Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Now I may be off base here.

But I am starting to suspect that Red Skull is not a Liberal.
    The armband covers it, really.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Loki's party affiliation is... well... Loki.

DC comics did put out a four-issue miniseries in 2008, Decisions that had several characters within the DCU declare their party affiliation.

Two Green Lanterns confirmed as Republicans. Lois Lane as well. And surprisingly... Wonder Woman is a Republican.

On the Democrat side, yes, they confirmed Green Arrow's party affiliation... and astonishing as it might seem for a billionaire industrialist... Bruce Wayne/Batman is a registered Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    DC comics did put out a four-issue miniseries in 2008, Decisions that had several characters within the DCU declare their party affiliation.

Two Green Lanterns confirmed as Republicans. Lois Lane as well. And surprisingly... Wonder Woman is a Republican.

On the Democrat side, yes, they confirmed Green Arrow's party affiliation... and astonishing as it might seem for a billionaire industrialist... Bruce Wayne/Batman is a registered Democrat.
    Lois Lane doesn't surprise me, given her family. Wonder Woman...well, that seems off, although I could see her as a George H W Bush style Republican.
    Dark does not mean deep.

This thread reminds me of something from volume 9 of Adam Warren's Empowered.

Page 148 to Page 151, where Emp escapes from a pair of supervillains by revealing that one of them voted Republican. The other, apparently, was not and didn't know his (?) partner was a conservative. The two then came to blows in a big way.

I'm gonna guess that Emp leans towards the Liberal side of the political spectrum.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-13-2022 at 04:36 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spider-Man's made some comments against Trump and George W Bush, and seems to like Obama.

Aunt May seems rather left-wing. She was confirmed to vote for Gore, and wasn't happy about Florida recounts.

Demographically, Peter would be Democratic. He's a New Yorker raised by a Democrat who works in journalism, whose most significant love interest in a celebrity, and who has spent the majority of the last decade in academia.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

What about JJ. He was mayor but I dont remember them saying for what party.

I know he fought for civil liberties and hates racists and bigots. So maybe Dem?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

What about JJ. He was mayor but I dont remember them saying for what party.

I know he fought for civil liberties and hates racists and bigots. So maybe Dem?
    He was elected as an independent candidate. Same with Kingpin.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Steve Rogers is likely a strong Democrat, given he grew up in New York during the New Deal era and regards more right-wing jingoism the same way he does isolationism - poorly.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Veronica Lodge is a Democrat

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Phantom Lass votes for the BGZTL independence party.

USAgent is a Republican.
    Yes, a redneck from a red state. He grew up in rural Georgia countryside.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Steve Rogers is likely a strong Democrat, given he grew up in New York during the New Deal era and regards more right-wing jingoism the same way he does isolationism - poorly.
    Honestly, I can see Cap being so overwhelmed by how both parties changed between the time he entered and left the ice (even if we're talking all the way back in 1964) that he's an independent.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Honestly, I can see Cap being so overwhelmed by how both parties changed between the time he entered and left the ice (even if we're talking all the way back in 1964) that he's an independent.
    Agreed. During the WWII, the Democratic Party was still the party of Ku Klux Klan, racial segregation and Jim Crow. The Democrats didn't start supporting civil rights until 1964.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Agreed. During the WWII, the Democratic Party was still the party of Ku Klux Klan, racial segregation and Jim Crow. The Democrats didn't start supporting civil rights until 1964.
    I agree, in part. The Dems included a lot of Southern neo-confederates, who hated the GOP intensively in an epic case of sore-loserism. They also were friendlier to labor, intellectuals and agriculture than the GOP ever was. They were not solely the party of racism.

At the same time, the GOP of Captain America's youth had been far less internationalist, and much less interventionist than the GOP of either today or 1964.