most powerful psychics. She's had plenty of opportunities to flex that skill, going back to X-men Red. And now she gets to play a major role in one of the biggest conflicts they've faced in the Krakoa era. I know she'll be getting a larger focus in a future issue, but it's so refreshing to see Jean get to be front and center in a major crossover event. Given how long she was dead, I find myself taking even greater enjoyment in this event.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Great preview! One of my favorite things about the House of X/Powers of X X-Men comics is that Jean Grey is shown as a powerhouse without the Phoenix Force. It clearly establishes that she doesn't need it to do the kinds of remarkable feats that make her one of the most powerful psychics. She's had plenty of opportunities to flex that skill, going back to X-men Red. And now she gets to play a major role in one of the biggest conflicts they've faced in the Krakoa era. I know she'll be getting a larger focus in a future issue, but it's so refreshing to see Jean get to be front and center in a major crossover event. Given how long she was dead, I find myself taking even greater enjoyment in this event.
    Yes. She was dead for years and now she is center stage in one of the biggest conflicts in recent history. A conflict that I’m sure they will one day make a movie now that Eternals 2 has been confirmed x

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Y'know the Mutants are doing far better fighting The Hex than I had initially thought. Very Surprised.

I'm not following Ikaris Logic here. Kill no Eternals. Haven't they been doing that already...i'm not following sir. Who cares DO IT ANYWAY JEAN!!!

Love How Forge is sitting back watching his creations work. :-)

I literally was thinking the same thing as soon as I was able to recognize that was Scott. LOL.

Scott: Jean! I'm getting SICK!!! *Hurp!*

It’s funnier if you imagine the tk bubble bouncing on the battlefield.

Scott: “Okay, Jean! I was on-board before, but this is starting to get out of hand!!”

*Hex is chasing Scott around like a cat to a hamster in a hamster ball*

Jean: “Be with you in a minute, sweetheart! I’m on telepathic call with someone important!”

Scott: “Take your time…..That was sarcasm by the way!!!!”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    ... And there's so, SO MUCH MORE... From the current allocation of certain players to the not-so-mysterious Project BlackboX, but I'll save that for the X-Men 13's preview thread.
    Cyclops, Jean Grey, Polaris, Iceman, Havok... [and I'm adding Forge, just... because... of obvious reasons, to me... hint: XF] = OG+

Storm, Nightcrawler, Banshee, [soon] Sunfire, Thunderbird... [and I'll add Legion, just... because... of the obvs, current assoc.] = ANAD+

New X-Men (1st series) #132, @UncannyXmen.net
    ... Finding a black box, a recording device used by Magneto in his final moments, they inadvertently activate it. As the voice of Magneto fills the air, supplying his final testament, Quicksilver and Polaris use their powers and their fervor to complete the Toad’s job, finishing the transformation of the Mega-Sentinel into a monument to Magneto. As the X-Men watch the fallen Magneto being memorialized before their eyes, they listen to his words. Magneto tells them that their voices will never be silence. They will be heard beyond this life… and far, far beyond this death.