Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Apparently a Black Panther movie is being produced.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1917375/stan...-widow-marvel/

With audiences flocking to “Guardians of the Galaxy” like there’s no tomorrow, it should come as no real surprise that more Marvel franchises are in the works — but it’s still pretty Groot (err, great) to hear Stan Lee confirm that the Black Panther movie is definitely happening. After months of speculation, Lee cleared up the rumors at the “Marvel Presents: The Legendary Stan Lee” panel at Fan Expo Canada on Friday (August 29), noting that Marvel Studios was “already working” on the film.

He also addressed the even bigger elephant in the room, saying that a Black Widow spin-off from “The Avengers” franchise was likely. “The chances are she will have her own movie because eventually all the superheroes are going to have their own movies, ” he said. “They are already working on Ant-Man, Doctor Strange and the Black Panther, and there are others I am not allowed to talk about.” According to Comic Book Resources, Lee also said that Scarlett Johansson’s character would be featured “more prominently” going forward, which is understandable given her well-received turn in “Captain America: The Winter Solider.”

I wonder who they will cast as T'Challa.

Please cast Chiwetel Ejiofor, PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    “I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

stan's been saying the same thing at conventions for 3 years

now if he actual knows something or just heard that might happen 4 years ago or something who knows

but until feige forms the words "black panther will be in theaters on this date" or some such combination. this continues to be speculation

A Black Panther movie has been a rumor for years. Should Marvel make the movie? Absoutely. I would have given it more priority than Ant-Man especially since Pym is being removed from the Ultron creation in the movies.

BANNED

Chadwick Boseman aka the Chameleon. Say it Loud, 42..the dude transforms into his roles.

Stan Lee isn't involved in making the movies, beyond doing his cameos. So his word means nothing. I'm not going to believe this until someone from Marvel studios says it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    A Black Panther movie has been a rumor for years. Should Marvel make the movie? Absoutely. I would have given it more priority than Ant-Man especially since Pym is being removed from the Ultron creation in the movies.
    This is sooooooooooooo true.

Chiwetel Ejiofor or Chadwick Boseman. I think either would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    LMAO!

Deserved. I'll only care when it's official.

Incredible Member

I'll believe it when I see the movie in cinema, and not before. And even then I'll be suspicious.

BANNED

Well, if he said there are others he's not allowed to talk about, that seems to imply -- in my mind anyway -- that the rest are still in the script-y limbo-y "We probably will, but we're not sure when yet" stage while the Black Panther idea has moved beyond that. Could be wrong, though.

This is cool news. I like T'Challa quite a lot. He's especially been an interesting character here lately in "New Avengers." More than anything, though, I just want confirmation of Captain Marvel played by Katee Sackhoff.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I agree, especially since they picked Scott Lang to be the character portrayed. He's never been more than a C-list character, never had a solo and was dead for quite a while when Bendis didn't bother to use him and killed him off in Disassembled. Wasn't it only because the director Edgar Wright kept this thing alive for years about wanting to direct an Ant-Man movie that got the ball rolling? There was no big fan demand on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree, especially since they picked Scott Lang to be the character portrayed. He's never been more than a C-list character, never had a solo and was dead for quite a while when Bendis didn't bother to use him and killed him off in Disassembled. Wasn't it only because the director Edgar Wright kept this thing alive for years about wanting to direct an Ant-Man movie that got the ball rolling? There was no big fan demand on it.
    Yep, Edgar Wright is what got the Ant Man movie rolling. It was his pet project up until he and Marvel had creative differences.

BANNED

Jeez. If the article had said "Stan Lee confirms Marvel is rebooting", this forum would have imploded, despite his lack of clout.

Marvel obviously has long-term plans for their movies at this point. If BP has to be towards the middle/end for it to work, so be it I say. At least it's still being discussed.