Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah there wasn't much of a comparison between the two eras. It felt like we were going to get a story around those lines when we saw the Phantom Reporter taking up a job writing at the Bugle but nothing really came of it.
    Yes! I thought there was more that was going to come out of the Reporter actually reporting. We did have the plotline with Mr. E and repudiating being a Jew and passing, compared to his son. But that seemed more like a personal choice than a comparison to mores of the 1940s and today. Likewise Dynamic Man, which seemed to be anti-gay and mixed marriage, but turned out to actually be anti-sex.

I wonder how much the delay played into what seems, to me, changes. I mean, when you read Phantom Reporter's interactions with Black Widow in the early issues, it seemed completely unwelcome, and not in a, "I want to be alone" way.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes! I thought there was more that was going to come out of the Reporter actually reporting. We did have the plotline with Mr. E and repudiating being a Jew and passing, compared to his son. But that seemed more like a personal choice than a comparison to mores of the 1940s and today. Likewise Dynamic Man, which seemed to be anti-gay and mixed marriage, but turned out to actually be anti-sex.

I wonder how much the delay played into what seems, to me, changes. I mean, when you read Phantom Reporter's interactions with Black Widow in the early issues, it seemed completely unwelcome, and not in a, "I want to be alone" way.
    Like a lot of mystery box plots it definitely feels like one of those books that changed a lot during its production with some elements dropped along the way.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Hi!

Is this a regular monthly thing? Will another book be picked for September? I assume that newbies are welcome here.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Hi!

Is this a regular monthly thing? Will another book be picked for September? I assume that newbies are welcome here.
    September pick is already up (Metabarons) and folks can join in any time.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Hi!

Yes, everyone is welcome!

We are only on the third month. We did Alan Moore's first trade of Swamp Thing. The Twelve was the second choice. And Metabarons is the third pick.

There's usually there's a monthly nomination thread, then a voting thread, and then the discussion thread.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes, everyone is welcome!

We are only on the third month. We did Alan Moore's first trade of Swamp Thing. The Twelve was the second choice. And Metabarons is the third pick.

There's usually there's a monthly nomination thread, then a voting thread, and then the discussion thread.
    Thank you. I love these proactive threads as opposed to waiting for a thread about out favorites to pop up.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?