Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default The Spidey/FF Team-Up That Was a Tribute to a Late, Great Marvel Artist

Sharing from the F4 thread…

CBR contributor Brian Cronin writes about an unfinished Spidey/FF mini that was a tribute to the late, great artist Mike Wieringo.

The Spider-Man/Fantastic Four Team-Up That Was a Tribute to a Late, Great Marvel Artist

In the latest Comic Book Legends Revealed, see how a never-realized Spider-Man miniseries became a touching tribute to Mike Wieringo.

Cronin featured five other completed pages, and it make you wonder what could have been. He also references an older (2008) CBR article by Augie De Blieck Jr., who interviewed artist Karl Kesel about the project. You can read that article here.

Wieringo is known as an artist both on Spectacular Spider-Man and Fantastic Four, the former with Todd Dezago, the latter with Mark Waid. He also drew the Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four (2007) mini-series with Jeff Parker as the writer.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Really interesting.

Mike is missed...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Lots of love for Ringo, his FF and Spidey will forever be iconic to me.