Incredible Member

Default Loki MCU Replaces Dream vs Lucifer Morningstar (Netflix) in this scene

Can Loki outwit Lucifer?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post

Can Loki outwit Lucifer?
    Hmm…….which era of the MCU Loki are we talking about?

Because early on, I think Loki loses.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I doubt he could do it. Loki is likely more cunning than Morpheus, but he's not the right KIND of cunning. He has no experience with this sort of battle.

I don't think Loki will survive long enough to outwit the Lightbringer. This is like Epic Rap Battle on God Mode -- in this game, you might end up poisoned, maimed, or disintegrated. For instance, I doubt Loki could survive Lucifer's nova.

The fact that Lucifer was strong enough to inflict injury on Dream of the Endless makes me suspect both were just reality-warping. Although given how the scene played out, it's open to interpretation. Still, I'd pay good money to see Loki try.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The metaphysical nature of the characters involved make it hard to say what is really happening in that scene. However, the physical damage occuring makes it clear this isn't just illusions and cunning. Regardless of whether or not Lucifer is capable of blowing up stars or snuffing out universes, they should be able to overpower Loki.

Swiss army nerd

The metaphysical side of this battle aside, I don't know that Loki's mind works in such a way as to allow him to reach Hope as a solution. I think he's too focussed on gain and power, so would be unable to overcome the logic of novas and anti-life and general overwhelming force. He can't negotiate with/outwit a nova, so he's likely toast.