Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    He opened a community area for them. Thats not targeting them. Kids and citizens get targeted in comics all the time. I doubt you level the same criticism for every similar story. Should he have just let them live in poverty?
    Dick Grayson used this as a symbol of change in Bludhaven, making the Community Center the antagonist of Blockbuster's criminal empire, and Nightwing and the Titans as its protectors.
    See, these same heroes take down many of Blockbuster's criminal activities in the same night, and Dick doesn't expect retaliation?
    He simply put the community center in the middle of the conflict.
    In Dan Jurgens' latest issue, Bruce goes to Bludhaven and presents several homeless residents with a new abtational set, without drawing attention. In Dixon's run, Nightwing and Superman stop Blockbuster from evicting several people from their residences, but they aren't dumb enough to pull the string too much and leave Blockbuster in a situation with nothing to lose, as Dick, Titans, and Batfam did in this issue.
    The moment Blockbuster sees that his empire is crumbling, Nightwing is supposed to be there, taking him down.

As much as I enjoy the Titans cameos, it'd be nice to see Dick interact with them more. But we did get that issue with Wally, so I guess I've gotten what I'm asking for.

That ending was boring, but I'm guessing we're nearing the end of this arc? Really I'm ready to move on, but the last few comic runs I've read were already completed; I think I have to readjust to monthly reading again.

Bruno draws a mean Cyborg. Vic looked great. If we ever get a Titans book...

Also, Maggie is Kate's biggest regret? I know she and Renee have been together more recently, so not sure if that's just Tom preferring Maggie or it's something I'm missing plot-wise.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    As much as I enjoy the Titans cameos, it'd be nice to see Dick interact with them more. But we did get that issue with Wally, so I guess I've gotten what I'm asking for.

That ending was boring, but I'm guessing we're nearing the end of this arc? Really I'm ready to move on, but the last few comic runs I've read were already completed; I think I have to readjust to monthly reading again.

Bruno draws a mean Cyborg. Vic looked great. If we ever get a Titans book...

Also, Maggie is Kate's biggest regret? I know she and Renee have been together more recently, so not sure if that's just Tom preferring Maggie or it's something I'm missing plot-wise.
    I mean, they were almost married but editorial edict said no so it makes sense that there is a strong emotional attachment.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I mean, they were almost married but editorial edict said no so it makes sense that there is a strong emotional attachment.
    I know I just haven't seen her with Maggie in a while but it could be the comics I'm reading.

Plus, Renee being her love interest that gets pushed, and more recent, more makes me feel like not marrying Maggie being the biggest regret of her life feels odd. I just think Maggie being pushed aside as kinda made that seems out of place even if it's rationally what Kate would feel.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I know I just haven't seen her with Maggie in a while but it could be the comics I'm reading.

Plus, Renee being her love interest that gets pushed, and more recent, more makes me feel like not marrying Maggie being the biggest regret of her life feels odd. I just think Maggie being pushed aside as kinda made that seems out of place even if it's rationally what Kate would feel.
    Outside of Tynion's run on Detective I haven't read anything with Batwoman so I honestly didn't know she was back with Renee.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Outside of Tynion's run on Detective I haven't read anything with Batwoman so I honestly didn't know she was back with Renee.
    The 2021 DC Pride had a story with them, if I remember correctly. They weren't on speaking terms from the Urban Legend story featuring Batwoman from some months ago (late last year?).

So no, not together, but DC rarely acknowledges Maggie as a love interest for Kate. I think what she said made sense, I just wouldn't have expected it to be said, just because Maggie doesn't appear or get acknowledged much anymore. That's all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Some of the complaints regarding this run come off as hyperbolic. Dick has not been knocked out since like the 4th issue of the run. He`s a coward for not fighting a guy he would gained nothing from fighting in that moment and instead got his sister to safety? I guess running into a burning bldg and sacrificing yourself for kids takes no courage.

My biggest complaint lately is, there has not been as much tension as the first arc but this issue definitely turned that around. In my mind this is one of the most competent versions of Dick Grayson to have a solo. He`s using all of his resources and using his brains to fight crime and make a permanent impact. He has contributed a ton to the city, irreparably damaged Blockbusters organization, taken out the city's dirty cops and during the team ups mentored the new Superman and took down a high level Assassination organization.

My heart goes out to you if you do not like the Babs relationship. I have really enjoyed it this run so I am happy with progress but I know not everyone feels the same. Dicks conversation with Kate definitely means he is going to propose.
    I don't think the problems with this run are related to Babs.
    The complaints about the run are mostly that very little is happening and that Dick's skills are nerfed.

A lot happened in this issue, but the other problem remains. Dick isn't getting a chance to actually show his skills in this run.
    He just jumps into situations without analyzing the treats or taking any measures to neutralize them, and he keeps falling into traps.
    His identity was exposed twice in this run by now (by both Melinda and Blockbuster).
    He isn't prepared and isn't even trying to anticipate his opponents (Dick could have tried to anticipate Blockbuster's moves, and either try to save Maclean or warn Melinda that Blockbuster will look for a mole and that she's in danger), but we don't see any of these things.

Skillwise, the clever plans of "team Nightwing" were either Oracle or Melinda's (tricking the previous commissioner, exposing the corrupt cops, taking measures to protect Dick when there's a hit on his head and saving his life, finding out where Seer is and taking down the airship in fear state).
    The one who did the undercover work was Melinda.
    Dick is just sort of there. He gave his money, and that's almost all he did so far. That's not a run showing a competent, intelligent Nightwing.

On the bright side, it seems like Taylor listened to criticism, and a lot happened in today's issue. Hopefully, he'll change some of the more problematic characterizations of Dick as well.

The 2021 DC Pride had a story with them, if I remember correctly. They weren't on speaking terms from the Urban Legend story featuring Batwoman from some months ago (late last year?).

So no, not together, but DC rarely acknowledges Maggie as a love interest for Kate. I think what she said made sense, I just wouldn't have expected it to be said, just because Maggie doesn't appear or get acknowledged much anymore. That's all.
    Yeah, once editorial said it was a no go it seemed to have been swept away pretty solidly but I was always pretty miffed about that so I was glad to see it mentioned here.

I'm just waiting for Maggie and Turpin to go back to Metropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd rather Maggie go back to Gotham, she was used way better in Gotham Central and Detective comics than she ever was in Superman or Action Comics.

I'd rather Maggie go back to Gotham, she was used way better in Gotham Central and Detective comics than she ever was in Superman or Action Comics.
    But I don't expect her in Bludhaven or Gotham to at all replicate that quality of material, especially without Greg Rucka.

And ultimately I just don't think Superman should lose a supporting character to the Bat-Franchise.

So she could go back to fulfilled her incredible role of not appearing in any books?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So she could go back to fulfilled her incredible role of not appearing in any books?
    I'm not expecting her to get much in the way of deep content under Taylor.

I'm not expecting her to get much in the way of deep content under Taylor.
    Still better than not appearing at all.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

But I don't expect her in Bludhaven or Gotham to at all replicate that quality of material, especially without Greg Rucka.

And ultimately I just don't think Superman should lose a supporting character to the Bat-Franchise.
    at that point, everyone is