Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Sad to hear Jason's insignia can't quite cut it among the unsavory elements of society, but I still think it's cool

The symbol is just not really different from Batman's, and there are at least two other Batfamily members, Batwoman and Batman Beyond, with a red Bat as symbol.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    The Punisher isn't problematic.
    Say it louder.
    "Cable was right!"

In all seriousness, nah he's not. First off, Jason is not widely recognized enough to be labeled problematic. When do you ever see anybody walking around in a Red Hood shirt? If anyone can be compared to the Punisher in this regard, it's Batman himself. Whenever someone on social media wants to score easy brownie points, they bring up how he's a rich white man who beats up the poor and mentally-ill.
    Last edited by Dipter; 08-16-2022 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Sad to hear Jason's insignia can't quite cut it among the unsavory elements of society, but I still think it's cool

The symbol is just not really different from Batman's, and there are at least two other Batfamily members, Batwoman and Batman Beyond, with a red Bat as symbol.
    Thanks. I already knew that. That's why I chose the most beat-up/grittiest version of Jason's insignia that I could possibly find (LOL):

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    The Punisher isn't problematic.
    The problem is that his logo has been subverted (by the last people who should be using it) and that is a problem for branding if nothing else. It forced Marvel to shelve him for a while and now change his set up for the latest series.

It's a real shame this has affected the comics, although the current run is pretty fun so far, but the people/movement who are the problem don't care as they weren't fans to begin with. Or they were and have taken some very poor lessons from him.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!