Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    If I recall correctly during Post-Crisis and Perez's run, Diana may've known Lois before Clark, which is even more interesting.
    How? When?

Superman and Lois work so well because they don't really have a social life.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    How? When?
    I don't believe that's correct. I think Perez had a story where the Amazons opened up Themyscira to the outside world, and WW picked Clark Kent as one of the outsiders to tour the island. But Superman ended up passing on the invitation and said to take Lois instead.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    And interacting with other people as part of your job can take the place of personal friendship. As I said earlier, Lois cultivates sources, not friends.
    Are the two mutually exclusive? friends are more likely to give you data aren't they?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Some nitpicks aside, I do like the Chrissy Beppo character in S&L. Coworkers who became coworker/friends, and now kinda straight up friends.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I don't believe that's correct. I think Perez had a story where the Amazons opened up Themyscira to the outside world, and WW picked Clark Kent as one of the outsiders to tour the island. But Superman ended up passing on the invitation and said to take Lois instead.
    She did some media interviews/appearances early on in Perez's run so she may have had an offscreen one with the Daily Planet but actually shown on page, she definitely met Superman before Lois.

I think their social life is pretty mixed with their work life, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    She did some media interviews/appearances early on in Perez's run so she may have had an offscreen one with the Daily Planet but actually shown on page, she definitely met Superman before Lois.
    Yeah, just dug up the issue to confirm my memory is only kind of failing me instead of completely. Vol. 2, #37. At least under Perez, Lois and WW hadn't been formally introduced yet, and WW already knows Superman's secret ID.

Jonathan Carroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think their social life is pretty mixed with their work life, if nothing else.
    That's usually a hallmark of a workaholic, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Jonathan Carroll.
    Man, that's a blast from the past .
    That's usually a hallmark of a workaholic, right?
    Or that you get along really well with the people you work with .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, that's a blast from the past .

Or that you get along really well with the people you work with .
    This I understand. Granted, I never worked a job where my social life was mixed into my work life, so I can't say I have that experience.

I dunno, I've never thought of that as contributing to their dynamic at all. Them being otherwise social pariahs is rather significantly less interesting.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

I see a lot of "Lois is too busy to have friends" posts and the only thing that occurs to me is "Clark is even busier and he has friends of his own".

Of course, then I remember Clark's friends are either 1) Work colleagues (be it superheroes or journalists) or 2) childhood friends. But still, that doesn't mean Lois can't have friends either.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I see a lot of "Lois is too busy to have friends" posts and the only thing that occurs to me is "Clark is even busier and he has friends of his own".

Of course, then I remember Clark's friends are either 1) Work colleagues (be it superheroes or journalists) or 2) childhood friends. But still, that doesn't mean Lois can't have friends either.
    Also, i'd say that Lois genuinely is friends with SOME of the other journalists.... SOME.