Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What WW2 era heroes are still around these days anyway? I have not read a lot of Marvel in the last 20 or so years so I have no clue

Captain America
    Namor
    Spitfire
    Blazing Skull
    Human Torch (Hammond)
    Toro
    Bucky
    The Fin
    Thin Man
    Blue Diamond
    Jack Frost
    Vision (Aarkus)

Then the characters from The Twelve series

Captain Wonder
    Mastermind Excello
    Mister E
    Phantom Reporter
    Rockman
    The Witness
    Black Widow I

This is not counting legacy character like the newer Union Jack just the ones that were actually around in WW2. Any I missed?
    You can add Challenger and Doctor Nemesis to the list

Electro
    Blonde phantom (made young again in marvel 1000) also.

Blazing skull also is the ghost rider of world war 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Wasn't marvels jsa the all winners squad back then?

But the Justice Society of America premiered in All Star Comics #3 (cover-dated Winter 1940 / on-sale date of November 22, 1940) while All Winners Comics #19 (first appearance of the "All Winners Squad") is cover-dated Fall 1946 and had an on-sale date of July 24, 1946 (about five-and-a-half years later).
    And the JSA was originally designed to give more exposure to heroes that didn't already have their own self-titled books, which is why Superman and Batman were only "honorary" members.
    (Flash and Green Lantern would also drop down to honorary member status for a while once they got their own separate titles.)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I thought so. But the JSA became much, much more.

Heck, considering all of the forgotten heroes (and teams) that were then active between 1945 and the introduction of the Fantastic Four, Marvel could have easily published its version of the Justice Society complete with its own alternate Earth. (I probably would have based the team on Counter Earth to avoid any lawsuits. And I probably would've called them the Squadron Supreme, only they'd be counterparts of Marvel characters, not DC counterparts.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The JSA compliment DC far better than a similar organization would for Marvel.

I think Marvel should develop the First Line, introduced in the Lost Generation mini. A clever mini that covered the time gap with the sliding timescale
    ^^^Between The Invaders, The Twelve, The V-Battalion, The First Line, Mystery Men (see below), Agents of Atlas, and all the individual characters that have been shown/retconned to be active during the forties/fifties Marvel has more than enough “material” to create a JSA type organization.

The Company just doesn’t approach it’s heroes/that era the same way DC does, and that’s fine. It’s fun to think about though!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Between The Invaders, The Twelve, The V-Battalion, The First Line, Mystery Men (see below), Agents of Atlas, and all the individual characters that have been shown/retconned to be active during the forties/fifties Marvel has more than enough “material” to create a JSA type organization.

The Company just doesn’t approach it’s heroes/that era the same way DC does, and that’s fine. It’s fun to think about though!

You forgot another Roy Thomas created group from the 1970s: The Liberty Legion.

And they may have been closer to being Marvel's JSA since they weren't normally fighting overseas like the Invaders were.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You forgot another Roy Thomas created group from the 1970s: The Liberty Legion.
    ^^^Oh yeah! But you got it covered.
    To quote one Benjamin Buford Blue (RIP)…:

“You know why we a good partnership, Forrest? 'Cause we be watchin' out for one another. Like brothers and stuff“.