Default ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ Spinoff From ‘Cobra Kai’ Creators In The Works

A spinoff of the 1986 John Hughes film Ferris Bueller’s Day Off is in the works at Paramount Pictures titled Sam and Victor’s Day Off from Cobra Kai creators Jon Hurwitz, Hayden Schlossberg, and Josh Heald. Bill Posley (Bitch Ass) is set to write the film.

Sam and Victor’s Day Off will follow the same-day adventure of the titular valets who took the Ferrari on a joy ride in the Matthew Broderick-starrer.

In the original film, the valet attendants were not given official names. They were played by Richard Edson and Larry “Flash” Jenkins, who died in 2019.

Paul Young (Key & Peele) is producing through his company, Make Good Content; the company’s executive Devon Young will oversee the project. Stephen Cedars, Benji Kleiman, and Scott Yacyshyn will be associate producers.
    https://deadline.com/2022/08/ferris-...es-1235088658/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

3 Ninjas needed them more.

I can't wait 'til we get the "Back to the Future" spin-off showing how Goldie Wilson went from working at the diner to becoming the Mayor of Hill Valley.

Kind of random, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I can't wait 'til we get the "Back to the Future" spin-off showing how Goldie Wilson went from working at the diner to becoming the Mayor of Hill Valley.
    You joke but I would watch that.

And it would be good. Showing him face racism in his small town and trying to change things for the better. All the time thinking of the kid in the dinner that gave him the idea.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'll pass they already tried something like this with that 90s Ferris Bueller’s Day Off show it didn't work then it's not going to work now.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'll pass they already tried something like this with that 90s Ferris Bueller’s Day Off show it didn't work then it's not going to work now.
    I think it will do better now because we didnt have that nostalgia rush for old shows and movies like we do now.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

To add to my other comment this would also be fun if they did like a split time line thing. One part of the episode that takes place before Marty goes back in time and he interacts with the Mcflys when they are still losers.

the other after Marty changed the time line and we get a successful McFly family interaction.

And the 3rd after Biff changes the time line and we see some things on that.

But that may be too much and confusing since that NBC show Book of Joe? Life of Joe (The one with the guy that lives every life) Didnt work out.

But the possibilities are endless. Well not endless but 3 options

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The premise of this spin-off seems only tangentially related to the original. They're not trying to recreate it, but take the basic premise and use different characters, so it could be .. anything, really. (although we know the car makes it through in one piece, uness they break the multiverse)

Think actually some of the more recent comics featured "Side stories" to BTTF instead of trying to do a sequel like the video game (Although I think they eventually adapted the game too). Don't think any focused on Goldie...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

someone say tangential spinoffs? This needs to happen: