Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default should they just stop pitting mutants against other teams?

the fact that Jean had to play fancy comm girl again just highlight that the A and E are pathetic power wise

any of the time manipulation mutants can just cancel this whole show:

- Magik or Tempus can just time travel back to warn everyone

- Tempo , Sway , fabian cortez, and Synch can just form a time freeze circuit around these "hex"

This is not even taking into account the Xorn brothers. It is just so cringe when you have to make Ora Serrata power of existence erasure not working just to move plot. Please stop. Bc you are just driving ppl away from comics into manga, by ignoring continuity your guys established. Sure you can make some macguffin hacks , but we dont buy it.

Ok everything you said was kind of what ever

but the Ora Serrata thing is interesting because the way I read it I thought the machine was protecting Urnos so that her vision didn't see him directly almost like a window shield

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    the fact that Jean had to play fancy comm girl again just highlight that the A and E are pathetic power wise

any of the time manipulation mutants can just cancel this whole show:

- Magik or Tempus can just time travel back to warn everyone

- Tempo , Sway , fabian cortez, and Synch can just form a time freeze circuit around these "hex"

This is not even taking into account the Xorn brothers. It is just so cringe when you have to make Ora Serrata power of existence erasure not working just to move plot. Please stop. Bc you are just driving ppl away from comics into manga, by ignoring continuity your guys established. Sure you can make some macguffin hacks , but we dont buy it.
    I agree with you, Magneto trowing metal scraps at Uranos was a special kind of “stupid” as well, he commands one of the fundamental forces of the universe and that’s all he could think about?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Meh, I like watching the muties smack baddies around, sorry.

I feel like they've been reliant on hero vs hero events, because Marvel has a real shortage of compelling villains.

X-Men are especially bad at this, I still barely care about Orchis. Instead of building up threats like this, how about we spend some time making more complex villains? Would've loved to see an event building up the threat of Children of a the Vault as a major threat, instead of a minor threat in just "X-Men". But sadly, this is not how Marvel operates...

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I feel like they've been reliant on hero vs hero events, because Marvel has a real shortage of compelling villains.

X-Men are especially bad at this, I still barely care about Orchis. Instead of building up threats like this, how about we spend some time making more complex villains? Would've loved to see an event building up the threat of Children of a the Vault as a major threat, instead of a minor threat in just "X-Men". But sadly, this is not how Marvel operates...
    99% sure the Vault is an Orchis op

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

The X-men used to have a lot of good villains, but they keep reforming them.
    (And by reforming them, I mean they let them keep acting like villains, but the X-men are okay with that now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    99% sure the Vault is an Orchis op
    Sounds like a flop recton, I only know Carey's CoTV greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099
    The X-men used to have a lot of good villains, but they keep reforming them.
    (And by reforming them, I mean they let them keep acting like villains, but the X-men are okay with that now.)
    They reform one young impressionable teenage villain (Rogue) and they think they can reform the cold hard serial killers of the world. Delusional behavior. T_T
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 08-13-2022 at 05:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Hero vs hero causes controversy, and Breevort has said time and time again fan outrage sells.

Of course, what he doesn't mention is that eventually fans get tired of it and just leave the books, which is exactly what happened with the books he's editing on the Avengers side, and they are now forced to get involved with the X-men to increase interest in them.

It's sad, because there are lot of themes that could be used to reflect current events and spun as good stories for villains instead of this dumb Eternals BS which has almost 0 pathos.

Where are the villains using pandemics to cause chaos? Villains that prey on people's prejudices and actually show them campaigning to gain power? And I don't mean just one-panel at a hate rally, I mean managing the media and scape-goating minorities to draw attention away from real issues. Sentinels are dangerous, but breeding hate in echo chambers can be just as damning. There should be more characters like Leper Queen that have a emotional connection to mutants and show exactly how difficult it can be integrating meta-humans that can just pop up randomly with sometimes destructive powers.

Villainous behavior happens all the time in real life, but instead it feels like Marvel has moved away from taking inspiration from things happening in their backyards.

I know comic books are used as escapism sometimes, but the X-Men especially should be tackling things that feel more real.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 08-13-2022 at 05:29 AM.

it's really always the other way around. they keep pitting other teams against mutants and yes it should stop. name one event that started in the x-office that ended up in a vs. registration didn't happen here but led to civil war, gas release didn't happen lead to i Vs. X, heck even the return of phoenix didn't occur in the x-books it happened in avengers and resulted in A vs. X. Now this current vs. The things you know when you've read a lot of both sides.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    it's really always the other way around. they keep pitting other teams against mutants and yes it should stop. name one event that started in the x-office that ended up in a vs. registration didn't happen here but led to civil war, gas release didn't happen lead to i Vs. X, heck even the return of phoenix didn't occur in the x-books it happened in avengers and resulted in A vs. X. Now this current vs. The things you know when you've read a lot of both sides.
    Requoted for truth.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

I’m pretty sure the fact that Gillen is writing Immortal and AXE and Aaron isn’t involved at all would indicate that this one is X-Office originated

BANNED

I love it when it’s the mutants versus everyone else. So no.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m pretty sure the fact that Gillen is writing Immortal and AXE and Aaron isn’t involved at all would indicate that this one is X-Office originated
    Pretty sure that's not how it works. This entire story for it to make sense why it is happening one would have to go and read the eternals thereby this is an Main line event that has spilled over into the x-books. lol.

That would be like Duggan becoming the writer of Avengers and after having Feilong become president of the u.s in x-men he then has the avengers working for feilong with no ground work laid in the avengers and it leads to another a vs x and saying then it's an avenger event when it started in the x-books. lmao.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/