Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Does anyone else think that Jubilee must have hypnotized a lot of people to adopt a kid?

Even a thirtysomething married couple has to go through an enormous amount of rigamarole to adopt a kid. Jubilee, a barely legal single girl in a dangerous line of work breezed through the process in record-breaking, no, record-destroying time.

I can't help but think that every time the camera cut away from her to a different character, Jubilee was hypnotizing everyone at the adoption agency. You're hypnotized mr interview guy, you're hypnotized interview guy's boss, you're hypnotized, you're hypnotized, you're just the janitor but screw it you're hypnotized just to be on the safe side, you're hypnotized, you're hypnotized, and you and you and you and you and you.

It's the only logical explanation for Jubilee succeeding at this adoption at such an absolutely insane speed.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Even a thirtysomething married couple has to go through an enormous amount of rigamarole to adopt a kid. Jubilee, a barely legal single girl in a dangerous line of work breezed through the process in record-breaking, no, record-destroying time.

I can't help but think that every time the camera cut away from her to a different character, Jubilee was hypnotizing everyone at the adoption agency. You're hypnotized mr interview guy, you're hypnotized interview guy's boss, you're hypnotized, you're hypnotized, you're just the janitor but screw it you're hypnotized just to be on the safe side, you're hypnotized, you're hypnotized, and you and you and you and you and you.

It's the only logical explanation for Jubilee succeeding at this adoption at such an absolutely insane speed.
    Nah - I think it had more to do with having the ex-queen of Wakanda, a bunch of Avengers, including people like Rogue and Cap, on her application form, plus a bucket load of super rich people. We know from the comic that Ororo was helping her with it and the wheels of justice turn faster for the rich and famous.

I think some strings where pulled.

And if she did pull a vamp trick or two, who cares - we know Shogo grew up loved and cared for - which is the only thing that matters. Adult Sho says as much. If she didn't adopt him, he would've been stuck in an orphanage his whole life.

(Hopefully this thread won't turn into another Jubes baby-stealing bashing thread. I'm just saying, if any other x-women did the same thing, everyone would be applauding their selfless act. )
    Last edited by Beezzi; 09-02-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Nah - I think it had more to do with having the ex-queen of Wakanda, a bunch of Avengers, including people like Rogue and Cap, on her application form, plus a bucket load of super rich people. We know from the comic that Ororo was helping her with it and the wheels of justice turn faster for the rich and famous.

And if she did pull a vamp trick or two, who cares - we know Shogo grew up loved and cared for - which is the only thing that matters. Adult Sho says as much. If she didn't adopt him, he would've been stuck in an orphanage his whole life.

(Hopefully this thread won't turn into another Jubes baby-stealing bashing thread. I'm just saying, if any other x-women did the same thing, everyone would be applauding their selfless act. )
    We can close this thread now. The question has been answered logically and in full.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

It wasn't really an adoption agency more like a restaurant providing take out for the undead. Jubilee ordered from the kids menu the evil $*&%@!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    We can close this thread now. The question has been answered logically and in full.
    You know me - Logic is my middle name....yeah, it's a kinda weird name, but my parents were sudoku nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    It wasn't really an adoption agency more like a restaurant providing take out for the undead. Jubilee ordered from the kids menu the evil $*&%@!
    Oh Lordy, we're only four posts in and the bashing has already begun.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Is there any proof she adopted Shogo? I just assumed she stole him.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Is there any proof she adopted Shogo? I just assumed she stole him.
    Yeah, she adopted him - it was finalised in Wood's run - the issue in which M returns. Storm informs her that all the paper work has been finalised and his legally Shogo Lee.

Also she didn't steal him from anywhere, she found him in some rubble after the meteor strike. The area was a disaster zone - there was no where to take him and then Sublime starts following them and she decides to go back to the X-Men.

The weird thing nobody ever talks about is, rather what is Jubes doing in Hungary? She was suppose to be hanging out with the Forgiven, but they didn't seem to be around. She just happens to be at that spot, at just the right time? At the very moment when Sublime's sister is making her way towards earth? This is the part of Jube's story thats always been fishy to me.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 09-02-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Prettier than you. - Remy Shiver's Avatar

Hey who’s to say that Jubes did not hypnotize Storm, Avengers and even Shogo into loving her?!
    She is not to be trusted! O_O

I completely forgot that Shogo was still a thing. I haven't been paying attention to that stroyline in a while.

This is the answer to the OP's question. I agree with this...all this...completely.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

And dont forget the several telepaths, and the godlike being that may or may not had something to do with this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    Hey who’s to say that Jubes did not hypnotize Storm, Avengers and even Shogo into loving her?!
    She is not to be trusted! O_O
    Well, if people still trust Wolverine to be a good father, so i dont think she can be worse or at least as bad as him.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 09-02-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And dont forget the several telepaths, and the godlike being that may or may not had something to do with this as well.

Well, if people still trust Wolverine to be a good father, so i dont think she can be worse or at least as bad as him.
    Very good points Dragon...

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Manifold.

Gateway can't really die can he? I mean, he is a manifestation of the 'dreaming' a 'dreamtime' person...he is living song...embodied story... he can't die
    Somebody or something will sing him back into being.
    I love how you look at things.

All-New Member

In the first issue of X-Men, it looked like the whole city was nuked by Arkea's arrival, so I was ok with the whole adoption thing. It seemed likely that all Shogo's immediate family had been killed, and Jubes just grabbing him and running off instead of handing him over to the country's child protective services made at least partial sense: Social services and general infrastructure overwhelmed by a massive disaster, the need to get out of a disaster zone fast, the likelyhood that everyone related to Shogo were dead and all that.

Then issue three came along and ruined my theories... we get told that the blast encompassed less than 100m, and apparently didn't do more than superficial damage to the hospital Shogo was staying in (the building, 100m from ground zero, is completely intact when the x-men show up to fight Arkea). That in itself makes Jubilee grabbing Shogo and skipping the country rather dubious. There was also the whole "Jubilee looking defiant and declaring Shogo is hers after googling the parents" thing, which was never really expanded on. Maybe having a name like "THE FUTURE" is grounds for immediate loss of custody in the marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Herring View Post
    In the first issue of X-Men, it looked like the whole city was nuked by Arkea's arrival, so I was ok with the whole adoption thing. It seemed likely that all Shogo's immediate family had been killed, and Jubes just grabbing him and running off instead of handing him over to the country's child protective services made at least partial sense: Social services and general infrastructure overwhelmed by a massive disaster, the need to get out of a disaster zone fast, the likelyhood that everyone related to Shogo were dead and all that.

Then issue three came along and ruined my theories... we get told that the blast encompassed less than 100m, and apparently didn't do more than superficial damage to the hospital Shogo was staying in (the building, 100m from ground zero, is completely intact when the x-men show up to fight Arkea). That in itself makes Jubilee grabbing Shogo and skipping the country rather dubious. There was also the whole "Jubilee looking defiant and declaring Shogo is hers after googling the parents" thing, which was never really expanded on. Maybe having a name like "THE FUTURE" is grounds for immediate loss of custody in the marvel universe.
    The bit in the car is just bad storytelling. I think Wood might have realised he'd written himself into a weird corner? He'd basically written The Future out of the story on page one.

If she'd had handed him over to the authorities - Arkea would have killed them and everyone else, so all wells that ends well.

Also you have to remember she did know he had any family when she picked him up - his found in the rubble of an orphanage - it was pretty safe to assume he had no relative. And as for The Future, since the Hungarian government let her adopt Shogo, without batting an eye - I'd say they also considered The Future to be unfit parent. He was incarcerated for life, for being borderline psychotic and killing without a second thought. I'd say the Hungarian gov most likely terminated his parental rights, when it became clear he saw his son as a weapon....(and the fact that I'm pretty sure Shogo was created in a lab - something tells me The Future is not the kinda person to leave genetics to mere nature. ie. I don't think Shogo has a mother somewhere waiting for him to come home. His biological mother was most likely just a donor.)

Oh and heres the other kicker. Are we ever told she didn't go to authorities? She took him out of of the country, so she must've had papers for him, even just temporary ones. They must have been legal, because the Hungarian government seem fine with her adopting Shogo. Again I think Jubes might have gotten some strings pulled.

I think it comes down to whether you like the kid or not? I think Sho offers a good writer some great storytelling opportunities, but I know other readers feels like his going to limit her abilities to be a superhero....
    Last edited by Beezzi; 09-03-2014 at 12:00 AM.