Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    No, people like her IRL can't live without friends. Her job is all about interacting with other people. This doesn't mean close confidant... but... people who like her. Thing is... most of them aren't superheores, and thus you almost never see them.
    Can't live without friends? People like her IRL certainly can and do lol. Interacting with people and having friends are two different things. She can be charismatic and that is all she needs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Superman and Lois work so well because they don't really have a social life.
    But Superman has tons of close buddies, especially fellow aliens or superheroes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    But Superman has tons of close buddies, especially fellow aliens or superheroes.
    Blah!the larger dc universe is an eye sore.Superman's best superhero friend is batman.That relationship is toxic as eff.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Blah!the larger dc universe is an eye sore.Superman's best superhero friend is batman.That relationship is toxic as eff.
    Whatever you say straw hat.

Incredible Member

I think it’s a fantastic question something you could apply to all love interests in comics. Easy answer is that she’s not the main character so therefore not explored in that level of detail. That said others have commented that Supermans friends are other heroes and aliens which brings me to my point, they’ve downsized supporting casts that no character really has anyone who would be their friend. The only characters that are allowed anymore are other supes. And it like that across character and companies.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I think it’s a fantastic question something you could apply to all love interests in comics. Easy answer is that she’s not the main character so therefore not explored in that level of detail. That said others have commented that Supermans friends are other heroes and aliens which brings me to my point, they’ve downsized supporting casts that no character really has anyone who would be their friend. The only characters that are allowed anymore are other supes. And it like that across character and companies.
    One could argue that this is one of the reasons why the character and secret identity of Clark is so important. He can be a regular guy with regular friends.

(Full disclosure, I actually do like the context of how he revealed his SI and don't necessarily mind it as the current status quo. But I do see the other point of view as well.)
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog