Humoros nuisance The PhantomDreamlander's Avatar

Question Favorite Clowns in media?

Clowns i find to be interesting and cool whether it be for their design and look of them or how they are generally written in media

list clowns you find intersting it can be from any type of media.

Clawz from Nights into Dreams

Clawz is a clown like creature from NiGHTS Into Dreams he has the look of a blue cat and is a 2nd level Nightmaren i mainly like him for the use of colors and a side note his theme is catchy

FB162952-1C34-4922-A4A2-A8D53A37C917.jpg

Rudy the clown from Wario Land 3

Rudy the clown is the main villian of Wario land 3 his design is very creepy and surreal looking
    and comes off as creepy but in a cool way.

Quacker Jack from Darkwing Duck

I like Quackerjack as he is an toy themed villian the motivation for being a villian is a interesting one from his hatred of wiffleboy, the harlequin hat he wears plus the choice of colors used go really well together.

Last edited by The PhantomDreamlander; 10-03-2022 at 08:52 PM.

Hopefully this counts, but my all-time favorite is ClownFace from Body Bags

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-03-2022 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Hopefully this counts, but another fave would be...

The Violator

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-05-2022 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PantoTako View Post
    Clowns i find to be interesting and cool whether it be for their design and look of them or how they are generally written in media

list clowns you find intersting it can be from any type of media.
    Mine are pretty standard. With a few exceptions, these characters are "clowns" because of their personalities and antics, not because of their appearance.

The Joker--The Clown Prince of Crime, an overpowered plot device with a cool personality and just an overall great character concept. Joker's a great villain, but if he's not making sharp cynical quips and telling the readers honest harsh truths about life while torturing (or at least seriously annoying) Batman and his friends, you might not have written the Joker.

The Jokester (The Earth 3 Joker)--an anti-hero version of the Joker. They should have really leaned into his "insanity" and made him like The Mask or the Creeper, imo. A Joker who has to practice a little restraint to maintain the anti-hero role is an interesting concept, but hard to pull off.

The Mask--the human cartoon who can bend reality to kill people in gory but funny ways

Gwenpool--the teenage Deadpool cosplayer who has cooler powers and a better backstory than Deadpool. Dear writers, Gwenpool is not Deadpool, and she's best when the humor is organic and comes from her personality, not random quips. She's a different character; stop trying to make her Deadpool 2.0!

Duela Dent--the teenage Joker cosplayer and imposter super villain who when used correctly is even better than the Joker, or at least about the same. Harley Quinn is not Duela Dent, and I'd appreciate it if the writers would stop giving Harley the traits of the other clown characters. They don't fit Harley as well as they fit the characters they originally belonged to.

Pennywise--nightmare shapeshifter demon clown who lives in sewers and eats little kids. Unlike the other clowns on this list, though, Pennywise is legitimately scary. I'm not sure I'm going to look at red balloons the same way ever again.

Not on the list:

Harley Quinn--I'll still consider her a clown for my purposes, but she's best when she plays it mostly serious and the humor feels organic. She's not great when she's constantly making quips and trying to be Deadpool or the Joker. I'd give the Harley Quinn comics a 3/10. I hate that they sacrificed Harley's character to make her a marketing tool. The Harley Quinn show kind of redeems her, but I'm still not happy that she steals the spotlight from other more interesting characters. For example, where's the Jason Todd animated series?

Deadpool--this character is just too zany and random. I'd be happy if he were replaced by Gwenpool.
    Last edited by kcomics; 10-06-2022 at 06:33 AM.

Definitely, another choice would be...

Obnoxio, the Clown

Binky the Clown from Garfield and Krusty the Clown from the Simpsons.

HM to Homie the Clown from In Living Color.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.