Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    "Return of the invaders". Great story. WW2 torch gives the fantastic four torch the ok to use his name in that story also.

Yeah, spitfire was a older lady and was de-aged.

https://i.imgur.com/9ylakY4.jpg
    In agreement with you about "The Invaders Fight Again" being an all-time great, especially all those twists & turns at the end (LOL):

Has it ever been explained (as much as it could, lol) how these 2 lifesaving transfusions saved her?

Was she a victim of Baron Blood, before the 1st one? I'm trying to remember...

But that could explain, the interaction of vampire weird blood properties mixing with android "blood"

though not very specific.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Wasn't marvels jsa the all winners squad back then?
    I thought so. But the JSA became much, much more.

Heck, considering all of the forgotten heroes (and teams) that were then active between 1945 and the introduction of the Fantastic Four, Marvel could have easily published its version of the Justice Society complete with its own alternate Earth. (I probably would have based the team on Counter Earth to avoid any lawsuits. And I probably would've called them the Squadron Supreme, only they'd be counterparts of Marvel characters, not DC counterparts.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Heck, considering all of the forgotten heroes (and teams) that were then active between 1945 and the introduction of the Fantastic Four, Marvel could have easily published its version of the Justice Society complete with its own alternate Earth. (I probably would have based the team on Counter Earth to avoid any lawsuits. And I probably would've called them the Squadron Supreme, only they'd be counterparts of Marvel characters, not DC counterparts.)
    The JSA compliment DC far better than a similar organization would for Marvel.

I think Marvel should develop the First Line, introduced in the Lost Generation mini. A clever mini that covered the time gap with the sliding timescale

A JSA-like team published by Marvel would go a long way to yank DC's chain given DC's reticence to do much with the JSA.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think Marvel should develop the First Line, introduced in the Lost Generation mini. A clever mini that covered the time gap with the sliding timescale
    Yes, they could include characters from the Lost Generation, although I thought they killed off most of them. But death is no deterrent, especially if we're dealing with counterparts. I'd also like to see members from the All Winners Squad, the Liberty Legion, the Mystery Men and maybe an Eternal or Inhuman. The more I think about it, there really were a bunch of characters that were active in some fashion during that era. I think there was even a Ghost Rider riding around kicking butt and taking names. Given the right cast and rogues gallery, the book might work.

Yes, they could include characters from the Lost Generation, although I thought they killed off most of them. But death is no deterrent, especially if we're dealing with counterparts. I'd also like to see members from the All Winners Squad, the Liberty Legion, the Mystery Men and maybe an Eternal or Inhuman. The more I think about it, there really were a bunch of characters that were active in some fashion during that era. I think there was even a Ghost Rider riding around kicking butt and taking names. Given the right cast and rogues gallery, the book might work.
    The Lost Generation? Didn't Byrne and Stern work on that? I want to read it but I keep hearing that the ending is a heartbreaker.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The JSA compliment DC far better than a similar organization would for Marvel.

Sounds interesting. Always thought they had potential (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The Lost Generation? Didn't Byrne and Stern work on that? I want to read it but I keep hearing that the ending is a heartbreaker.
    Correct, Stern scripted it. Unfortunately, I could only remember Byrne when I wrote my reply. No slight intended to Stern or any of the other talented individuals that worked on the series.

I would definitely take 2-3 of the Lost Generation characters and add them to some of the other then extant characters around the MU to form a team. Heck, I might even throw in Miracleman as my Thor/Blue Marvel/Sentry analog and Isaiah Bradley as my Captain America/Black Panther analog. Maybe go one step further and make Bradley the first British attempt at a Super Soldier (codename: Union Jack) on this alternate Earth. Just have fun with it.

Ultimate Member

Really, the V-Battalion is a better fit for Marvel

The problem is that, every time they show up, they get blown up.

Really, the V-Battalion is a better fit for Marvel

The problem is that, every time they show up, they get blown up.
    That's sad. But I agree, the V-Battalion (A.K.A. The Penance Council) really is full of potential...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If I remember right the only survivors were Pixie (an Eternal), Major Mercury (Markari of the Eternals), and Yankee Clipper (who got thrown forward in time to the start of the modern age).

I think there was even a Ghost Rider riding around kicking butt and taking names. Given the right cast and rogues gallery, the book might work.
    There are several heroic mantles that almost always existed at any time
    Aaron pretty much established that it's the case for Ghost Rider, Starbrand, Iron Fist, and even Phoenix (no matter how idiotic that last one seems).
    Of course, we already knew that for the Black Panther and the Sorcerer Supreme. Plus the Fist of Konshu. There is also the recently created Guillotine, a mantle passed down since the french revolution.

Maybe a predecessor of Quasar could have visited Earth a couple of times too.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What WW2 era heroes are still around these days anyway? I have not read a lot of Marvel in the last 20 or so years so I have no clue

Captain America
    Namor
    Spitfire
    Blazing Skull
    Human Torch (Hammond)
    Toro
    Bucky
    The Fin
    Thin Man
    Blue Diamond
    Jack Frost
    Vision (Aarkus)

Then the characters from The Twelve series

Captain Wonder
    Mastermind Excello
    Mister E
    Phantom Reporter
    Rockman
    The Witness
    Black Widow I

This is not counting legacy character like the newer Union Jack just the ones that were actually around in WW2. Any I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What WW2 era heroes are still around these days anyway?
    You can always check Marvel Wiki, but I can't vouch for how complete or current the entries are:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Category:WWII_Characters