Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I feel like people just used to age faster ...? (maybe because they didn't take sunscreen as seriously)

The summary from IMBD Ssounds like a stuntman turns detective. So not completely unlike the show.

Colt Seavers is a stuntman who left the business a year earlier to focus on both his physical and mental health. He's drafted back into service when the star of a mega-budget studio movie, which is being directed by his ex, goes missing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I feel like people just used to age faster ...? (maybe because they didn't take sunscreen as seriously)
    ^^^Sunscreen, smoking, drinking, eating habits…you see it all the time watching old movies/tv shows where ppl look way older than what we think of that age looking nowadays.

And hell, Lee Majors was actually an avid jogger and lifted weights and stuff!

Funny thing is, when you look at "The Nice Guys" one can see Crowe and Gosling as Majors and Barr.(if Crowe were a bit more fit) Gosling as Colt could still be cool despite being older, yet seeming younger.(still blows my mind)

I don't think one needs more than "former stunt man becomes bounty hunter" to be "The Fall Guy." I don't really need the truck or any of the supporting cast for it to be an update, in my mind. I know some people really just want these updates to adhere to the original, but it's not like the original in this case was particular deep with its lore or characterization.

I don't think one needs more than "former stunt man becomes bounty hunter" to be "The Fall Guy." I don't really need the truck or any of the supporting cast for it to be an update, in my mind. I know some people really just want these updates to adhere to the original, but it's not like the original in this case was particular deep with its lore or characterization.
    ^^^You're dead to me.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I get that it doesn't exactly look like what some of us know/remember as The Fall Guy, but has anyone considered that perhaps they're setting up the premise of the show; a stuntman who moonlights as a bounty hunter? Like, maybe this is the thing the sets Colt on that path. Maybe they're laying the groundwork for another or more films if it turns out to be a success.
    The A-Team movie, which was much more in line with the TV show, and was really good put the characters on the path to being on the run, concluding the movie was fully in line with the show.
    Yet, no sequel to that emerged and just as it was still managed to feel true to the show. Fall Guy does not based on the trailer. I also feel that IMDB summary was written well before the trailer was cut. Probably written based off an initial PR on the first draft at best. That summary and trailer do not line up.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

A-team also came out same day as the karate kid remake for some dumb reason and showed the van getting destroyed in the trailer ticking fans off. That's like destroying the general lee in a dukes trailer. You don't do it! The van that had tons of merch and was seen as a "member" of the team. It's pretty loved. Yeah, that backfired! There were full rants online. It's show duke killed in gijoe 2 trailer all over again.

A-team was an ok film. But those two choices hurt it and it was a dud at the box office. Karate kid crushed it, and classic show fans were angry over the van and ignored the film!

The A-Team wasn't a bad way to adapt a property. They lost me though when they used a tank's cannon to propel itself to "fly." That was more cartoony than the tv show ever was.

The A-Team wasn't a bad way to adapt a property. They lost me though when they used a tank's cannon to propel itself to "fly." That was more cartoony than the tv show ever was.
    ^^^Yeah but the fact that Lt. Sosa and B.A. both pointed out the absurdity of it made the scene work; like Sosa said earlier in the movie, they specialize in the ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    A-team also came out same day as the karate kid remake for some dumb reason and showed the van getting destroyed in the trailer ticking fans off. That's like destroying the general lee in a dukes trailer. You don't do it! The van that had tons of merch and was seen as a "member" of the team. It's pretty loved. Yeah, that backfired! There were full rants online. It's show duke killed in gijoe 2 trailer all over again.

A-team was an ok film. But those two choices hurt it and it was a dud at the box office. Karate kid crushed it, and classic show fans were angry over the van and ignored the film!
    Also, the A-Team show had very simplistic (and repetitive) plots. The movie had a plot and list of interchangeable villains Hercule Poirot and Sherlock Holmes would struggle to follow.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Yeah but the fact that Lt. Sosa and B.A. both pointed out the absurdity of it made the scene work; like Sosa said earlier in the movie, they specialize in the ridiculous.
    Lampshading the absurdity of the writing rarely works for me, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

I honestly have no memory of the van blowing up in that film. It’s probably more of a problem that I don’t particularly remember anything of it, apart from a dull ending that involved shipping containers or something. It was probably the van in the trailer though.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The van had a helicopter dropped on it from a 4/5 story hospital roof. The A-Team van did not blow up. Repairable possibly.
    As noted the absurdity of the "fly the tank" scene works for the reason stated, its acknowledged by those doing it that this is bizarre. Said by guys who regularly do the bizarre.
    The film didn't have interchangeable villains. It had one, General Morrison. Morrison hired out stooges, is that where some get lost? Stooges are just that, foils until the main confrontation.

I don't think Fall Guy will be 1/4 as fun at A-Team but hey, we shall all see.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Lampshading the absurdity of the writing rarely works for me, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. We'll have to agree to disagree.
    ^^^Hey, wait a minute you’re still dead to me from a few posts back!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The van had a helicopter dropped on it from a 4/5 story hospital roof. The A-Team van did not blow up. Repairable possibly.
    As noted the absurdity of the "fly the tank" scene works for the reason stated, its acknowledged by those doing it that this is bizarre. Said by guys who regularly do the bizarre.
    The film didn't have interchangeable villains. It had one, General Morrison. Morrison hired out stooges, is that where some get lost? Stooges are just that, foils until the main confrontation.

I don't think Fall Guy will be 1/4 as fun at A-Team but hey, we shall all see.
    ^^^Agree w. you across the board.

Thanks for posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If they were going to do something "bizarre" and cartoonish anyway, I'd have rather they replace the flying tank with a sequence where they build something batshit crazy in a montage.(y'know, like if BA ended up Frankensteining the van with a tank or something...) At least it would've been more in keeping with the show.

I don't recall "Fall Guy" ever getting that fanciful, but I would hope they take full advantage of all the tricks o' the trade stuntmen have used over the decades, esp before being replaced by CGI. I imagine a lot of the stunts in this film will be pored over for realism, and how much was practical or CG since it'll likely have something to say about the industry. From the trailer, it does look fun though.