Thread: Copycats alive?

Default Copycats alive?

I heard that copycat is alive after being killed by deadpool years ago. Does anyone know what issues she's been in since?

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    I heard that copycat is alive after being killed by deadpool years ago. Does anyone know what issues she's been in since?
    Where did you hear that?
    My flag is bacon.

Incredible Member

I have seen her in every single issue for the last few years. The next retcon is going to be through the last few years she has been copycatting multiple people for some plan, and why she is a copycatting a different person but still in every issue. LOL. Sorry had to be retcon sarcastic. The joke was just sitting there ready to be used lol

She wasn't killed by Deadpool, she was killed by Sabretooth and she died in Deadpool's arms.

The wedding issue of Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn's run had a backstory that strongly hinted that she was still alive but that's the only appearance of hers that I can think of from the top of my head. It doesn't seem like any other writer has done anything about it.

Astonishing Member

I would actually really like it if Deadpool's inclusion on X-Force led to her being brought into that title or even joining the team. She's got a lot of complicated history with not just Wade but both Logan and Domino (and Black Tom too, now that I think about it) and which could make for a lot of tension. While at the same time I find it a lot easier to see her as an X-Force operative than Omega Red - if Percy's committed to making him work as a team member, it should be comparatively easy to make a case for Copycat joining despite the history of mistrust between her and other X-Force members.

Plus, there's so many ways a shapeshifter could be useful in X-Force's stories and missions, and with Mystique largely 'contained' to Immortal X-Men/Quiet Council stories, there's plenty of room for another shapeshifting mutant to get a visibility boost and promotional push. Plus she's an accomplished assassin and spy even without her powers, not to mention the fact that her powers are a lot more extensive than most people realize.....if she's around people long enough, she can replicate their psi-patterns so she even mimics their ways of thinking/mannerisms, making her an intuitive social chameleon as well as a literal shapeshifter. This was a key part of what let her replace Domino so effectively even Cable was fooled for a long time (with it also being implied but not outright verified that her ability to mimic/shift her psi-patterns helps shield her from being discovered by telepaths). She's even cultivated different 'avatars' for herself, where she's created different psi-patterns/personalities to go with different appearances, thus enabling her to shift between skillsets and experience-based knowledge even as she shifts between the different physical forms of her avatars.

Also, I've always thought she has a fun design and look in her natural form. Not sure what it is about mutant shapeshifters that even without them being known to be related, so many of them are various shades of blue, but it seems to be a thing, lol. Apocalypse, Mystique, Copycat, Fatale.....what's with all the blue shapeshifters and why are none of them naturally green or orange or purple instead? LMAO.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 08-15-2022 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    why are none of them naturally green or orange or purple instead? LMAO.
    Uh duh.

Green = Gamma
    Orange = Rock
    Purple = Mind control

Shapeshifters must be blue. It is the WAY.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    Uh duh.

Green = Gamma
    Orange = Rock
    Purple = Mind control

Shapeshifters must be blue. It is the WAY.
    LOLOL. You're right. Mea culpa for taking so long to see the light. Shapeshifters are blue like WATER which their shifting morphology symbolically mimics. It all makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I would actually really like it if Deadpool's inclusion on X-Force led to her being brought into that title or even joining the team. She's got a lot of complicated history with not just Wade but both Logan and Domino (and Black Tom too, now that I think about it) and which could make for a lot of tension. While at the same time I find it a lot easier to see her as an X-Force operative than Omega Red - if Percy's committed to making him work as a team member, it should be comparatively easy to make a case for Copycat joining despite the history of mistrust between her and other X-Force members.

Plus, there's so many ways a shapeshifter could be useful in X-Force's stories and missions, and with Mystique largely 'contained' to Immortal X-Men/Quiet Council stories, there's plenty of room for another shapeshifting mutant to get a visibility boost and promotional push. Plus she's an accomplished assassin and spy even without her powers, not to mention the fact that her powers are a lot more extensive than most people realize.....if she's around people long enough, she can replicate their psi-patterns so she even mimics their ways of thinking/mannerisms, making her an intuitive social chameleon as well as a literal shapeshifter. This was a key part of what let her replace Domino so effectively even Cable was fooled for a long time (with it also being implied but not outright verified that her ability to mimic/shift her psi-patterns helps shield her from being discovered by telepaths). She's even cultivated different 'avatars' for herself, where she's created different psi-patterns/personalities to go with different appearances, thus enabling her to shift between skillsets and experience-based knowledge even as she shifts between the different physical forms of her avatars.

Also, I've always thought she has a fun design and look in her natural form. Not sure what it is about mutant shapeshifters that even without them being known to be related, so many of them are various shades of blue, but it seems to be a thing, lol. Apocalypse, Mystique, Copycat, Fatale.....what's with all the blue shapeshifters and why are none of them naturally green or orange or purple instead? LMAO.

a lot of mutants are blue. i thought fatale could just turn invisible i didnt know she shapeshifted. and yes i actually think copycat looks quite pretty in her natural form. morph is a shapeshifter as well welll omimorph and his skin is white. i think the better question is why do so many of them look different from normal people when they revert to there natural form. i didn't know copycat could mentally switch between psychic avatars. what comic did she do that in?